Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

We remade a new trailer for Wanda before we start beta. This is going to be the release trailer for it. Please have a look :)
Any suggestions, feedback, criticism to improve the trailer are welcomed!

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
capitalize the T in "trailer" but other than that it looks great!! @SomaelCK

the music was really good as well.

Makes me want to play it!

AcosmicDevi

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@aceofaces_mod

Your church looks a little odd because the front wall is three tiles high, but the back wall is only two tiles high. Additionally, with the platform, there is only one tile of space for your sprites to stand. It makes the room look a little odd, like the platform is halfway up the wall. I like the maze maps though. They look pretty intricate.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Art of Gaming

Owner of the Green Tunic in Dreamland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SomaelCK Man that trailer was good! I loved the music you used and those animations looked really good.

VanillaBrocker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@SomaelCK Great music and trailer. At first, I thought the game was trying too hard to be cute and emotional, but after that, the whole emotive thing sounds completely natural and inspiring. Congratulations.

@Kaus I love the scenes you make to show your tilesets. There's a great sense of architecture too.

Here are two screens from my game. The first one is an abandoned hut which the bed's perspective must be corrected. The second one is another abandoned hut, but this one have some weird stuff. NSFW, semi-naked main character.

10.png

11.png

Zero2505

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SomaelCK Love the trailer! You did a fantastic job on the art style and the music!

@VanillaBrocker Love your maps! I always enjoy looking at games with custom graphics that are nicely done. You can't even tell that your game is made with RPG Maker anymore.

Here is a map I just made. This is my first time doing a parallax map. I feel like something is missing...... Feedback and criticism are welcome.

Kira's House.jpg

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DeviTheHuman, do you mean that the soldiers don't have enough space to walk behind? Could you explain it a little better?

@SomaelCK, Well, this may turn out to be a pretty good game. Good luck with your project.

I did a revision on the prison map. Had to hunt down a script that takes map shots (pretty big picture on the spoiler). I've also edited the picture add some info:

yIWlK3s.png

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DeviTheHuman, do you mean that the soldiers don't have enough space to walk behind? Could you explain it a little better?

@SomaelCK, Well, this may turn out to be a pretty good game. Good luck with your project.

I did a revision on the prison map. Had to hunt down a script that takes map shots (pretty big picture on the spoiler). I've also edited the picture add some info:

Way too many ultra long hallways that makes me want to look for the auto run button and have a short nap while waiting for my character to get all the way across.

Deceius

The Vintage Tiger Cub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kaus : That's a really great house! I mean, it adds variations to the common houses in RM Games and it opens more opportunities for variations.

This a WIP battle HUD for my game.. well, the main character pilots a mech. Any comments or suggestions? :)

LUNAHUD.png

The frame HUD is still work in progress... Well, it basically shows the body schematics of the mech, and once a body part is not operational, it grays out.

Zero2505

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@AceOfAces_Mod I think another problem with some of your maps like the prison map, is that they feel kinda empty for their size. Maybe try adding more stuff to the maps to give them more life. Like for your prison map for example, you could add some pillars or maybe some cracks in the floor or wall, maybe some crates, add more torture devices in your torture room and so on.

@_elvenheart That a really interesting idea you came up with, I really like your HUB design. :)  

VanillaBrocker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Zero2505 Thanks a lot! It's really rewarding to read comments like that. Sadly, the menus still VERY RPG Maker-ish, but that's something I'll try to mock up and comission someone to redesign it. Wish me luck. And thanks again.

About your map, I loved that color contrast between the trees, using opposite colors for trees! Also, that cabin looks very cozy. Great job!

@_elvenheart That's very cool. Even with lots of in-screen elements, it's not a mess. Actually, it's very clean. The colors are in harmony and it all looks very consistent. Don't really know only about the windowskin in the left menu, as it seems a little "out of place" with all these pixel art graphics. But maybe it's just me being pricky.

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
I NEED to have that!!!! 

It's released now ^_^

@Kaus I love the scenes you make to show your tilesets. There's a great sense of architecture too.

@Kaus : That's a really great house! I mean, it adds variations to the common houses in RM Games and it opens more opportunities for variations.

Yea I like building complicated stuff xD Nice Techy battle screen you got there btw.

Another one, In case you missed it:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZMFVpHV.png[/IMG]

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so I got a revision of my town map from when the cliffs were too large and didn't blend well together, here is the old cliffs:

Screenshot_1.png

And here is the revised cliffs:

Screenshot_3.png

@esby

I went in the direction to what you showed me, however I just made them larger, more flat cliffs. I decided that would be better in a forest setting then having a giant cliff. But all in all, turned out pretty well. Add some decor and it should look quite good.

Also on an unrelated note to the cliffs, added a nice little feature to my map to make it feel more natural:

Screenshot_2.png

The four events on the pathway there control the BGS. :)  The left two fade out the BGS playing which is the sound of the river flowing, giving the effect of the player not hearing the river when they are not near it. The right two, obviously play the BGS because the player is near the river :)  Such cool things you can do with this engine.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
!

I should do that with my SEs! That's perfect for say, a room with a fireplace.

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Little Adventurer

I actually came up with the idea when I was playtesting things in my town. River is on right half of map and player start is on left. Didn't make sense to hear a river so far away xD so I chose a good transition spot. But yes, very good SFX control. And with the Fadeout BGS you can even choose how long it takes for the sound to fade. So maybe put it at 3 seconds, so that as the player moves away the sound gets softer and softer, instead of just stopping quickly.

Just make sure that you place down an event on every spot the player can walk when they are far enough away from your fire. :)  Cheers!

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Nisshoku@Little Adventurer

There's actually a cleverer little way of achieving that effect without cluttering up your map with events (and allows you to do neat things like increasing the volume the closer to get to the sound source), all you need is one parallel process with a conditional branch using a script call to check what region the player is on. I'm not sure what the MV equivalent would be but I don't imagine it would be too dissimilar to this.

853a120a0f.jpg

This is how your map regions would be set out with each tile labelled by their distance to the noise source.

b20c778f2d.png

Would be how your event would look (including a conditional for each region used), the furthest away region would be used to turn the SFX off. 20 is a big jump in volume that I've just used for an example but an increase in volume of around 5 or so over 8ish regions works really well :D

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@esby

Nice tutorial there. I like the way it works using that method. I probably will stick to the way I have mine now though as its more simple and works better for me :p  But thanks for the idea. Might use it in future projects. I did however, test it on a map and it worked like a charm. Thanks ^-^

@Little Adventurer

I was just thinking that using this method would work much better for your idea. You wanted to use it inside when the player was near or far from a fireplace, however generally inside maps like houses are much smaller and more tight. Making a ton of events taking up all that space seems wasteful and cluttered. If you were to use the region method, you could still make events on all the open spaces, and only take one single square for the crackling fire sound. Just a thought for ya.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*nods* I've actually never used the regions in any map I've made, despite me having plugins like Region Restrictions from Yanfly and stuff. 

How do they work?

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Little Adventurer

Well, for me I generally only use them for monster spawning control. For example:

Screenshot_4.png

As you can see above I have 3 different regions and a clear pathway. On the pathway, no region is defined. Meaning the player will never run into a battle if they are on the path. Now for example, Slimes spawn in region 1, giant spiders in region 2, and trolls in region 3. You can make certain parts of the map have different spawns.

Screenshot_5.png

Now from what you can see above in the encounters section, I have each mob listed that appears on the map, and which regions that mob can spawn in. This is all just basic monster control though. There are a lot more complex things you can do with them. 

Here is a link to Hime Works website that explains regions very well if you would like to see more in-depth uses for them.

http://himeworks.com/2014/11/understanding-tile-regions/

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Talking about the use of regions and events is off topic, please take it to a new thread if you wish to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unit435