Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam T. Eagle

Cooking Disaster
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like the first one more, it blends in more and it matches the floor color.

This map I made is (full of) crap and garbage. Instead of using events to tint maps a certain color, I just use an image editor to color the tilesets so that the characters and torches and such remain brightly colored.

sewer.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the coloring of the 2nd one more, but he stands out a bit. Maybe try lowering his saturation?

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Phlegethonyarre:

Thank you for the input and the pointer. I will try that and see if I can enhance the lighting effect.

@BCj

The first rug is the less saturated version of the second rug ;)

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My first MV map, I'm not entirely satisfied with it but oh well...I gotta say that mapping in MV is pretty fun and that extra layer helps a lot. Beware, the image is big:

2na6xap.png

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Wow, Dalph, excellent use of parallax background, elevations and lighting! Nice effect.

**tweet it so I can retweet! =]

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, Dalph, excellent use of parallax background, elevations and lighting! Nice effect.

**tweet it so I can retweet! =]
Thanks a lot GrandmaDeb! Sadly I don't have Twitter (if I would start being active there I will end procrastinating the whole day, ahahah). XD

Edit: Fixed a little mistake on the two statues on the top of the church\cathedral thing.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My first MV map, I'm not entirely satisfied with it but oh well...I gotta say that mapping in MV is pretty fun and that extra layer helps a lot. Beware, the image is big:

sbjvc3.png
I like the way it looks in general. Especially the night sky background.

There's one thing that got my attention...  maybe its just me but I just thought that I might ask..

t4z78x.jpg

Is that room within the red circle supposed to be higher than the balcony that the blue-robed actor is on? o_O

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like the way it looks in general. Especially the night sky background.

There's one thing that got my attention...  maybe its just me but I just thought that I might ask..

Is that room within the red circle supposed to be higher than the level the actor is on? o_O
Yep, it is an higher level. Maybe I should've made it more clear using different tiles for the ground level.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dalph

Its the roof that connects to the roof of that room that got me thinking lol.

Other than that, it is fine as it is 

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Amy:

My first impression is that the gate fits fine. The chair got me thinking for a bit though when comparing the front and the back view, but I guess they are fine as well.

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dalph:

Your map has nice boobs

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Phlegethonyarre:

I did just what you suggested. I also added a few more candles for light source. This is pretty close to what I am after.

The candle fire seems a little odd though.

finalpub_zpsg2wnn1q5.jpg
anyone else have any thoughts on this? 

thanks

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Might look a little too yellow. I'd go closer to orange. Maybe give the entire map a slight orange tint as well.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cacophony

Thanks.

After experimenting with different orange and different strength, I think this is probably the most suitable out of the ones I tried.

A little stronger would make the map too orange and a little less would make it less visible to the eye.

I also added another layer of orange over some of the candles, and then apply a little bit of gaussian blur.

pub1.jpg_zpsqjvykbgy.png

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Sinweaver I feel like it keeps getting worse and worse, the light. Have you tried a script?

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LOL, I guess my worst fear did come true.

I used the event to apply the lighting layer on the map. The only script I used is random algebra's script to hold image in place.

When you said that it kept getting worse, which post exactly did things start to go wrong for you?

I did the lighting effect on multiple layer so I can always revert to the previous version.

Edit: Nevermind that.

I decided to get rid of the overlay image and use animation instead.

I edited the default RTP candle animation image as well as the lantern animation

This is what I have now (I string together 4 images to create the GIF to demonstrate how the map look in-game:

Tavern_zpsnndmnxz6.gif

All the lighting and candles are animated, but somehow I did not manage to capture the 2 candles on the table in the first floor at the right timing, so they appeared static...

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So I wasn't sure of MV for whatever reason on first impression, but now that I've sat down and toyed with it for a wile I'm really beginning to appreciate it and what it's potentially capable of.

mqSDNdD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I made a drawing of Moss
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Militibus Elementis Redux starts now! Watch live!

I'm so freaking pissed right now i want to scream and rant and rave
It's a new month, and it's a new start! Let's go guys! There is one song I am listening today that is making me really happy and thinking that I can do anything... I don't know why but J-Pop have this kind of vibe and I love hahahaha
If you want something to bring you up here is a little tip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KARESARAS