Game & Map Screenshots 7

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. JAD94

JAD94 The lunar knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Working on adding more skills to the various party members and also adding more enemy attack patterns to help combat these new skills. 

Dillan with gun.png

Banquo likes this.
  2. Mettool

Mettool Weenie Hut Jr. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just seeing how pixelated graphics translate with MV's new dimensions. I was worried that MV's sizing would mess it up some how. But so far so good.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    SOC and Banquo like this.
  3. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @RocketKnight Much better, that area looks really nice. I don't think the sprite's palette fits with the rest of the scene...but honestly I don't have the knowledge to say that with certainty.

@kanaX Might be a stupid gimmick, but it is a cool stupid gimmick.

4. Kim_Shyuen

Kim_Shyuen DAYDREAMER乁( ◔ ౪◔)「 Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @RocketKnight
    I like your light effects :guffaw:

@KanaX
    wow,your menu are really cool!
    how did you did it?

another work againXD

[​IMG]

ShinGamix, Lycanimuss, Sharm and 11 others like this.
  5. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Kim_Shyuen18

So beautiful. This reminds me of the maps I use to do. Such detail. Such glory.

6. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Shyuen: Very cozy :)

7. KanaX

KanaX Just being a mouse Veteran

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Kim_Shyuen18 It's an evented title menu. I have a script that skips the original title menu and goes straight to the first map where I can make it as I want.

8. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

The first dungeon area~

RocketKnight, Ruby, flirion and 2 others like this.
  9. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ksi: The way you've made your light overlay looks like the light is coming from a small window or hole in the ceiling. I think it should be rounder around the light source, instead of conic as of now.

Also, just to be nitpicky, wouldn't the guys want to bring a light source to look at that fresco?

Susan likes this.
  10. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Good point on bringing a light to check out the mural, though a movable lantern would be considered a high-end luxury in this game and I'm not sure some random explorers would have one.

(The place was pre-built and all the people who currently live there just randomly appeared over time, in ones and twos, so anything they find and use has been scrounged up and crafted from what they could find in the Depths (the dungeon areas, which are swarming with monsters, so only the strongest go far down there). The game is generally dark, and the lights were already in the areas - they're a special kind of flame that never goes out but also cannot be moved or used by the people there. Any torches/flames/etc they create are the normal orange/yellow/red and act more like real lighting would. Blue torches... have their reasons and I'm not trying to be too realistic with lighting in any case - that way lies never finishing a game. Functional over fancy works for me.)

Thanks for the idea of a lantern of some kind though. I might add that as a quest~

11. Aoi Ninami

Aoi Ninami Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kim Shyuen

Another gorgeous map! Just a couple of points. The carpet at the very top is disappearing under the stairs; how is that possible? Unless the stairs are a retractable ladder, but those stairs don't really look like one. The library could do with a comfy armchair for sitting and reading.

12. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Testing my fog script :3

Kim_Shyuen, SOC, djDarkX and 9 others like this.
  13. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Archeia: Looks convincing!

14. Panda

Panda Level 15 Fluffy Bear Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Archeia

I'm a sucker for atmosphere, and this right here...

Hot dayum. Was anything quite like this ever created for VX Ace?

15. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    @Archeia

Nice rain effect <3 but one thing I noticed is that the fog is sticking with the screen instead of the map. its a little weird. 

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  16. Zyphli

Zyphli Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia: Very cool looking.

@KimShyuen18:  Beautiful map.  It's seeing stuff like this that makes me insecure about posting my own maps.

I'll do it anyway though.  I've spent the weekend re-working the MV RTP tilesets and am finally getting it to a point where I can use my mapping style without having to resort to parallax mapping.

Completed Interior Map

I feel so much better when my character doesn't always feel like he's standing 3 feet away from whatever he is interacting with (and I tend to allow the player to interact with everything).

[​IMG]

In-Game, rooms are separated enough that you can't see into other rooms until you pass through the door (no fade transfer, making it an instant step into the next room).

Test Map setting up the same concept for Exteriors

I still have lot of parts to make or adjust to fit this.  First goal was to make sure the house and fencing parts worked in a way I liked before building new decoration sets.  Except for the fact that the two guys talking across the fence are staring at a fence post, I'm pretty happy with the overall effect.

[​IMG]

RocketKnight, McP and Chaos Avian like this.
  17. Idiocracy

Idiocracy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Recently made a small bar with a slums-type theme.

Should I add more items to the map?

How should I go about the lighting? Should it be cone shaped(like in the picture) or just a ball of light?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

[​IMG]

18. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @idiocracy

That's not a bad start at all, nice atmosphere.

I would add some blur to the light, being careful that it doesn't spill on to the front of the cabinet.

Use shift-click mapping to make it look like the bar counter extends down, this will help give the illusion of depth.

Have you considered having ceiling tiles which extend across the top of internal doors?  It does help to make the map look more plausible.  And that door could then come down a tile to line up with the bottom of the wall which would also look better.

How does your bartender get in and out of behind the counter?  Unless there is a reason to do otherwise, think about putting a doorway on the side wall - just have the wall going up and one tile of floor, that will be enough.  You don't actually need a door, just the impression that there is a way to go somewhere else - which would also solve the mystery of where the food came from.

19. Faytless

Faytless recently unemployed Kung Fu Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I need to make a project thread -_-;  Heres my CBS in MV

Art / UI is being redone ( needed something quick and dirty to interact with while I get the framework done)

Attacks work, Combos are being implemented now but can't be crazy chained like in Legaia

Magic is going to operate in the same fasion... ( to cast fire it will be Left, Right, Left, Right , Up , Down)  etc...

I honestly haven't figure out a function for defending,  I might replace that with a different function.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    BCj, Shake0615, Chaos Avian and 2 others like this.
  20. Luiishu535

Luiishu535 Coffee Machine Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Faytless:

Nice concept! It definitely looks promising for starters. You might want to change the graphic of the commands however, since they look really test-ish. Different colors for each input would be pretty nice to see as well. 

Here's a small map from me, which might be one of the last ones I'll share here from my current game.

[​IMG]

It's an entrance to a semi-optional dungeon pretty late-game. My plan is to have a mandatory event near the beginning of the dungeon, thus giving the player the choice to fully explore the area or not. I noticed some small tidbits after posting the map, but those have been taken care of. I'll probably remove those floating grey rocks/or make them less symmetrical.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.