English
To be honest I wouldn't pay 99 cents for an rpg maker game

SaiScott

Ikishin Founder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Shouldn't a game be more judged on story, mechanics, characters, quality, and such, rather than how the game was made?

On topic (which is where we should be anyway) - 

I know people like how my village on the previous page looked, but can I get any suggestions as to how I can further improve the map? Please and thank you.

DBDragoner

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Finally completed my new blacksmith shop, complete with shadows. Let me know what you think.

Blacksmith2.png

Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Killing two birds with one stone here by not only trying out a different 'style' of house (visible roof shape, no back wall, etc.), but also practising with Celianna and Lunarea's steampunk tiles for my technology-based country:

WYgFtco.png

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DBDragoner: I like the layout and structure of your map, however I have to say that carpets don't work the way you've mapped them. That "T" shape just doesn't work and I would just split it into 2 carpets instead.

SaiScott

Ikishin Founder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Got the upper floor of a house made. Not feeling as comfortable with this map honestly...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qMkeI9v.png[/IMG]

Kim_Shyuen

DAYDREAMER乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SaiScott maybe you can add some carpet in it  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DBDragoner

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
SaiScottThe house is adorable. Maybe a bit of carpet for a splash of color. I think the top wall title might be a bit heavy for this map.

symmetry-evans

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@DBDragoner: I agree with Chaos Avian, the carpets look unrealistic, you should either split the T into 2 carpets, or join both carpets to make a much larger rectangle.

As for the blacksmith's workshop, you need an anvil, some coal in the forge (and maybe even a fire, that would look cool), and you definitely, DEFINITELY need a chimney or an open window! Have you ever smelled coal burning? It STINKS!

@Panda: That is amazingly adorable

@Kim_Shyuen: Is that a room in a house or an entire house? The shape of it is strange for a house, it makes sense if it's just a room though. The atmosphere and colors look good, but I think there should be more room between the shelves/cupboards.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SaiScott

You have a perspective problem.  The wall where the  short steps up to the sleeping areas is 2 tiles high.  The back wall is also 2 tiles high.  You have to do this the same way as cliffs, so the narrow walls by the steps need to be 3 tiles high.

You have very 'rustic' walls and roof - yet those windows are rather delicate.  I would expect something more robust in a house built like this.

tbh I don't like the tile you have chosen as the 'ceiling' tile.  It looks more like an external roof tile than an internal one.  It also does something strange to the perspective of the floor at the bottom.

As you are using railings, have you considered using them to mark the edges of your main stairs, so that the large area of ceiling tiles could become floor tiles instead.  I think that might make it less heavy in that bottom left corner.  This is a bit difficult to explain in words.  But it's where stairs emerge out of the floor, with banisters round them.

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This says more about the people that use it than the engine itself. It's like saying "I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for a Unity game."
That I would pay for ... 

Title: A Girl In A Storehouse D:

[image here]

Sprites too small for all thats around here.

[image here]

Made this to pass time...

What do you think? 

Do you have a sprite as big as that cross and the trees? No? Everything should be sprite proportionate. Good job though.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Strashiner:  I'm not sure what to think.  It's unusual, and there's some obvious effort put into making it.  But there's just way too much red, and I feel like it's only there to make the photo edit of the trees less obvious.  I kind of like the trees, but they clash quite a bit with the decorative elements, like the sign and tree stump.  I'd be curious to see what sort of sprite would work with a map like that.  A photo would be too real and jarring, but anything less would likely be too cartoony.  I donno.  It's a strange map.

Oshare

Fashionable Skeleton
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Some maps I've been working on at a slow pace... Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Ql5veTI.png
yIPwSnl.png
9dabrw2.png
wkdofBB.png

Strashiner

Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
34zyiqe.png

Lol, hope this helps a little...

The cross is taller because its a head sign. Before this dialogue it gave the player the location...

I used a photo edit of a tree mainly because this was meant to be a surreal moment during the demo. lol...

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, it clashes.  Edited photos are something you have to plan your whole art direction around, it's not something that can be used casually in one spot.  I think there are other, better ways to get a surreal look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm sitting here, programming, when suddenly, in the distance, I hear a deep booming shout, "Dovahkiin". In an instant, my mind and body is pulling me away, my fingers twitch and notepad++, almost by itself, turns off. The Steam starts to rise and a big green play button appers and I am teleported to Skyrim, because, I am, the Dragonborn! 200 hours played last three weeks, omg o_O
Shora Lighting Plugin version 1.5 are out! Wanna add more features to it, but just fixing the bugs is already a pain :kaocry: .

スクリーンショット 2022-01-19 002122.png
I wonder how one goes about picking a good font for a game. I find the default kinda lacking, but you gotta pick a font that's legible ya know.
Did you check out the new Restaff yet? ;3
I am proud of how much my friends are pure talent. This one is making my game possibilities bigger and bigger and I wanna share his word:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yokrito