KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ Iuiishu535

I'm really digging this map, it definitely looks like a place I'd want to visit. Very whimsical. 

My first parallax map in MV ^ ^

http://imgur.com/Wn3Smhr

Last edited by a moderator:

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, the first city made in MV... a little rough, i think... but i'm sleepy -_-

I'll finish the castle tomorrow... good night  B) :thumbsup-left:

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Whew... it's been awhile and still getting used to MV, either way here are a couple maps of mine. An army base of sorts and a sector of my world map.

The world map is not a globe or a torus, it's essentially a giant tree hence the floaty and suspended in air look. It's one of many branches. At east that's what I'm trying to show.

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I posted here a while back so I thought I would show off my latest map :) It's a swamp map for my game/project. Last time I was here you commented and said the maps looked kind of plain or bare so hopefully this time I have improved. And I'd just like to thank you for giving me great constructive feedback :)

Here's my map:

and then here's another part of the same map.

I hope this map is a lot better detailed and created than my last one I shared :) *fingers crossed you will like it!*

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The world map is not a globe or a torus, it's essentially a giant tree hence the floaty and suspended in air look. It's one of many branches. At east that's what I'm trying to show.
I love that map! It's really unique. I couldn't immediately tell that it was on a branch, but once you said something I noticed. So it's probably really cool in game!

Here's my screenshot and I'm hoping to get some ideas from the community. The idea was to make a town in the swamps / marshlands. It's run down because the rulers are neglectful and bandits raid the area more often than not. Therefore, I tried showing a stark difference between the castle's "greenery" and the town's "slums" and in doing so, opted for the sand tool. The entire map is made with the default RTP and I kind of want to keep it that way as its just a short game in MV. However, I'm afraid that because of the sand, it's doesn't look like it belongs in the marshes at all.

The town in the editor:

Map003.png
So to try to fix this, I added a greenish tint to the gameplay:

greenishtint.PNG
What do you guys think? Did I pull off the "marshes" look at least remotely, that my viewers won't be totally thrown off? Any tips to fix it up?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This is Glamour. She helps you a lot by giving you comfort, information and much, much more during your journey.

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

This is Glamour. She helps you a lot by giving you comfort, information and much, much more during your journey.
Ohhhhh, very nice. I love this and can see why it is well suited as a sort of helper with information as you play the game :)

Awesome!

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is a video of my parallax map. I linked a video rather than an image so you can see how the light dynamically lights the player character as he goes through the dungeon.

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@kawaiikid

thats preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttty ;3

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Faytless

Please do not quote whole images/videos in your replies.  This makes the page slow in loading.  Instead please use the convention

@username

[your reply here]

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Chaos Avian:

That's a pretty interesting take on the concept of a world-map, but I think you should consider investing in some custom tiles so that the effect isn't lost on people. Those tiles look like they're rocks rather than branches, which makes it look more like a floating land-mass than a branch.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So here's the new message background of my game as well as the new font size for the dialogue. What do you all think?

Panda

Level 15 Fluffy Bear
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Spending a few days with MV and RTP mapping made me determined to try out adding more elevation to maps. I've also been experimenting with some more subtle shadow effects, which seem to work nicely in outdoor environments.

This is an area on the outskirts of my first town (hence the outermost walls of the town peeking into the map), near the first dungeon. I've always liked the idea of showing players treasure that's out of their reach, as it entices them to explore more, and so that's what I've done. Now, onto the hard part...

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Galenmereth

That looked great. Is it going to be available to the public at some point in time? The concept of limited inventory slot is something really useful for a light-hearted RPG I am planning at some point after I am done with my current project. Your's just hit the spot right on. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't really bothered with character portraits before, but recent things kinda made me do it, so I wonder if this look weird (i.e. the proportion, consistency(?), etc etc.) for anyone?

This faceset is the only portrait I have for the character. No bust shot or anything.

I am unable to replicate the artist style for the hair due to my own inability, so I tried a little mix and match and this is what I came up with (I never claim ownership over any parts in particular) 

Reactions: SOC

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is for game & map screenshots.  Please post WIPs in the WIP thread.  Thank you.

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Galenmereth

That looked great. Is it going to be available to the public at some point in time? The concept of limited inventory slot is something really useful for a light-hearted RPG I am planning at some point after I am done with my current project. Your's just hit the spot right on. 
Yeah, I've had a lot of people ask this, so it's highly likely it will. But it won't be until after The Vendor is released :)

Made some progress on it today, reimplementing the "auto reshuffle" feature if you drag items on top of groups of other items:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yellowsonicboom64