Not open for further replies.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@AceofAces_Mod he said it's a secret passage, so the first screenshot is the passage unopened.

@Schlangan The illuminated passage that opened up doesn't make sense because there's no light coming from below (it's pitch black below. If it was white or you could see something under, then it would make sense). It would also make sense if opening up the passage also turns on some kind of lighting above.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hesitated about the black part, because I was stuck on how showing that the stairs go further down, while dealing with the walls. Since the light should logically comes from the passage itself, and not above, I'll try to change the black part to clearly shows that the light comes form there. Thank you :)

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
It's not exactly perfect, but here's my house:

Thanks for any feedback! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not exactly perfect, but here's my house:

Thanks for any feedback! :)
Just some opinions:

I think you should lessen the size of the walls by 1 tile, and the windows you're using on the outside I think belong on the inside.

You can make your rooms larger by reducing the walls by 1 tile, opening the space up. Might wanna add a window to the bedroom, too. But - what's with the sign on the outside, if you don't mind my asking?

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ummm... I thinkn the walls need to be that big, because I'm going to have big sprites in the House.

And the sign is because there is a sign on the Village map, and I thought it would be a nice touch. Does it work?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you insist on showing the exterior wall, you should do something with a door I guess. Because the current way is a bit strange. I would also decrease the wall height by one case; but you should show us the size of your sprites to help us to decide. Don't hesitate to show the map in-game, not only the editor.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, it's a High-Res game, so it's a bit big but:

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Given the size of the character you definitely need to scale down the walls ^^ If we assume the character is around 170 cm, your ceiling would be at more than 3.4 meters high ^^ usually ceilings are around 2.5 meters in houses; because it'd hard to heat the rooms properly else.

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In that screenshot, the sprite size is still smaller than those walls by quite a bit. I still suggest one tile less. As for the sign, still not sure. Part of me likes it, the rest doesn't mind it.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Like this:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, think of this as a house - where is the kitchen?  The sink, stove etc?  If that went in, then the rather unusual grand piano (unusual for that style of house which looks quite modest, if not actually poor) could go somewhere else.

Where is your fireplace?  How do they heat the house if they have no fire?  What do they do for lighting once the sun has set?  There are no candle sconces on the walls, for example.

The windows in your bottom wall show sunlight streaming from them - but they are looking into the house, so where is the sunlight coming from?

You have two windows in the living area, but no window in the sleeping area.  Is that realistic?

That table is huge.  It should be no more than half the size.  No one (given the size of the sprite shown) could ever reach the middle of it without climbing on to it.

EDIT

You posted a new version while I was typing.  The height of the wall is much better.  Now you have only one window on that back wall.  Not, imo, an improvement.  You need a window in the bedroom surely?

Soul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, but I think you should move the back-wall backwards by one tile. Just to open it up a bit if you want the table that big.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have two windows in the living area, but no window in the sleeping area.  Is that realistic?
Well technically that's possible (IRL I don't have any window in my bedroom), but you need at least some candles or something to bring in lights before going to bed, that's for sure.

That table is huge. It should be no more than half the size. No one (given the size of the sprite shown) could ever reach the middle of it without climbing on to it.
I also agree for the table, it's too big too. I know why you did it, to keep the armchairs centered; but it's impossible to reach the middle.

Bourgeoise

Professional Slacker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's meant to be a small living room...really small...yes, I know I need different curtains, perhaps...anywho, all feedback welcome! Please and danke! 

Living.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Size is fine, disposition of the furniture is probably okay, but I found it impossible really to focus on anything clearly because of that floor.  I cannot imagine what it would be like trying to live with a floor like that, and then with that bit of carpet on top of it which clashes. Maybe other people won't have that problem, dunno.

Bourgeoise

Professional Slacker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ksjp17 I presume your comment is directed towards my map. Yes, I am in agreement with the floor. I must admit, I am terrible at finding suitable floors + walls. One of the many problems I struggle with while mapping. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Kyriaki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Posting some more 'debug room' maps for my game I haven't had time to work on in a while (I just keep making new builds/maps/scenarios and then deconstruct them over and over ugh). The first and second floors to the test cottage I posted way back in G&M Screens 3 hahaha.

Type: Parallax Map

Materials Used: Textures, RTP from VX, XP, and FSM.
Comments & Critiques welcome!

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kyriaki It looks good but if it's parallaxed you may as well move the furniture, such as the bookshelves, closer to the wall so they looked placed against it.  As it they look far enough away you could slide behind them

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kyriaki Yup, since you troubled yourself with parallax, you might as well make the best of it. Some shadows, more random placement, etc. Still, it's a very appealing map (the colors are a little too unsaturated for my tastes, but that's me). Is this going to be in The Seventh Castle? I saw the topic a while back I'd like to try it out.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok, I made some inprovements to my House, but I can't find any good chairs that fit the newly sized table.

Here it is:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

2021? I still wonder if people still doing MV than MZ more
Seeing a lot more active Ace topics recently, is it making a comeback? :o
0-7, left-to-right, top-to-bottom
As soon as I'm able to get out of bed I'm probably gonna go so hyper from being too cooped up, and burn myself out into another awful flare. lol
It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krunga