Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add flowers! :D Instant prettier! I like it Euphony! Especially how the clouds look. It kinda reminds me of marshmallows.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cacophony; That is GORGEOUS. I'm in love with that background!

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Cacophony this looks like something I use to do, its really awesome

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Working on one of my earlier dungeons, a chain of floating islands dotted with windmills and wheat patches. Don't ask how it's all floating IT'S JUST MAGIC.
Magical!

Do you think that bridge would look more natural if the stones overflowed a wee bit over that sharp straight line of bricks?

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm I'm not exactly sure what you mean, Deb. You mean where the vertical edge of the cliff meets the bridge? Cause the bridge is supposed to be slightly farther back than the cliff...perhaps I should just add some shadow there to make a better transition.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
ya that bridge doesnt exactly look like it fits, i feels forced

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh God, like daggers in my poor little heart. I was so proud of my bridge.

giphy.gif

JK I'll do something to fix it.

DarknessFalls

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Your bridge is fine but it feels unnatural to the world around it.

Draktheron

Queen of the Sky Sailor, Wonderful
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is the Chelia Forest map I made for my current game/ Lemme know what you think~

A small forest set aside from humans, a magical place for all manners of Elven and Beast-Folk to thrive, away from the hate and cruelty of mundane humans.

Map032.png
and I wonder how this cottage in another forest looks to people outside myself~

A cottage set deep into the woods, a place feared by mundane humans for it was once the habitation of a unique witch, a powerful Doll-Maker known only as Alice, now only a empty house and superstitions remain.

Map016.png

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think my MV Modern Exterior tiles are working out okay. I have to agree with Cel about the trees. And the export as image doesn't include events, so you cannot see the doors.

Brick house lower left has SciFi MV walls for comparison sake.

Map001_zpsi2gmysso.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lustermx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@GrandmaDeb

I was going to say you're the first to post an MV screenie in the screenshots thread, then I remembered Archeia posted one before any of us losers.

Anyhow, I think you're tiles work great!

Kim_Shyuen

DAYDREAMER乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Panda

How did you made that light effect?? :unsure:

@SomaelCK

wow!! amazing!!

I change it into two maps

n2l1zhr.jpg

d206rhw.jpg

and this

jw54kcd.jpg

j1exks2.jpg

@ksjp17  @Darknessfall

is this better? :dizzy:

Panda

Level 15 Fluffy Bear
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The morning's work:

3JzNBYl.gif
I decided to take a break from my foresty-woodlands town and make a miniboss room for later on. Pretty happy with the result, for my first time working with a more desert-like environment.

@Kin_Shyuen18: Just take a picture like this, and display it as a picture over the map with the blending set to Add. You may have to use image-editing software like GIMP or Photoshop to make it the same size as the map you're trying to display it over.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Panda

I think you will find a couple of posts by Sharm a few pages back helpful.  Tuomo L had posted a screenie of a room with torches, and Sharm helped to show how they could be improved by looking at the luminosity.  You can find the principle posts here and subsequently.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kim Shyuen: It still has the same connectivity problems. I think it would help if you explained, either in words or a 3D sketch, how you intend these rooms to fit together. Usually, it's best for each floor of the building to have its own map, and staircases should correspond -- a staircase from the north edge of the lower floor should arrive at the north edge of the upper floor, so that the upper floor is directly over and supported by the lower floor, which is the usual structure for multi-floor buildings. You can give your building a different structure if you want to, but then it would help to plan out (and show us) the structure first, so that we know what you intend and it's easier for us to point out how you should correct it.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Trying something new...

*Sigh* Deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat
TextBox like JRPG (Retro):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenobiben