Not open for further replies.

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
I agree :) - actually, in game it'll be lit only by lanterns and a light source carried by the PC, so you wouldn't see all of it anyway.

Just a random artist thought. It can be fixed easily. Tone down the floor's texture opacity. Everything will looks alot better afterward XD Especially the big huge map we liked XD :guffaw:

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a random artist thought. It can be fixed easily. Tone down the floor's texture opacity. Everything will looks alot better afterward XD Especially the big huge map we liked XD :guffaw:

Ooh now that's a thought actually. I could give that a go...

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphical update; playing around with the first of the custom sprites, the main protagonist. Poor RTP guard seems jealous when he's still so tiny and chibi.

BgS2Zr4.png

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tuomo L: Just a quick thing, but don't forget to have your windows at eye level, like on the right-sided houses.

I'd personaly make the red roof taller as the house looks very narrow as it is.

But I like your ground path a lot!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been working on this for awhile...

I really wish I had music stand sprites... Or just musical instruments in general, since this is meant to be a music hall. What kind of music hall has ONLY a piano?!

Map015.png

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Been working on this for awhile...

I really wish I had music stand sprites... Or just musical instruments in general, since this is meant to be a music hall. What kind of music hall has ONLY a piano?!

What if the guest artist is a renowned pianist? It happens IRL.

I think Celianna has some musical instruments in her tileset...

Yes, there are. Search for "Orchestra" in that page.

You can find seats and curtains, too.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those look great, but they're only for VX Ace. I'm using MV. Yes, I know about MVFU, but she says they're only for that engine so I'm not sure if that'd be allowed. Kind of a shame too, since they're quite nice looking.

The Music Hall is where my first boss fight is going to be,. :) Facing off against Maestro Sonorous, the Head Bard at the Academy!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, piano is already there. I saw a violin and harp in that linked tileset. Lyre, lute, trumpet...

I could probably make a music box myself, since if it's closed, that's just a square.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Let's keep this to talking about the screenshot.  Little Adventurer can start a thread in requests to find instruments if she wants.

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Graphical update; playing around with the first of the custom sprites, the main protagonist. Poor RTP guard seems jealous when he's still so tiny and chibi.

This is beautiful! The desaturated colour template make it seems blissful by itself! Nice!

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Nice maps @Strashiner though,

I dont like the trees in the second screenshot. its not balancing with the rest of the tiles. maybe that's just me. It's too 3Dish than a pixel art

But that train ticketing booth is gorgeous

Edit:
Updated Tileset for Val'Ur Ruins:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ftMELBu.png[/IMG] 

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear MV RTP: you are an ass to work with. ART DIRECTION WHERE BE THOU I CANT FIND YOU!

(Also screw this stupid temple in particular I have literally nothing to put on it)

6IgxIpB.png

Q5nlSlY.png

7jJQMyY.png

pcHA1zJ.png

DarkBooDev

Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What do you all think of these? First is my game's title screen, second is the first area. I'm going for an undertale/earthbound style.

Title Screen.png

Penelope's Bedroom.png

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Indrah

What exactly is your problem with the MV rtp? I'm curious. The screenshots are looking good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing
How come there's no spooktober game jam? I thought horror maker games were some of the most popular genre out there...
"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghalano