Status
Not open for further replies.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@RocketKnight PLEASE do not use music with words (also you don't own the music....do you? (like did you create it?)) You're mapping is really interesting but the music with words over top the text sound === bad. Now if this is a youtube music thing you did, please ... dont .... do .... that ..... LOL. Good job though.

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
umo0iik.png
I love RTP <3

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@SOC Too much space and too much repetition, I suggest looking at castle maps :D Good job though

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Rocket - I think the static would look a lot better if it was animated and please get rid of the text noise, that is really grating.

@SOC - I'd use more than one type of flooring here to help set apart the different levels, it looks a little confusing right now.

@ScoopJohn - I use Yanfly Engine Ace to drop the resolution and then alter the sizing/spacing of pretty much every Window_[...] script and any I import.

I think I'm done tinkering with my battle UI, might squeeze in another turn order slot, not sure whether to add a white outline to the characters down the bottom like on the turn order.

DtoxSml.png

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Kim_Shyuen18 Good job, one thing - the black space thats two grid sizes in height, it should be one. It looks odd as two, especially on the right hand side "out side" the main walls.

@ESBY'S WORLD I like the graphics

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kim_Shyuen18

Nice tiles, but I find the proportions of the rooms a bit off.  You have 2 huge bedrooms, where it looks as if you've put in really big tables just to fill the space.  Who has friends in for tea/coffee into their bedroom like that?  (3 chairs around the table in a double room).  Those tables would be awkwardly large in any room, but in a bedroom they stand out like a sore thumb.  Not helped by the Mack table on the right, which doesn't blend in with the other tiles, imo.

I would suggest reducing the size of the rooms considerably so that you don't have so much empty space.  Taking a single bed as 3 feet, those rooms are the equivalent of at least 18 x 24 feet.  Measure your own room at home and see how that compares.  

The way you have constructed it - one door into the whole area so that both rooms are open to each other, seems a little awkward to me.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would suggest reducing the size of the rooms considerably so that you don't have so much empty space.  Taking a single bed as 3 feet, those rooms are the equivalent of at least 18 x 24 feet.  Measure your own room at home and see how that compares.  
I think the size of the rooms look fine for the amount of stuff in them. Remember you do have to walk around in them :p

Panda

Level 15 Fluffy Bear
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
And so the town construction continues...

xj7qYTL.jpg
EDIT: Noticed that there's an overlapping problem at the top right with barrels. It's been fixed ingame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diaeitsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Panda:

This is totally awesome! :o

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Panda You make my guts tingle with excitement

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this would look even better if you edited your sun rays. They are too distinct, with sharp edges. A simple Gaussian blur would do it, make them less harsh.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
And so the town construction continues...
I find the roof (lower right - golden thatch)very confusing.

Maybe if those side gable/dormers had shadows it would help?

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this would look even better if you edited your sun rays. They are too distinct, with sharp edges. A simple Gaussian blur would do it, make them less harsh.
Or just don't even use them.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I find most overlays (like sun rays or those weird leaf shadows for forests) to be totally unnecessary. Like Panda's map is perfectly nice without anything on top of it. Although I would suggest adding some benches in the big empty square.

Panda

Level 15 Fluffy Bear
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Made a few (minor) alterations, as per suggestions. 

UwWJB2V.jpg
Changes

1. Sunbeams increased with a Gaussian blur of 50 pixels.
  2. Benches! They were originally sitting around the centre statue, though ultimately it limited accessibility to the statue's flavour text so they were moved.
  3. The overlapping layer problem from earlier is now fixed.
  4. Not entire sure on the specifics of GrandmaDeb's suggestion: For now, I've just added shadows to the far right, next to the rightmost dormers. They're not very noticeable, though.
    Made an attempt to add shadows to the leftmost dormers - I initially had them on both sides, though they didn't quite look right to me so I've kept them on just the left for now.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
dormer.PNG

This is what I mean.

Because the lower sides of those dormer/gables would be in shadow.

And I added a little dark line to indicate the connection between the gable and the A-frame roof.

All of the brown roofs have much darker shadows on the right sloped side. I am not sure why the yellow roof seems all the same color on both sides, relative to the shadows on the brown roofs.

Sunbeams look much better!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This isn't exactly a new screenshot but I tried to remake one of the old screenshots from project Wanda and upscaled it to get an HD quality for upcoming RMMV. I think it went pretty well. No more pixelated mess when you goes full screen on your PC :)

Wanda%20HD%20test.png

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Working on one of my earlier dungeons, a chain of floating islands dotted with windmills and wheat patches. Don't ask how it's all floating IT'S JUST MAGIC.

h6B7tEh.png

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's floating by magic, why does the bridge need supporting pillars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;
0YJJJiG.gif
kkSYWES.gif
0YJJJiG.gif

Working on some fan assets! I won't share them all just yet, but it's a fun practice! (So maybe keep an eye out for a thread for them in the future?) :kaohi: These boyos are Pink Slimes and a Tabby Slime from Slime Rancher.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchMann12