King Gerar

Sword of the Morning
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SomaelCK, very good your job. I liked mainly the wire fence. This orange/brown is to be similar to rust? If yes, I think can be a little more darker, gently redder. But is a detail, already is very beautiful.

Archeia, er... I need to talk something? Haha, beautiful too. I'm just curious to see what have in the room at right. These sprites are look really nice, what a pity that are temporary.

-
Well, a map from the intro of my project. Ignore the letterbox mode, it's for displays history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bura

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@King Gerar That looks really, really good! I love the lighting and I'm a fan of letterboxes on cinematics ♥

@SomaelCK Isn't that like a big spoiler? Anyways, the map looks great, and for some reason I love the rust on the fence, haha. I hope the little robot is ok, thought :(

Here's my newest screenshot with the updated portraits:

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java :P
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Bura Awww, I really love the portrait o///o the tileset style is really novel as well! The way the cliff shadows fall and the grassy cliff edge on the elevated portion is especially nice. 

I'm like only ever on the vxace site but I thought it was about time I come out of the turtle shell, at least a little bit. o.o And maybe start showing off my game? 
(Also for some reason using the enter key is giving me like the greatest trouble ever idk what's going on I swear)
I'll just drop this here then c: It's actually quite an old map by now, but I never get the chance to work on my game TT_TT

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still learning how to create maps, but I'll show off this indoor map for criticism.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still learning how to create maps, but I'll show off this indoor map for criticism.
Carpet doesn't typically work that way, you might want to shift-click the edges to make it look like runners instead. Aside from that I think the map itself is too large for what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe...make it smaller and try to fill in a bit more space?

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Carpet doesn't typically work that way, you might want to shift-click the edges to make it look like runners instead. Aside from that I think the map itself is too large for what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe...make it smaller and try to fill in a bit more space?

Hmm...that's a good point about the edges (even though it looks pretty.) I guess the map is kinda large, I agree.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@aliensalmon it's very odd that there is an elevator that leads straight up to their room.

But what do I know. it does that in iCarly so I guess it's a legit thing.

Autoshadows are most of the time a no-no, you should only use them in maps with light coming from a particular direction. You have no light coming from the left side of the screen and even then a wall wouldn't make a shadow that is only half a tile in size.

That leads me to my next point, to put some lights in there. Imagine what it would look like at night, completely dark. The character would definitely need some lights in their apartment/house thing.

I agree with cutting down the size a bit. The bathroom doesn't need to be that large, for sure. Although the kitchen would probably be a little bit bigger. The main room can definitely be cut down some more. I would put the bathroom on the right with a pathway going horizontal but that's just me and a design choice for this particular map.

King Gerar

Sword of the Morning
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bura , firstly, thanks, everybody with good taste loves letterboxes, haha. Your work with pixels is awesome. Amazing this screen, all the project is much exciting too. Good lucky with it.

@jonthefox , thanks. The tiles were made by me.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I made this interior:

KanaX

Just being a mouse
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AceOfAces_Mod Not that it's a huge problem with this particular map (since it's modest) but maybe it would be better if you exit event mode and set some of the event characters aside, so we can see the map better. Other than that, there doesn't seem to have been anything wrong with the map. However you could use some more decorations or furniture to fill it up. As it is right now, the lower half of the room is just empty (unless you have a reason to leave it as is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordan_Q