Not open for further replies.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm in love with that menu so far, Galen.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Panda -  How were you able to parallax in MV? Like how did you export the map?

Panda

Level 15 Fluffy Bear
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DarknessFalls - This isn't MV. I meant that I'd been spending a few days practising with MV's editor mapping before returning to VX Ace to continue parallax mapping.

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

2K3 RTP is love. 2K3 RTP is life.

Well, it's almost all RTP. There are some edits to the RTP chipset (such as making the rocks brown to match the cliff-faces, and providing different coloured flowers and bushes), and the character sprites are my own (I think this RTP works better with FFV-style characters). This is from a project I intend to set in the same game-world as Engalia: The Wager, hence the same graphical style :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@sated, I hope its the gif thats that laggy and not the actual game :D

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The GIF :(

It used to have problems with the colours screwing up, but now it's lag. I probably just need to screw around with the FPS the GIF is captured at.

Mettool

Weenie Hut Jr.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If we're on the subject of GIFs, I've been making simple spell animations for my MV project. And some custom pop-up numbers to boot.

(I haven't messed with the UI much yet)

EDIT: I thought I was posting in the WIP thread. Apologies if this is a bit out of place :(

(But maybe it works better here)

TheHarmp

Non-Profit Mephobiac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I do love the oldschool graphics, and Amy, Mettool and Sated, I love your creativity with those stylechoices!
I myself chose to stick with MV RTP and edits thereof for now, but my GIMPSkills aren't high enough to edit those qualitatively.

(My first MV Parallax)

No events or anything yet, Just a bottom and top layer. Don't have animated water yet (or fancy water whatsoever) but I'm working on it.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheHarmp

Your image is not loading up for me.  When I click on the tiny icon inside the spoiler, I just get the white rectangle and the endless circle.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@The Harmp: Nooo, that is the wrong water to have with a waterfall. You need much deeper water or a waterfall doesn't make any sense. Right now you are using rocky water which is good for little creeks and streams, but this seems to me to be much larger than those. With rocky water those waterfalls would come down thinner at the width and to more of a trickle. 

Other than that, I'm loving that forest cottage, very cozy. It's all very atmospheric.

@Kaus: Ahhh!!! SO much eye candy!! There is so much to look at, very beautiful.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A collector extracting KORULDIA from "infected" trees.

(Koruldia is not only the title of the game but also its main resource)

Foreground/background moving with a multiple parallax scrolling, character slightly decrease in size when going in depth...

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to learn a bit of JavaScript since MV came out, and managed to customize Window_BattleStatus to my liking. My next goal is to try and figure out how to add custom text to the help window when the actor commands are highlighted.

TheHarmp

Non-Profit Mephobiac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@The Harmp: Nooo, that is the wrong water to have with a waterfall. You need much deeper water or a waterfall doesn't make any sense. Right now you are using rocky water which is good for little creeks and streams, but this seems to me to be much larger than those. With rocky water those waterfalls would come down thinner at the width and to more of a trickle. 

Other than that, I'm loving that forest cottage, very cozy. It's all very atmospheric.
Thanks for the feedback Ruby! You're completely right about the water! But I hadn't gotten to that yet,

the water you see is basically just a placeholder for now, I'm new to most of this parallaxing and haven't figured out how to keep the water animated.

@TheHarmp

Your image is not loading up for me.  When I click on the tiny icon inside the spoiler, I just get the white rectangle and the endless circle.
It's showing perfectly for me, I don't know what's causing it not to show up for you. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Succesfully finished a quest of saving my kitty who fell from a wall!

+25XP

MrKiwi leveled up!
MrKiwi learned how to save his kitty!
Final sprint for me, although a long one. If everything goes well, I'll graduate by the end of the year. Then I'll have to take the Bar classes and exams (4 months), then I'm off to practicing law (as an intern for 6 months, paid of course, then I'll be a full fledged attorney).
I think there is something wrong with my cat. He is acting CATatonic.
Want to find a quick answer? Say the wrong one and SOMEONE will fall all over themselves to correct you.
Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Churlesc