Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Experimenting a bit further with battle HUD enhancements. In this case, telegraphs (notice that one frame is highlighted in red):

telegraph.png

Animated version:

Telegraphs are visual cues used to indicate forthcoming damage. You typically see them in MMOs as mechanics that you can dodge. I think they have the potential to work well in old school battle systems as well, as a means of warning players that they should consider preparing for an incoming damage spike.

huubz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Finally got some progress done. Lots of trial and error and I'm still not really completely happy with the castle building.

Castleyard_zpsiko9tgh8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice, but I wouldn't use the Orzhov Senate logo ;)

huubz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Damn, had no idea it was some logo from Magic the gathering. Guess it's back to finding some free to use celtic symbol.

Thanks for letting me know! :)

SaiScott

Ikishin Founder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
As a Magic: The Gathering player, let me just say I love how well that symbol fit into your map! The map itself looks pretty amazing though. Keep up the work, and good luck in finding a new symbol :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@King Gerar - I actually indeed using that window skin..

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
test%20map%20a_zpsmvtlld3m.png

camp_zpsekjhulcf.png

Hi all, 

I am looking for feedback in a specific manner, PLEASE note that these maps are made to test resources, there is no function or purpose to them.  I am curious what people think of the XP or Ancient Dungeon Tiles being utilized with the texture painting.  My initial feeling is that the ancient dungeons objects such as plants, trees, barrels, tents, etc...will be able to be utilized and look well with the environment...feelings?  

-In regard to the XP files i feel the trees do not look bad, however the flowers and rocks do not work.  

_______

tuomo, i think what many people are guilty of when beginning mapping is making the maps WAY to big & to sparse..I would reduce the map to half the size and tighten up the detail.

Demiqas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It looks good on first sight but you're mixing different styles here. All your placed objects including the trees don't fit with the terrain. Try getting more washed out and slightly bigger objects.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
which is why i asked the question, do either set of resources work, if so which one works better...

symmetry-evans

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@huubz That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

@Stridah The 1st one. And I think the trees in the 2nd one could work with the other textures from the 1st one, but they're a little too small.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
thank you evans,

Now my question, i may not have included enough stuff, but what about the tents and fire pit and stuff...

I am most likely going to commission a set of custom trees since that is past my current abilities making tiles.  

Tomorrow i will make a quick camp site, to gather opinions quick actually with both tiles.  

Kim_Shyuen

DAYDREAMER乁( ◔ ౪◔)「
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@stridah
your maps are really nice!!

I think you can add more different flower in these maps  :)

I need some idea from you guys  ,

I really have no idea how to made this map looks better ;_;

↑a weird church

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kim_Shyuen

I think you need to edit your window lighting.  If you look at the way the bars in the windows at the top throw their shadows, each one is as if the light were coming in directly through that window.  However, if the light is falling directly on the window on the left, it cannot also be falling directly on the middle and right hand windows.  They all need to fall in the same direction.

At the moment, the church doesn't say "weird" to me in any way.  It all looks quite normal - a bit dim in the middle, but that's to be expected if there are no internal sources of light.  How would you like it to be in order to qualify for the adjective 'weird'?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty good. Would it have on-map enemies? The only thing I'd think of at this stage is to have shift-mapping to make some of the darker parts go behind the columns to give a better height illusion.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Most likely, yeah.  And ah, you're probably right about shift-mapping some of the darker areas, thanks.

Sated

puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Jonthefox: 

You have a tile error on that map. There is a three-tile high cliff in the top-middle that should be two-tiles high like all the rest.

You should try to vary the height of the cliffs more to give some variation. They shouldn't all be the same height. Add some one-tile high ledges to the front and sides of the sections you already have and it will look a lot more natural.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
kim it is nice, i think you should add more objects like those candles on poles. organ, something to make it feel more used or alive.

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Jonthefox - In addition to what Sated said I think the map overall needs some structure, right now it seems to be just some random cliffs here and there. There's no visual information to direct the player and I'd imagine you'd get lost within that map pretty fast. I think if you used the dry grass autotile with the dead trees and shrubs (maybe some broken items here and there) you'd have a much easier time mapping, although it's not RTP this map by indrah is good at illustrating the points that have been made (especially about the elevation).

I have more project ideas because I am a dummy.

bhqy9y7.png

gSohPDP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zakariadu78