Game & Map Screenshots 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Game & Map Screenshots 8

This thread is meant for showing off screenshots or maps made for your project, and to comment on or give advice to other members. Screenshots of any Maker is welcome. No other game engines are allowed.

In-game screenshots and maps only, please. If you're looking for feedback on your logo/sprites/faces etc. then please post in the WIP thread.

Previous threads:

Game & Map Screenshots 1
    Game & Map Screenshots 2
    Game & Map Screenshots 3
    Game & Map Screenshots 4
    Game & Map Screenshots 5
    Game & Map Screenshots 6
    Game & Map Screenshots 7
    Game & Map Screenshots 8

Please read and abide by these rules before posting and or commenting:

1. In-game screenshots, maps and videos of gameplay are all welcome. Trailers are also welcome. Walkthroughs and Let's Plays are not. They go here.
    2. Please place your image in spoiler tags if it's any larger than 500x500. Ditto if you're posting a lot of images.
    3. Do not quote screenshots, maps or videos in this thread. If you want to comment on someone's screenshot, please refer to them by their name (@membername), or keep the image in spoiler tags.
    4. Please be civil and constructive when handing out feedback. Do not post things such as 'this sucks!'. Point out why a map doesn't look so good, and what they can do to improve it. If you want to compliment someone, point out what you think they did well.
    5. Please refrain from re-posting your work, unless you've made some edits on it since the last time you posted it. If no one has commented on your work, and it has fallen behind by at least 2 pages, feel free to repost it then. You can re-post your screenshot if you posted in the last several pages of the previous thread.
    6. Feel free to ask what tileset someone is using if you're interested, but keep off-topic chatter to a minimum.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    Woah new thread yay!!

Doing the desert field tileset is hard. -_- Here's a screenie:

[​IMG]

3. Iliketea

Iliketea Tea lover Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Kaus Ohhhhhhhhhhh! That looks so awesome ❤

Kaus likes this.
  4. grem333

grem333 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kaus This makes me actually want to make a desert area! Deserts are usually my least favorite maps to make.

Kaus likes this.
  5. ShinNessTen

ShinNessTen Valedictorian of Wonderland Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Oh my days! That is the most beautiful desert i've seen in any RPGM! 

6. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    I like the additions you did, especially the sideview stone stairs, really nice. Map wise it looks a bit chaotic and without a clear path, no real indication where you could walk, but I get that you wanted to show your resources.

I myself am working on desert tiles, but unfortunately I am way too slow in my progress -_-

Kaus likes this.
  7. ShinNessTen

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    You know how a typical desert looks like though?

[​IMG]

So it's actually kinda hard to judge, lmao!

8. Kaus

Kaus The Sagittarius Bearer Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    @Candacis Yeah I'm just showing off the tiles and I Agree the tiles is clustered hahaha doesnt even make sense where you could walk or why put the bridge there if theres no actual way on going there xD but yeah its just a sample map for the tileset ^_^. I would really like to see how your desert tiles go. Seeing your recent work from the ReStaff really inspired me to make something similar xD Especially that water pump <3 

@ShinNessTen Wow thank you! but I doubt its the best one. You're not looking! just kidding. but thank you ^_^

@grem333 Well you could make one next week when i release the tiles ^_^

@Iliketea As always thank you ^_^ 

Iliketea likes this.
  9. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    @ShinNessTen Uhm, this thread is for feedback on maps, so I gave feedback. I'm glad that there are more desert tiles soon from Kaus to make more interesting deserts. But for pure gameplay the presented map didn't make much sense. It still looks beautiful though.

@Kaus Thanks, still a long way until I can show a screenshot of the tiles. And that water pump is not from me, you can see it in the sci fi outside tileset.

ShinNessTen likes this.
  10. ShinNessTen

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Now that i look at it again... it does look chaotic! xD

But i thought we just rated them on their looks and not how they play, lmao.

11. Candacis

First Language:
    German
    Well, most want feedback on maps for their game. It can help pointing out how to make a map look more appealing, but it is also really important how a player can maneuver on a map and what he can do in it. For example, if you have a map of a city where you can see that the house with the shop sign is placed in a way that the player has to take a long route through the whole city every time he wants to visit the shop, I can point that out in my feedback. The map might have looked fine from a visual point of view, but that doesn't mean that it supports good gameplay.

ShinNessTen and Kaus like this.
  12. Luke•°

Luke•° ★✮✭✩✭✮★ Member

Abandoned Cave.

[​IMG]

13. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

The thread's called "Game & Map Screenshots". You're showing screenshots/maps for a game which is going to be played (at least I hope so).

I do like the map a lot though; you've made the desert much more interesting and I think it'll look a bit better with a clear direction the players can take.

I like how this looks a lot! Though I wouldn't have realized it was a cave had you not said it was a cave (though that could be the abundance of grass with no light source aside from the mouth of the cave). Regardless though, I like the details. Can you maneuver to the boat so you can check out some of the stuff inside the cave or is it just for a cutscene?

Luke•° likes this.
  14. Luke•°

Luke•° ★✮✭✩✭✮★ Member

@Ronove hm.. I think I can increase more beams of light on the floor(this would be the explanation for the grass), i'll work in this point, thanks for the feedback. and yeah, i will put a system for moviments by pixel, so that it is possible to walk through the scenario without the blockages. 

Ronove likes this.
  15. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here's a screen grab of the gypsy camp that I'm working on:

[​IMG]

I was hoping for some gypsy-themed graphics before they announced the closing of the Member+ program (that was going to be the next theme for the Member+ resources). But since those resources were never made, I had to try to make my own.

For the wagons, I recolored one of PandaMaru's wagons and used its wheels and base for the bottom section, then cobbled together the upper section from parts of Celianna's Fantastic Medieval Buildings. Most of the rugs are from Celianna's tiles too. The weapons rack was made by Candacis for her Orcs and Military set.

I also needed a bigger, and more colorful tent (for the gypsy leader) than is currently available. So I used one of Celianna's tents from the Fantastic Medieval Buildings and made it wider. But I had to do something for the doorway, so I used some curtains from Celianna's Tiles and a wood frame to make it look more colorful. I'm not sure if it looks ok or if it looks too weird, but I figure the gypsies will pull materials from all kinds of sources and build all kinds of odd structures, so maybe it's ok for a gypsy camp...

Karlski, RLMurphey, Ryzler and 10 others like this.
  16. Myst88

Myst88 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Kaus: Wow that's looking pretty amazing.

Been working on a cave. 

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  17. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

This is the game & map screenshots thread, so people are going to judge the map - not the tiles. That's what the WIP thread is for :) please post there instead.

Candacis likes this.
  18. terrorchan

terrorchan Literally a Gloop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Trying my hand at painted maps...this is my first attempt so don't roast me too hard. 

[​IMG]

It's not quite finished, I'm adding some final touches, but I was excited because I think it looks kinda cute and I wanted to show people :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  19. Ronove

Ronove ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think it looks nice, terrorchan! It definitely matches your sprite. The only thing I dislike are the bushes. They look like they have more detail than the rest of the map and stick out. Is there a way to simplify them to match the tree barks' level of complexity or whatnot?

terrorchan likes this.
  20. terrorchan

terrorchan Literally a Gloop Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yea I was basing them on how I used to do trees but that might not work best for the style I'm going for. I'll try to fix them in my update..make some things less detailed and some things more detailed. Thanks!

My screen resolution was too large and made the maps blurry when I uploaded them. Sorry guys :(

Okay, I made one big change and a few minor changes.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
    Ryzler, BerryB, shushcat and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.