Game & Map Screenshots 6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogmaster87

moogmaster87 "Maker of Many Things" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @heimond - Dude it looks great! I really like the art style of it!

So Hey everyone! New update on Maps for my Upcoming game here are some samples for the World Map in my game, its still pretty early stages, still have more to add but you will get the main idea of the map :) there are a few in game shots and one Overview of the world map so far, with 2 out of 5 continents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the whole map so far: [​IMG]

Let me know what you think!!! Any and All Ideas are welcomed!!! Thank you!! :D

-Moog

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    AnneSeraphim likes this.
  2. Korten12

Korten12 Working on, The Border. :) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Don't want to spam this thread, so this is the last one for a while. D:

More screenshots from the same zone but different map.

Hopefully this is allowed? 

http://imgur.com/a/QWn9R#0

An album of the screenshots.

3. Peridot Gaming

Peridot Gaming Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Korten: I really like the screens, except for 1 thing.  I don't like the way that your steps have vertical "seams" between the tiles.  It's these bits that I'm talking about:

[​IMG]
    In my opinion, the steps should be one continuous looking tile (which does exist in the RTP), otherwise to me it just looks a bit weird.

DoctorArtist likes this.
  4. Korten12

First Language:
    English
    In my opinion, the steps should be one continuous looking tile (which does exist in the RTP), otherwise to me it just looks a bit weird.
    Huh? Where is that? D:

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Korten

Exterior Forest A5, top right, directly under the tiles with the holes in the ground.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  6. Korten12

First Language:
    English
    @ksjp17

Like this?

[​IMG]

Also quick question, is there too much or not enough extra details do you guys think in the area? 

7. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Korten

Yes, those are the tiles.

I personally wouldn't add more detail in, if only because you've got the leaf shadow overlay which is already adding a lot of visual detail.  Any more and I think it would be overload.  I think that would be doubly true if you are using a fog script to show that overlay, because then it might then be moving as well.

DoctorArtist and moogmaster87 like this.
  8.  Nova

Nova Veteran Veteran

First town of my game :D

[​IMG]

Candacis, zachfoss, hiromu656 and 6 others like this.
  9. Korten12

First Language:
    English
    @ksjp17

It's victor's fog effect. Currently I don't have any fog effect's that actually move with the player. (Though I actually had to get rid of the Enhanced Camera script because it made the fog move with the player.

Which made things look very strange. lol.)

10. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    flirion, Sharm, Skyforger and 13 others like this.
  11. heimond

heimond Schrodinger's Box Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Indrah
    Awsome  :o

12. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi all, I would appreciate some feedback on how my tiles look (all custom). I'm not sure if the fireplace fits, but it's still a work in progress. The windows are next on my agenda. Just figured I'd let you all see how it's going!

[​IMG]

13. Muk adel heid

Muk adel heid Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    @Indrah , i like your maps, so much.  Those tilesets are amazing,  i've always wanted make a game to use them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These maps have fogs  and ambiental sounds. I'm not a good game designer. This is my best  , i guess...

[​IMG]

14. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Korten

I use the Enhanced Camera script with Shaz's fog script and have no problems.

@Indrah

What can one say? Truly amazing.  Some excellent work there.  I especially like the market place.

@Paladin-Cleric

Obviously one is into the realms of personal preference here, but I think the blue walls work better than the yellow ones.  I don't know if it's the particular shade of yellow, or whether it's the combination of the yellow with the other tiles, but to me it stands out so much that it sort of overwhelms the other tiles a bit.  To me, when I compare the tops of the cupboards in front of those walls with similar near the blue walls, the ones by the yellow walls look flat.  I like the way the blue of the carpet and tiles is mottled with something else.  

I think the set has come on tremendously, though I still think that the colour of the floor is just a little bit too close to the colour of the tops of the furniture.  When I compare how it looks with e.g. the 2 darker cupboards right at the top, and then look at the top at the very bottom, next to the ceiling tile, the latter sort of blends away into the floor.  But as I said at the beginning, this may simply be personal preference and nothing more.

@Muk adel Heid

I like those maps.  The only thing I would question is the way you have mixed 2 different colours of long grass together.  I don't think they quite work.

Tuxedo Leila and Muk adel heid like this.
  15. Korten12

First Language:
    English
    @ksjp17

Ah, I haven't seen that script. Though to be fair, I did also get rid of Enhanced Camera due to the fact that when you have events in place for tileset pieces, it makes it so

they're no longer look part of the map. 

16. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    @Muk - I like how the shadows of those two characters move with the flame

Muk adel heid likes this.
  17. DoctorArtist

DoctorArtist Time Splicer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Alright, so...I'm pretty new here, haven't really posted anything at all. 

I'm working on this game, still very new at this, and I'm pretty sure it'll be postponed until early next year. I'll include snapshots at the end, too. But here's a trailer I made not too long ago for it. 

18. Saltwater Croc

Saltwater Croc Voice Actor/Frelance Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Hylian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

[​IMG]

These maps have fogs  and ambiental sounds. I'm not a good game designer. This is my best  , i guess...

[​IMG]

Never ever doubt yourself.  I love how in the last map screenie, the fire moves and their shadows sway. I think that's brilliant.

@Indrah, the maps are quite nice. You and Team F.B.S. did a great job! Did JUST you make the maps, or did everyone on the team help a bit? Still pretty nice stuff.

Cleric, I like that map.  But with all the attention to detail inside that house, the walls look just a bit... flat. If there was some way to bring them out a little more, make 'em pop. Only a suggestion, of course. :)

Pikachu, that map reminds me of Littleroot town! Are you developing a Pokemon Fan Game?

@Moogmaster, I'm so sorry I forgot about you! I love those continents. I love the different feel they each have and I certainly loe that galleon!

19. CrazyCrab

CrazyCrab Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Polishing up my technology tree, eventing some buildings... 

I'm really hoping that the tech tree looks at least somewhat intuitive, I tried so many things yet in the end I'm stuck with this...[​IMG]

Gray until you research them, arrows show you which techs are necessary to get the next one.

Is it obvious? I've never done anything like this before and I'd rather not add any more tutorials, there are enough already ^^'

Tuxedo Leila and Bukarett like this.
  20. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You offend me, sir! XD Of course I did them myself, what doest thou mean, you believe I could not?! Let me adjust my monocle in an irate huffy manner.

I'm the mapper so yeah, my work only. Do you mean did I make the TILES? (No, I did plenty editing tho). The others did other aspects fo the game like gameplay eventing and writing, is that what you mean?

Dalph and Bukarett like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.