Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Firgof: The lighting and atmosphere is stunning :)

@Gamma: The blacksmith shop could do with some interesting room layout, instead of a normal box wall. I love the coziness of the next screenshot, but I feel that the main living area could be a tad smaller :)

YakuzaMakoto

KuroTengu Yakuza Clan Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Sanguine very cool. with a warm atmosphere. A little bit romantic. Hust the clouds are a little bit strange but this can be my taste ^^

Here some Maps from me. All are only for Quests in an other forum and not for games.

Hope it is alright...

the newest one:

The Quest was "arcane magic"!

And because i like it a lot i started to make a game with this thopic/story from the map.

Other ones...

Quest: Deep in the Ocean

Quest: Crime Scene

Xeno_Salazar

War Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all, haven't been here in a long time. I'm looking to see how good (or bad!) my mapping skills have become. So then...lots of screens incoming!

Title Screen:

Main Character's home:

(Ignore the wierdness on the bottom left...mapsaver script did it!)

First dungeon, some cliffs on the coast:

And a couple of battle scenes from said dungeon just because:

GammaVector

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The cliffs dungeon is really dark. I'd lighten it up a little so your player can see what they're doing.

Xeno_Salazar

War Mage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah definitely gonna find a way to disable that tint from the storm(or just use rain instead). Part of it is Kahs Lighting also...can be a pain to work with sometimes.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The transition from grass to sand is very abrupt.  Perhaps edit a tile, if you don't have one, so that it is a bit more half-and-half for a tile's width or so?  Also, those rooms look very large.  Do you need all that space?

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Testing out a new art-style for my collaboration project. Very probably going to change, but I'm enjoying just trying out new things.

Right now I'm being influenced by impressionism, and hoping to give this limbo world a kind of ephemeral look.

EDIT - also, I know maps floating around in 3d space looks gamey as hell, but that's essentially what I'm going for. Think Breath of Fire 3/4, Vandal Hearts, Grandia etc.

full map

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow hian, that's really nice. I think the only thing I don't care for is that the grass is almost too painted, if that makes sense. To me it seems to give a bit of a blurry feel compared to everything around it. Other than though, beautiful work. And I like the floating map look. It's fun, and a bit different for RPG Maker.

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Wow hian, that's really nice. I think the only thing I don't care for is that the grass is almost too painted, if that makes sense. To me it seems to give a bit of a blurry feel compared to everything around it. Other than though, beautiful work. And I like the floating map look. It's fun, and a bit different for RPG Maker.
I agree. It's an issue to due with the scaling of the original texture I was using. It looked alright zoomed out, then I play-tested it and was like "jeeeesaz!", but I thought I'd post it anyways.

I'm glad you like the general lay-out. I'm considering opting for this style all-around for the game, because you can do a lot of interesting things that way in terms of design - like having a larger map with several focus points that all have different back-drops like the village picture in the back of the map I just made etc.

EDIT -

Did a mockup where I put a more uniform texture on top of the old and faded them in together.

Would something like this be better on the eyes?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hian

I like the grass in the second post better :)

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
shiiiit, means I am going to have to rework the actual platform from scratch, if that's the common consensus.

At least everything else is okay for the time being.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I too prefer the second version of the grass.

If I can make a suggestion, maybe you could add some dirt to the paths leading to the well and garden? Just a few patches would be enough, I think.

Reactions: Ksi

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Some mock ups of the battle system of a game I'm working on

Physical primary and secondary weapons (the numbers are current loaded bullets over total bullets in inventory)

Energy based secondary weapon (bar is the energy bar of the weapon)

Energy based primary and secondary weapons

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@hian - Second grass definitely looks better.

@Engr. - Sorry I don't have much to say, weapons are not my strong area.

@Sanguine - Beautiful! I love the falling leaves, do they move around in game?

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sanguine you did a really nice job on those! Really nice map effects to.

I havent posted in here in a hot minute so here u go.

Raider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Looks really nice, especially ingame! Althoug I think something is missing in this forest, there are no real "eyecatchers", if you know what I mean :)

Here is also a new map from a little project I'm currently working on. The setting is nordic/gaelic and this screenshot shows a part of a little village at night.

Feedback is appreciated :)

The_Renegade_

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been messing with my tileset and mapping again, and I have been amazed how much the tile editor can be pushed.

There's not even a single event on this map.

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Sanguine - Why's the tall grass still green when you've recoloured the rest, flowers look similarly out of place. The title screen needs work, Eyrie obstructing Soul Keepers is just bad design.

@Stridah - That's the worst map I've seen in a while, so uninspired and lazy. There's nothing to it; no structure, no direction and nothing of interest.

@Raider - Good map, nice use of the RTP.

@MasterOfHearts - Not a fan of the grass tile you're using and the right diagonal cliff tile is too blurry but other than that it looks good.

Working on a museum but I feel it's lacking something, any ideas? Glass cabinets and the diagonal stairs are still a WIP.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@sanguine

The ground, water and cliff tiles look like BenBen's.  If so, I suggest you use his flowers and grass as well, because the Ace tiles don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a bit late, but Happy New Year to everyone! And to all of those who have an Asian heritage that celebrates the New Year, I wish you all get many fat red envelopes hehehe~
Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eriedev