Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Candacis Art direction. Tiles by themselves are fine, but they feel strange many times, like multiple sources made them independently and they are strange to put together. It's a weird feeling, I dunno. It just slows down mapping a lot for me. Like, have you tried to use many of those fancy floor interior tiles? I swear they are near impossible to use smoothly with other pieces without tweaking or super specific combinations >< Or like color combinations feel weird and mismatched. 

It's weird to explain, but it's just liek it takes EFFORT to find matching tiles that work well together rather than the norm.

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I remade the eternal garden from my project:

hey_link_listen_by_rocketdesignre-d9xq4rm.png

life_in_a_vivid_dream_by_rocketdesignre-d9x6jxy.png

DarkBooDev

Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RocketKnight

Very lovely! though it seems a little static/unlively. maybe a few more flowers would provide a more bountiful/vibrant feel to it.

Still, I love the blending of the stone and the grass, wonderfully done! :D

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Someone's putting their plugin to good use! That's gorgeous!

Strashiner

Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RocketKnight

dayum son, those textures!

I struggle to find those nice grassy textures. I always rely on google grass textures, but tbh I need those textures. the last picture with the cliffs, those little nice bumps, they change the whole thing. big time.

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RocketKnight

dayum son, those textures!

I struggle to find those nice grassy textures. I always rely on google grass textures, but tbh I need those textures. the last picture with the cliffs, those little nice bumps, they change the whole thing. big time.

I took a photo of a fluffy rug, heavily cropped it, re-hued it and bump-mapped it.

Came out surprisingly well as grass! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kaus: That's some pretty cool looking tiles you've got there! Fog and most of the lightning effects are pretty neat and the overall layout looks good so far. There are somethings that could be improved though:

- The pillar that goes into the water at the upper right corner just looks weird.

- The upper edge of that pillar doesn't look smooth and consistent; it mostly just looks cut-off.

- Some tiles have black outlines and some don't. It would look a lot better if everything was more consistent.

- The little water pools are cute, but they stand out a lot compared to everything else.

Keep up the good work, man!

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kaus
Your tileset is beautiful, I really like the texture but it kinda obscure shape of some objects such as balcony.

Drawing Map for my project. Time for me to practice what I haven't done in a long time and not quite good at it, city maps....

80xmAeq.jpg

VqgzPpS.jpg

sealofgold_zpsy1btkseo.png

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
@Kaus
Your tileset is beautiful, I really like the texture but it kinda obscure shape of some objects such as balcony.

Drawing Map for my project. Time for me to practice what I haven't done in a long time and not quite good at it, city maps....

I thought @Kaus was doing it on purpose? Obscurity somewhat make the map doesn't look arranged, even realistic I think.

Your city map in fire is Superb! I love how most of the door was half open, bring out the sense of emergency when people running away.

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
@luzi Yea i meant it to make it look like that. but i have a fix here and there in some tiles with issues... Nice maps btw I love that european style feel to it. I miss playing with vx man but love doing new things with MV ^_^

Another Update sampling tiles. Ignore errors as this map is serve as a sample on what the tileset can make :3 

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZwIHi8c.png[/IMG]

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kaus: Your maps look really nice - (I particularly love the trees, actually) - I'm just not sure about all the sunlight rays though...?

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Project Wanda is now in early beta phase, getting close for release. This unassuming game is rather small and clumsy but nevertheless took us more than a year+ worth of hard-works to complete. Looking back and suddenly realized, we've come far for this small game.

This is one of the early map we've made more than a year ago.

Wanda-Screenshot%20Old.jpg

And this is the same map after the polishing!
Taking in dip in that bubbling purple pool, what could go wrong?

Wanda%20Poision%20pool.gif

And this is one of the cut-scene screenshots taken from the game.
Does it give you cinematic feel?

Wanda%20Screenshot%20Cinematic-2.png

So what do you think about this project so far? Feedback from fellow RM users would be great! What do you think about the game's visual quality and premise?

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SomaelCK: I do love the art style actually, of all the shots you post up, but you know what?

Comparing the top shot of the last post, with the shot directly below it, I think that the first shot has more "charm" to it, it's rougher, but I kind of like that look a little more than the more polished version. - not to say that's not nice, but I dunno, I just like the less-polished look somehow...? :)

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SomaelCK: I do love the art style actually, of all the shots you post up, but you know what?

Comparing the top shot of the last post, with the shot directly below it, I think that the first shot has more "charm" to it, it's rougher, but I kind of like that look a little more than the more polished version. - not to say that's not nice, but I dunno, I just like the less-polished look somehow...? :)

Probably because the gif maker compressed the quality of it. XD

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
@SomaelCK Wow that's quite a great leap! The animated bubbles and all those details put in the ground floor, GEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senkiji