Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, thanks. I followed your suggestions. How's this?

View attachment 33175

Try taking out the arches and just having a straight line across for the bottom parts. I think the arches mess up what you're going for also the two long walls closest to the bottom look a bit cut off because of how the half-arches look. Try seeing if you can have a complete arch like the other parts of the walls (like this example: http://puu.sh/nARMP/8e3f62cb4b.png ). I would also suggest not having those two parts longer than the other walls in the back but that's a personal preference!

The Art of Gaming

Owner of the Green Tunic in Dreamland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's always the bottom peice that gets me in trouble haha. I'll be sure to fix it later tonight, so thanks for the help.

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
rxdweQW.png

I think I'm finally happy with how I want towns to look.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@esby Omg someone actually used one of my RMXP resources whaaaaaaaat.

@The Art of Gaming You could also do something like this, playing off of @Ronove's pretty example~

Last edited by a moderator:

esby

eejit
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Euphony I wanted a bell tower but could not find any bells  :( so a fancy clock tower it is :D

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@esby Nice map! I think the tower could use a bit of shadow at the bottom and where the wall and the top part connects.

But I'm a bit confused, why couldn't you find any bells? I know that Pixel Myth has bells on the C Tileset. Just a matter of cutting them out and insert them into your tower.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would throw in some blue and lessen the red in the tint to make the darkness seem a bit more realistic. The map is parallax right? Can you place a shadow below the bridge? It would make it much easier to understand the structure of the map :).

Nicke

Fortune seeker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kanax: No, the map is not a parallaxed. Yeah, I shall lessen the tint I guess.. maybe throw in some more more darkness or brighten it up a bit. I guess I need to make some sort of shadow for the bridge, thanks for the feedback.

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some icons I am currently using in "Shadow Destiny" - mouse, and HUD, and other:

Fo3D50r.png

@esby: Sepia rocks! :)

@Nicke: I love the lighting in this.  B)  - I don't think it needs blue, it's firelight, not moonlight.

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Haven't lost my touch I hope.  Still feel like it's a a bit too dark; probably need to up my saturation and decrease my values for the shadow layer.  Going for a sort of "Silent Hill by-way-of-Lovecraft-and-Giger" feel.  Don't think I've quite hit that mark yet.

ELk9Kj1.png

King Gerar

White Wolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Phonantiphon, good work on these icons. I only didn't like the "gradient effect" on the arrows. With flat color would be better, no?

Firgof, I think the darkness is good, but could make the transition from the light more softer. Without this straight delimitation on the floor. By the way, beautiful texture on the ground, cause fear of tetanus, haha.

Here a screen of status scene of my project. I'm still programming other scenes.

CWC3zEr.png

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a beautiful menu, King Gerar - it's very professional looking.  And I'll try that.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Firgof

I like how you made the basic MV resources look creepy. That's an impressive feat! :p

Toying around a little more with PV Games resources:

taxXeVl.jpg

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just you wait; I'm still warming up.  By the time I'm done I should be spinning maps like this one from the old DiM, which was also primarily modified RTP.

guest_bedroom_by_firgof-d7mq2mo.png

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Firgof the first map you posted looks much better than the in-game one. The light in the room looks really unnatural, especially since there's light coming from the window and then another light on top of that.

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@King Gerar thank you  :)  yeah I am wondering about the gradient but actually in game it looks a bit different...

I really am enjoying doing the icons through.

Love your map and menu by the way.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly a year ago, we revealed the opening scene for Wanda. Now, we are getting to the end of the road.
This simple and short game took us a long ride!

This is very early version of the opening scene:
Screenshot-OP.png

Now, one of the recent "end-game" map.
Screenshot-EN.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidusa121