Not open for further replies.

Aranel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@Aranel 

I've circled part of your map in red. You could use a bit of shift-clicking there with the water, considering that stone area is raised a bit.

Thanks, I've edited it, and while I still think it lacks compared to my home village, I can live with this now! :)

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been working on my forest map for the last few days. Looking for some feedback please :). Also, I plan on making this forest pretty big, and so far I've got 3 parts to it, all 50x50 in size. I'm wondering if I should maybe merge some of them together or would that be TOO big for one map?

forbidden forest section 1.jpg

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first map I will be using in my game with PV's recently released new tiles. Next one i'll make will be a bit more ambitious with elevation and such:

Map7.png

SaiScott

Ikishin Founder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@bigcalsworld

Right above your cliffs could use some shift-clicking with the water. Some of the tall grass could use some shift-clicking too :)

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bigcalsworld

Right above your cliffs could use some shift-clicking with the water. Some of the tall grass could use some shift-clicking too :)

Thanks, the cliffs and water look so much better now! Not sure sure about the long grass though, looks kinda stupid to me with the shift-clicking lol :p.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I spent an hour or two fiddling with battle windows and menus today. Example pics:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9Oazyri.png[/IMG]

That it turned out to be the same height as the normal windows is a very happy coincidence.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0NO89au.png[/IMG]

Found out how to make it give one message at a time. Which took a lot of time!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fLFP4P2.png[/IMG]

Convenient display of the user's stats and states when using skills or items!

And while I was preparing this post, I had an idea. Could I...?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jDECPUQ.png[/IMG]

Yes I could! In probably the most cumbersome and stupid way possible, and I probably should have it show fewer icons, but there I go. =^_^=

Last edited by a moderator:

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I hope I can post this here, this is some development vid of the first few minutes of Shadow Destiny.

There's loads that still needs to be worked on in this section, but I am nevertheless pleased with the progress :)

Anyhow, thought I would share as I am going to be doing screencaps as they are really handy for getting pointers and picking up on things that have been missed...

Shadow Destiny Youtube 1st dev vid

:)

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bigcalsworld

I have to say, I don't find the layout very convincing. Rivers do not run lengthwise along the tops of cliffs.

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Translating some ineditor maps to parallax

new

DdoNLiH.jpg
gMUNAZE.jpg
i7qTrKl.jpg

old 

uD8xSQ5.png
dhn1KLl.png

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Translating some ineditor maps to parallax

new

old 

That's a little bit crazy, my love. Light would not pour out of those windows like that unless it was night time (and even that's a bit of a stretch). There's also a lot of mismatched tiles on the houses.

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I see what you mean about the light, but how are the houses mismatched?

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I've made two title screens for my next game, but I just can't choose which one to use! Any help/criticism from some visual artists would be appreciated!

Modernrevise_zpsmaetskgs.png

The modern take

Lab3%20logo2_zps5ngstkoq.png

The Spellbook cover take

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the first one best, though I think I would prefer a different font for "new game" and all, like in the second one.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't catch that at first either. I was about to comment on something and then realized I was having the same issue you were. :p

Lock Tribal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Your maps look all so nice! I'm pretty new in the rpg maker Thing, but i'll try to give some Feedback.

@terrorchan Overall, looking good. That light from the Windows are too much, i think, and maybe the lantern wouldn't light on a sunny day. The sunlight Looks great.

Here's my first Little map i created:

Map Lade.png

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Labyrinthine I like both for different reasons, the first one is cleverly simple and has a sort of motion or depth to it due to the symbols gradually getting closer. It also has a sort of retro-ness to it.

The second uses more of the negative space up on the screen and has some nice textures on it. More than that though, the images give me more of a sense of what the game might actually be about, elements and mazes, etc...that I don't really get from the first title screen.

Over all I would say the second one because of how it gives you information about the game in its imagery. Well at least I assume it does, I don't actually know which represents the gameplay/plot/features the best since I haven't seen it lol.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just looking through a months worth of maps and I must say, there were tons of extremely good maps this last month! Especially °•Luke•° maps that are so beautifully parallaxed; it makes me want to trash all my work and try anew! ;___;

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lock Tribal

It's interesting but you should work on a smaller space, as if it was a group of rooms instead of one bigasss room. Just like this : (Map by Joy)

Spoiler

VGSwq.png

Besides, you used VX tiles in a MV map, so you had to increase their size, it doesn't look so good, you should consider using tiles with the same resolution.

Anyway keep going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame