Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final version of Kell's farmhouse map.

I like it. :)

Seriously though I am very pleased with it, I am open to suggestions and opinions as always - should anyone have any that is, but nevertheless I think it's come together really well. I am kind of unhappy, though, with the farmhouse roof as it is only using - (admittedly fiddled with) - RTP tiles. Thing is I don't have any photos of roofs, so i can't make my own... :|

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ooLCu9Z.png[/IMG]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did a bit more fiddling with the enemy status display, figured out how to make it display enemy HP meters and how to show the state icons more efficiently.

But if I were to display enemy HP, I don't think I'd want to show a boss's remaining HP. So I was pondering how best to display a boss "HP meter". Does it look better to have a "meter" (as in, the filled portion does not deplete with damage to show how much HP the boss has left) in grey or black, or just to not have any meter at all?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MzvwYGI.png[/IMG]

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did a bit more fiddling with the enemy status display, figured out how to make it display enemy HP meters and how to show the state icons more efficiently.

But if I were to display enemy HP, I don't think I'd want to show a boss's remaining HP. So I was pondering how best to display a boss "HP meter". Does it look better to have a "meter" (as in, the filled portion does not deplete with damage to show how much HP the boss has left) in grey or black, or just to not have any meter at all?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MzvwYGI.png[/IMG]

Either:

Grayed out

or:

In ANGRY BOSS RED >:(

That's what I think.

alouvictorr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Working with POP! Horror City tilesets and stuff on RMMV... I will buy the character expansion soon...

I really miss more props on this!

Made some edits like the seating characters and using the computer.

RsQlqm5.png

HUNPRhe.png

bAF8Wcn.png

The Art of Gaming

Owner of the Green Tunic in Dreamland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@alouvictorr Looks great. I love how you added the blue screen light. Although I have to ask if there are two keyboards on the computers that the people on the second screen are using because it looks like there's one beside them also.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alouvictorr: I love those tiles, too! They really deserve more attention!

On the first screenshot one handrail is missing, next to the character. Otherwise, the lighting is great and the maps look very interesting. May I point out that Vexed released Office-Tiles as freebies a while ago? Here ya go:

craig: Very nice how grass and cobblestone are outlined. It's not blending into each other at all! And good job on the decorations - the map looks very balanced.

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Craig - I love that map, it looks just lovely  :)

So I've done more work on the prologue, and it's turned out nicely - barring a few annoyances with process but that's probably me being an idiot. Anyway, taking the advice of a couple of commenters on here it now looks a lot less blue, for a start:

General outside - I changed the roof to thatched as it fits better. If I can take any photos of thatched roofs I'll use them in the future, but this will do for now...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R9V7IAO.png[/IMG]

Options - (Galv's Visual Novel script, which makes me happy).

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hzysMtx.png[/IMG]

Opening dialogue between Kell and her father:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/33rFnnS.png[/IMG]

I've added emotes to some of the character faces, partly because I can't draw (!) and partly because it seemed like a nice idea...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vDbcgYp.png[/IMG]

In the game, Kell will sometimes make decisions for herself, overriding the player, this is one of those occasions. If you keep her out in the rain for too long, she'll make her own way inside:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nCC5XVq.png[/IMG]

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm conflicted about the water tile placement here. On the one hand,the darker light water is I'm assuming shallow sea water and what's really nice is I can connect to the sea surrounding the continent which is a nice effect. But on the other hand, look at the bright blue waters that house those little waterfalls that's in that mountain range. Doesn't that look like lake/river water? The problem with that is... that doesn't connect to the sea, even though I'd logically think that'd make sense since rivers have to flow from somewhere, right? I don't think that it should look like that the people are drinking salt water, but at the same time, I don't like that I can't interconnect everything otherwise...

Screenshot 2016-03-06 19.31.32.png

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some things...

I'd use the river water down to the sea and then put in some kind of delta or outflow.

Check out real life rivers, there's mixing when they flow into the sea...

Also, where does the one at the bottom go? 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Phonantiphon I think there might be something wrong with your monitor.  All of your tiles look over processed, like you're trying to compensate for a badly callibrated screen.

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Phonantiphon I think there might be something wrong with your monitor.  All of your tiles look over processed, like you're trying to compensate for a badly callibrated screen.

Hmm, no the monitor's fine.

The green *is* very green, to be sure. It is a lot more vivid on some screens than on others though - (my phone screen is Very bright) - I might revisit it once I have some more maps with it on, then I'll have more of an idea.

To be honest ingame I've only seen it in the dark at the moment!! :D

The Art of Gaming

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My first parallax map in a long time. I'm pretty pleased with it but I feel like I've made some rookie mistake somewhere...

Wilted Rose House Sitting Room Forum Version.png

Thanks to Celianna, Ayene, and Cait for their wonderful resources!

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Uh.. what on earth happened to your walls/celing?? You could've done that without parallax too, you know.

The Art of Gaming

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Um, nothing actually. I was using a style sort of like what the homework salesman's interior maps use. Although from the reaction, I'm guessing I made some mistakes.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The Art of Gaming While I've not played the Homework Salesman, I can get an idea of the style you are going for.

kyaWrFX.png

Okay, a couple of notes. First, for those 1 tile tall walls, there are special pieces usually used for that, at the top of the A5 sheet (circled in red here). I'm not sure what tiles you are using so it's possible they don't have them. They are designed to have a finished edge look, as opposed to simply the "cut off" look your pieces have.

Second, yellow circle. You need something there. Without any sort of wall, it totally throws off the perspective. If it is meant to be a hallway, put a black space as I've done or something.

Next, blue circle. For the "ceiling" piece, again it has a cut off look. You need to use an end piece to give it a finished look. Also, you can see how I've widened the flooring of that hallway. It give it a bit of depth there.

Lastly, the whole thing is pretty empty. I suggest you either fill it with more items or shrink the size of the room. When I run into this problem, I put what furniture I want down first, and then layout the floor and walls to fit it.

The Art of Gaming

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, thanks. I followed your suggestions. How's this?

Wilted Rose House Sitting Room Forum Version.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gotta love when RM just decides it's done with existence and closes when you're in an event.
Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fooples