Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Uran87 Nice maps, but please edit your post and put them in a spoiler.  A long section of maps like that makes the page slow to load and to scroll down, especially for anyone who accesses this on their phone.

Would also please edit your post with the character art and put them in a spoiler as well.  Please note for the future, this thread is for maps only, not for character art.  These should be shown in your game thread.  If you want feedback on them (though it didn't sound like it in this instance) please post in Resource Support or the WIP thread in that forum.

Thanks.

Uran87

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian, Englis
Primarily Uses
Yes for sure, sorry! ^^''''

EDIT:  Ok I did it :°D

Last edited by a moderator:

GMN

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

ù

<- UNDERGROUND OLD METRO

<- OLD TOKYO RUINS

<- WORLDMAP / NEO TOKYO REGION (DEADZONE)

<- DEADZONE

<- BATTLE SYSTEM

Hi guys what do you think about ? All the screenshots are taken from my Rpg "Skydancer - a post-atomic tale" settled in a not so distant future in Japan (Neo Tokyo), in a land ruled by chaos and anarchy. The screens referred to the worldmap (Region of Neo Tokyo called "Deadzone") and some other locations of the game (Old Tokyo Ruins, the deadzone, and a screenshot taken from the Battle System. the gauge on the right (with the faces of the characters) show the progress of the "Combo gauge" that allows you to do a great amount of damage per turn. Every "red" square grant you and Extra attack for a maximum of 4 in one single turn. If you kill an enemy with a combo, you will cause a "Violent Death" that boost your experience after battle (every violent death is animated in the game)

The gauge over the head of the party is the "Rush mode bar". When it's totally charged you can perform a special attack pressing the directional keys, but you must equip it before the battle using the custom menu' of the game.

The game is totally in Italian (and almost done, for a total of 25/30 hours only for the main quest). I'm looking for feedbacks to translate it in english :) . This is the first time that I show this project in a foreign forum, so if you like it, i will translate it in english for sure! :(

waiting for your opinions about the screenshots :) Bye and best!
very nice and interesting!! great job Uran!!!

mightYXu

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

What tileset is this? Looks very neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I see, do people use it for MV? Says it's optimized for VX Ace.
I'm not sure cuz I don't use MV . It's 32x32 tiles while MV uses 48x48 , but I heard there's 32x32 plugin for MV.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can use it on MV either via a 32x32 plugin or you can just put the resources into an MV sized tilesheet with or without resizing them. You can also use MV optimized resources to Ace by following the same principle. 

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Nicke I like the map, the tile choices are really nice and it looks like an interesting place to explore, but there's a couple areas that confuse me a little. The lighting looks a bit off to me - some of the lanterns seem to be glowing brighter than others? Perhaps this is an illusion caused by the crystal glow overlapping with the lantern glow but overall I feel like the lighting could be improved. In the central area where you have a couple of lanterns plus the crystals giving off light/glows, you could probably get away with making that whole area a little lighter and save the spotlight style lighting for tight caves and tunnels like you have in the bottom left.

It also took me a little while to realise the mist/fog around the crystals wasn't snow, and that there was a drop - I think the edge tiles you're using could show a little more cliff to make it more obvious there's a drop there. It was only the bridge tiles at the top that really gave it away. Looks like a cool dungeon though - would like to see more~

Testing out some effects for a possible project ressurection sometime in the future. Animated layer by layer [6 total] then displayed using an animated parallax script. It's pretty spoopy in-game with sloshing footstep sound effects and stuff~

LxCharon

I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vexed that map looks fascinating! How did you get that water effect? Custom tiles? I'd love to explore that area!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Vexed  That is extremely cool.  I love how you've been using lighting effects in that game.  The water reflections fit into that theme very nicely.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Vexed the reflexion of the water on the walls and windows made me wonder if this was gas on second thought.  But it reminded me of the very first Amnesia!

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@LxCharon Thanks! It's all custom, so first I made the tiles, created a parallax map using them - then I added basic shadows and lighting, then I created a water tile, animated it to give a wave motion effect over 6 frames, used each frame to fill the area covered in water on 6 copies of the parallax map, hand drew in the water edges, added some shadow below the water layer to ground the furniture and stuff, added the light reflection up against the walls using a similar method to animating the water, selectively deleted that to create the fade-out effect then I animated the window light hitting the waters surface. Finally, I made an alternate sprite of my heroine with water up to her ankles and added in a vignette effect, fog and extra lighting glow ingame using events and pictures. It's... fairly complex and not something I'd do on many maps but for this particular one, I wanted to really do something that looked impressive and upped the atmosphere :)

@Sharm Thank you! It took quite a bit of effort so I'm glad it pays off :D

@Marquise* It's funny you should say that, as one of the things I was trying to convey was the idea of "ghost water", haha. The scene involves an encounter with a spirit who appears as a drowned woman and that spirit is what's conjured up this phantom water, so the water isn't actually there in the strictest sense. I certainly wouldn't do water in quite this way in general as it does look slightly gas-like and unnatural, but hopefully in a cool creepy way? XD

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Vexed It certainly convey this well.  I do hope you have a very good musician collaborator that is acing ambient sound effect and quasi-music and quasi-atmosphere SFX!  With that, you'd be in business!

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Vexed That is utterly brilliant! I didn't know something like that was possible in RM!

Vinje

Some Weirdo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finally started to work on my game, so here's some screenshots

(Credit to Haydeos for the Katana)

Gave my characters custom idle animations by making their weapons visible.

And here's my title screen, which is still a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In tomorrow's video, parallax mapping. I will touch on the palgins of the wonderful @HUDELL
Bleaching my whole head so I can dye it green. Hopefully I don't fry it all off. Pray for me.
Completed my game's menu! :LZScheeze: (Game Title: ⟁False Server)
Also showcasing Galv_ChoicePictures.js by Galv
and,
AKUNOU_Option plugins by Tsutumi Kawahara.
(More details in the video description on YouTube.)

1 million messages is approaching. The end is near! M1M is like Y2K, but forum based. It's a bug that's gonna delete all attachments when we hit 1 mil messages. At least with Y2K we had warning....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsammmm