First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
25ryrza.png

My attempt at water....

aka - making a water in an environment look natural

thus far this looks awfully strange. 

water belongs to a user here...and google (i used a different color texture 9 times...)

trees belong the ben ben

plants belong to ayene chan

I've just compiled it all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
@Strashiner

Wow that is so beautiful. is it animated?

I have something to share... It's a lil bit large in number so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Preview:

My Custom Animated Action Command for the Battle Screen. (I'll try to make a video to show you how exactly it is animated. 

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O7VLGOQ.jpg[/IMG]

Allies Battle Status Information. Allied member with 0HP will be grayed out.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WDbKKtl.jpg[/IMG]

and here's the whole screens:

Screenies:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oS4MajG.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Lsk0p0q.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Cb7UrXa.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vaUpNl3.jpg[/IMG]

I still need to polish things up.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kaus

The custom HUD looks fantastic! I think you can make the left-hand side orb's rim even more 3-D, but I really like the entire right-hand side.

Quick question, what are you using to make the custom battle HUD (not the graphics, but the plugin)?

Thanks! =)

Strashiner

Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kaus

Oh god, that GUI is PERFECT!

do you do GUI's?

KillaMaaki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Lovely HUD design. Looks really nice, all of the information is totally clear and readable and just makes sense. I like that it presents a lot of really helpful and meaningful information without looking too busy or distracting at all.

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses

@Kaus

The custom HUD looks fantastic! I think you can make the left-hand side orb's rim even more 3-D, but I really like the entire right-hand side.

Quick question, what are you using to make the custom battle HUD (not the graphics, but the plugin)?

Thanks! =)
Thanks, Uhmm the Animated Action Command is a custom plugin made by myself... (will show a video of it later)

I borrowed some codes from Moghunter's BattleHUD for the HP Bar and some of the stuff but the whole Information Window is all recoded and customly made to fit my project :3

@Kaus

Oh god, that GUI is PERFECT!

do you do GUI's?
Well if you mean by experience, just from my past RPG Projects. I learned photoshopping thru out the years of my teenage life. but professionally, I have about 2-3 commission requests to make an HUD for their game. so I think that counts lol but as Work Experience No, just my hobby in the field of RPG Making.

Lovely HUD design. Looks really nice, all of the information is totally clear and readable and just makes sense. I like that it presents a lot of really helpful and meaningful information without looking too busy or distracting at all.
Hey thanks for the constructive critics, Glad that all information displayed is not too much in the eye... I was actually a bit worried that i might put too much eye candy in the battle scene and forgot the clarity.

@Kaus it looks awesome. The "choose your own destiny" part is a little over-the-top / dramatic for me though.
is it? there's no own in the words tho hahaha.Well I find it cool, rather than placing it with nothing or "choose a decision" thing. atleast it is eye catching and actually means if you fight something happens if you dont something won't happen. does it?

Hey guys thanks for all the replies, I appreciated it all... Im gonna take a nap and upload a video later for more idea about how it animates :)

KillaMaaki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have about 2-3 commission requests to make an HUD for their game. so I think that counts lol but as Work Experience No, just my hobby in the field of RPG Making.
The only difference between a hobby and a job is whether you're paid for it ;)

Ultimak0

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@jestdev looks really good, a small note and maybe it's just me the windows and pictures on the back wall look like they don't fit well with the wooden beams the beams pertrude from the wall a bit but the pictures are flat and look as though they should be on the flat part of the wall rather than halfway onto the beam if you can understand what I mean lol

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Strashiner:

I like the texture of the water, but I think it looks a little bit too bright. You should make the blue tones a little bit darker IMO.

@jestdev:

First of all, I agree with what was said above. The wooden beams that form the walls would be sticking out from the rest of the wall, which makes the windows and paintings look unnaturally placed.

Second of all, although I like how the black-space gets thinner over the doorways, it doesn't make sense for the side-to-side doors. This is because you should be able to see the wooden walls to the sides of where the black-space narrows. I hope that makes sense.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
A simple forest transition map.   Going to add tints/light/small creatures, but how's the use of trees/path/detail?  

I feel like this map is pretty boring, but I'm trying to practice the simple small stuff to improve.  I dunno.

Map164.png

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Strashiner Make it animated and it'll look gorgeous

@Kaus, I've seen it and like it on FB. It's great!

---------------------

Here is the new puzzle and story scene I've been working on. How does it look?

Wanda%20New%20Puzzle..png

Korten12

Working on, The Border. :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@SomaelCK :o I really like this screenshot! Is that a custom tileset or a hand drawn map?

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@jonthefox

I don't think there's much wrong with that map aside from the tileset :p I'd maybe add another indentation into the forest wall at the top, just so that it isn't dead-straight for quite so many tiles in a row. Maybe add another canopy section in the middle, just a circular-ish section, so that the map looks like it has more than one path going through it - you can use the canopy/forest wall tiles in the middle of a map as well! 

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@sated - thank you! whatcha mean by tileset...just that you don't think the RTP alone looks very good?   Those other suggestions help, thank you so much!

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Here's the video as promised. 

Description:

Here's a sample preview of the animation for the Battle Action Commands: Attack Technique Guard Items

and the Destiny Options: Fight/Escape Scene 

Battle Action Command Animations:

-Intro transition of the graphics

-Rotating Star Constellation in the Background of the Orb

-Star Trail that follows where the current selection is highlighted

-Command Icons fading in inside the orb

Destiny Command Animations:

-Flashing highlighted command in screen blend.

-Sliding black screen fade in and out depends on the current selection

-Arrow Indication going back and forth

I am still on planning adding new animations here and there. 

animations for target selecting scene / Victory Scene will be added in the future updates. and hopefully more eye candies but not too much. ^_^ still want to keep it very minimal and simple as I dont want to clog the center screen with unneeded graphics.

KillaMaaki

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here's the video as promised. 

Description:

Here's a sample preview of the animation for the Battle Action Commands: Attack Technique Guard Items

and the Destiny Options: Fight/Escape Scene 

Battle Action Command Animations:

-Intro transition of the graphics

-Rotating Star Constellation in the Background of the Orb

-Star Trail that follows where the current selection is highlighted

-Command Icons fading in inside the orb

Destiny Command Animations:

-Flashing highlighted command in screen blend.

-Sliding black screen fade in and out depends on the current selection

-Arrow Indication going back and forth

I am still on planning adding new animations here and there. 

animations for target selecting scene / Victory Scene will be added in the future updates. and hopefully more eye candies but not too much. ^_^ still want to keep it very minimal and simple as I dont want to clog the center screen with unneeded graphics.
Couple of critiques now that I see it in motion.

• Not sure I like that Choose Your Destiny hides the other option. Maybe display both but dim the other option.
  • I think the rotating constellation could be made a bit slower (might just be personal preference, but I prefer slower ambient animations in my game UIs).
  • This one isn't really necessary, but I think maybe the turn indicator next to the party member list (at the lower right corner of the screen) could be modified to only be visible when it's actually the player's turn to choose an action.
Otherwise, it's a very nice fancy UI :)

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
-Hey thanks... hmm i might consider the Destiny part.

-making it more slower actually lets you notice graphics glitching as it rotates... I don't know maybe thats just the way they draw it when rotating slower than usual. 

-yeah that one will be updated soon thanks for the critiques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All I've done today is sleep ; n ; I don't feel like eating my tummy says no I hope you guys are having a good day tho
Change of gears, WoP is still on going, GAN would be for a long future. Personal issues and studies keep going, HOWEVER, i recognised I started WoP badly and i needed to start from scratch from tilesetting!! Happy RPG Making Everyone!!!
Come join us while we play this fabulous game, Kindred Novel, by Birdbunch. We'll be checking out 2 hours today and 2 more tomorrow! Starting at 4pm EST
Going live in 10 for part 2 of Kytt's playthrough of Day of the Tentacle Remastered! Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dinkelborg