Status
Not open for further replies.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Here's a blacksmith shop I made. There's a crafting area on the right for the player to play around with. I made this several days ago, but I just don't feel like its finished. I'm not going to make the shadows till I feel like the shop is complete. Any suggestions?

[add picture here]
Its cool that there are so many different weapons and colors, that must have been a lot of work o0.

I think that the shop is a bit to big. Also you could try to put some of the weapons or smaller items like the quivers in to shelfs on the wall . 

The rings for example could be in a glass showcase since they could be easily pocked. 

Instead of the stone fence, i thing the metal one would look better here, since the current one takes to much view from the items behind it.

The blacksmith .. oven ? ( dont know how to say it in English) is REALLY cool and well made!

If you don't want to put some of the weapons on shelf or something similar, you should make the one big table in to several smaller once. 

I dont think that a table this big is realistic. 

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kaus I like the diagonal stairs.

I've been experimenting with Arc's awesome roof tileset:

Game-2015-11-27-21-26-34-91.png
I also finished tightening up my battle screen. Still to-do: icons, and getting custom portraits created.

Game-2015-11-27-21-40-51-05.png

arcthemonkey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dank Memes
Yay Kenan! Someone is using them! (On a sidenote, late tonight I'll have another update).

You are using them very well, but when the slope of the gables meets the hanging eves, you should use the middle gable tile instead of the edge to get rid of that dark line!

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the tip and for sharing your resources!

SaiScott

Ikishin Founder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is the first map I've done in over a year, so please don't bite too hard. Feedback is definitely appreciated though! This is a village near a huge forest.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/k02o9mU.png[/IMG]

arcthemonkey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dank Memes
This is the first map I've done in over a year, so please don't bite too hard. Feedback is definitely appreciated though! This is a village near a huge forest.
I think this actually looks fantastic. You've actually single-handedly quelled my seething hatred for the RTP style roof tyles. I can die in peace.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SaiScott

Nice looking map.  The only comment I have is about the house bottom left.  It appears to have the back wall jammed right up against the cliff (that's where the shadow indicating the implied depth of the house ends) and I think it looks awkward.  Few people would choose to have a cliff for their back wall as it is cold, damp and prevents light coming in.

SaiScott

Ikishin Founder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I think this actually looks fantastic. You've actually single-handedly quelled my seething hatred for the RTP style roof tyles. I can die in peace.
Glad to hear you like it. I personally always preferred the RTP roof styles, but plan to look into getting the other style for some variation in future villages.

@SaiScott

Nice looking map.  The only comment I have is about the house bottom left.  It appears to have the back wall jammed right up against the cliff (that's where the shadow indicating the implied depth of the house ends) and I think it looks awkward.  Few people would choose to have a cliff for their back wall as it is cold, damp and prevents light coming in.
I see what you mean. how does this look?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Vax2ER4.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim_Shyuen

DAYDREAMER乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Strashshiner wow, your map looks cool!

Brillenpinguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This is a recent screenshot of a test-mapping to see if my new tileset works. It still need a clean-up and a color adjustment tho...

[IMG]https://41.media.tumblr.com/35ad8799a2d97ffdc2b419af43149757/tumblr_nyhpyiaXps1uhoduco1_1280.png[/IMG]

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Testing some interior tileset.
Like it a lot.

Two things: You have some sleeping bags leaning against the wall - I am not sure it is "working" for me.

And what do you think of this idea for your great diagonal staircases: have one more tile for a landing, but in shadow for the the top of the stairs. I think it would make the area more intriguing. (and would go along with your downward stairs, which fade away)

Hi guys ^^

This is an alchemy store from my game. The player can buy and brew potions here.

Its in the first town, so its not as big.

Here's a blacksmith shop I made. There's a crafting area on the right for the player to play around with. I made this several days ago, but I just don't feel like its finished.
These shops are huge, if all you do is shop there. Do you plan to have other significant activities going on there?

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
These shops are huge, if all you do is shop there. Do you plan to have other significant activities going on there?

Jup, mine is also a alchemy workshop where you make potions yourself, with teachers that teach you, a person were you can take special alchemy related quests and such. 

DBDragoner

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
@GrandmaDeb

I was planning to have a workshop area where the player could craft. I agree that the room is too big. I couldn't make myself like it so I finally bit the bullet and scrap the whole room. I like my new one much better. I'm using some community made graphics and a few I made this time. I'm not finished, but I'll post pictures when I'm done.

@ Iliketea

The forge that I'm using is from Celianna's Rural Farm Titles set from the store.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
[img was here]

My middle school art skills are kicking in slowly...

This looks pretty cool. I like the art direction.

Testing some interior tileset.

[img one was here]

[img two was here]
I feel like the blonde due doesn't mesh well with the color's because he sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe give him some darker tinge over all?

Other then that good job

Strashiner

Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks big time....

will post more ....

the issue is. If I were to ask you

would you really pay 10 dollars for a game if the art looks like that? (referring to the one I drew)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dracodfs