Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythologix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@jonthefox , thank you. im still very new to mapping, i will make them abit shorter, thanks for the advice. I also think i need to add some shading in a few places, then once i finish the insdes ill add signs and doors to the rest.

the fireplace does turn on/off atm and the chair is used as a save spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Art of Gaming

Owner of the Green Tunic in Dreamland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SquallStorm Looks nice. I'd assume that you're adding animals and such later?

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Mythologix - I actually really like the layout of your interior map, but there's a couple things letting you down atm - the most obvious one being the lack of ceiling tiles. It might not annoy other people as much, but I'm not a fan of crazy shaped carpets like that and I feel the map is just ever so slightly too big. Apart from that it's just little details that are missing but I'll think you'll pick them as you get better with more practice. Again, since you're new, I think the best way to illustrate these points is visually so here's how I'd attempt your map.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kim_Shyuen18

mother of god.. that looked fantastic..

TheOriginalFive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No lighting effects yet, I'm attempting to get a feel for an NYC apartment that belongs to a master robot handler, who died before the events of my game.

As for the obvious lack of robotic props, that will be rectified before the map is added to the game.

ApartmentWIP.png

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@TheOriginalFive

The bed is the first thing that caught my attention.. did you accidentally put 2 of the lower half?

The smaller window has a different curtain and it is part of that wall corner, so its a little weird having a window there.

The dresser next to that window seems little odd as well considering how the shelves are backed against the wall 

Same for the shelf at the bottom wall

The section of the wall with 1 light and 3 paintings seemed a little too cluttered compared to the wall above the stereos..

The floor tile joining the 2 room seemed a little different. 

Just 0.02. Overall it looked really cozy

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I like your style...close to my own tho :D

But to be honest the bridges confuse me. You possibly want to think a bit about perspective.

We see the bridges from the top like a bird but the trees from the front. Decide where we stand and u ll get a far better result ;)
Still a good job, just my 2 cent...good luck furter on mate

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kim_Shyuen18: That interior map is so sweet. How did you do the lighting effects? Did you parallax it? I love how you've adjusted the art for every object in each room so the light hits it so realistically. This must have taken you a long time to make...

TheOriginalFive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wanted to make the bed longer.I may have to put in a custom tileset edit to fix that. That's mostly the Germania DLC.

The bedroom's dresser is also supposed to be next to a mirror.

It's still a work in progress so I might make further changes as I add more things to indicate a craftsman of robots once lived there.

The two mismatching wood tiles are intentional, most places I've seen have noticeably different flooring for different types of rooms or storeys.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wanted to make the bed longer.I may have to put in a custom tileset edit to fix that. That's mostly the Germania DLC.

The bedroom's dresser is also supposed to be next to a mirror.

It's still a work in progress so I might make further changes as I add more things to indicate a craftsman of robots once lived there.

The two mismatching wood tiles are intentional, most places I've seen have noticeably different flooring for different types of rooms or storeys.
ah i see :)

Keep up the good work :)

SereneLunatic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like your style...close to my own tho :D

But to be honest the bridges confuse me. You possibly want to think a bit about perspective.

We see the bridges from the top like a bird but the trees from the front. Decide where we stand and u ll get a far better result ;)

Still a good job, just my 2 cent...good luck furter on mate
Makes sense - I will have to play around with the bridges to see if I can get the perspective right.  They were a last minute addition to the map - probably would be better off without it and maybe just some shallow water or something to cross over.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Rocketknight:

It's probably because you've spent too much time on it that it didn't strike you, but the shadow of the pillar is totally unconnected to the light source of the camp fire.

I like what you did on the water, very cool effect. Did you manage to animate it as well?

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kim Shyuen

Amazing! A huge improvement on previous maps. The only thing I'd still say is that the carpets in the lower rooms shouldn't protrude into the room exits; then you have purely rectangular carpets, which looks much more natural.

@Original Five

That's a huge empty space in the middle of both rooms. Do you need that much space?

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RocketKnight:

If the light source is from the camp fire, then the shadow for the pillar should be on the other side..

Kim_Shyuen

DAYDREAMER乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sinweaver

tee-hee,thanks!

@Aoi Ninami

I think so.. :D

@Golfhacker

I used the overlay mapping to made it by Paint Tool SAI,

I spent 2 hours to made this map,lol  :popcorn:

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cabfe I'm learning yet, i don't know how to use in a proper way, the only thing on my mind is upgrade my java script skills to use MV.

Thanks guys a i'll fix the shadow.

At day:

At Night:

KanaX

Just being a mouse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad to be back after my hiatus. So you know how stupid gimmicks are much more fun to do than actual developing?
Here's a little collectible easter egg.

Each character you meet in the game, changes the number of a variable. That variable is stored in a global save file and when the title screen opens up again, the character has a random chance to appear in the reflection of the broken mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).
Start of semester today. This is going to be a long one.
Can't wait for the next Sonichu
Birdhouses are usually made of wood. Birds typically live in trees. Trees are wood. Birdhouses are made of birdhouses.
He just discovered cellphones...

(I don't know why am I drawing so much these days...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeniera