Game & Map Screenshots 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok I have fixed it I think!

I see what you guys meant about the wall wrapping around the whole place... jeez i suck xD

Map039.png

Marquise* likes this.
  2. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

@esby you always post the most awesome images, i'm such a fan of your mapping.

making a poor little encampment in the middle of the forest:

Map049.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  3. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Noctis Love the balcony scenery! What a great idea!

@BCj I love that crater! I think it looks a bit too hand-drawn compared to some of the other graphics you've used, but I like it nonetheless!

@esby Love the town shot with the canal! Neat!

BCj likes this.
  4. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @GolfHacker we initially tried it with editting the RTP, but none of the RTP we had available really suited (or just didn't look nice), hence we decided to go for a more drawn look. Very proud of the result though :)  

GolfHacker likes this.
  5. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @jonthefox Looks cute! Maybe change the southernmost tent so that its entrance is facing north? I know it's practically RPG law to have all entrances facing the player, but it looks a little strange having the path wrap around the tent like that. I would tell those people to turn their tent around. =P

jonthefox likes this.
  6. Panda

Panda Level 15 Fluffy Bear Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Getting right back into mapping after a lengthy exam period with a small dilapidated flat. I also wanted to try a new technique for indoors lighting through the window, which I think turned out looking pretty good - definitely a lot nicer than what I've currently got for other indoor maps.

[​IMG]

7. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're going to play with light effects you'll probably want to avoid using autoshadows. With the light from the window it looks a bit off.

Prescott likes this.
  8. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Panda 3 things about the lighting

I think the 'fan' is too wide for the size of the window, so I would be inclined to shave the sides a bit.

I also think it could benefit from a bit of blurring.  The edges are far too sharp.

The front side of the sink would not be sunlit, as the light would be falling at an angle.  The only way that can be lit up is if the light were falling directly from above, but it's not.  So leave that bit dark and have the light falling on to the floor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
    Panda likes this.
  9. Panda

Panda Level 15 Fluffy Bear Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah, it's always been a little difficult to balance. The shadows are actually added via GIMP and not the editor, so I might just erase or lessen them around the window area.

10. Princess Bananabelle

Princess Bananabelle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tried my hand at mapping a mine. The idea that it's a mine comes across well enough, but is there any way I can improve it? Also, I used the hole tile to make the outside black, is that okay or should I use the normal ceiling tiles?

[​IMG]

SamGreen likes this.
  11. MektiKwiiger

MektiKwiiger Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    @Princess Bananabelle Your mine looks more like a natural cave than a man-made structure. That could be because the tunnel is too unstable to make nice straight passages, but then I'd recommend placing a pillar or two where the floor is widest.

I think your use of the hole tile is neat.

12. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

@Princess Bananabelle I like it - and I like the use of the hole tile.  The only thing I'd say is, see how in the bottom middle you've got a couple of debris tiles on the ground? I'd use more of those throughout--the ground looks too plain and smooth for a cave/mine.   I'd add debris, rocks, maybe some broken paths of dirt.  

13. Princess Bananabelle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    padr81 and Zero2505 like this.
  14. Luiishu535

Luiishu535 Coffee Machine Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That looks pretty nice, @Princess Bananabelle. I suppose that it's going to be pretty dark in-game, since it's a mine. If so, then don't forget to place some lanterns on the walls later so that both your player and game's miners can see. ;)

@Tuomo L Is that world map complete? It looks pretty barren right now, especially since it's so big. I can't help to notices a lot face shapes in your world map as well. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but they do stand out quite a bit.

Nightlife in Herbtown...

[​IMG]

RitoJS, JackCL, flirion and 6 others like this.
  15. Princess Bananabelle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @Luiishu535 I completely forgot about lack of light. I got that fixed and put some nice lanterns in there. I love the drunks on the roof of your map. Unless, of course, they were murdered. In which case I blame the blonde nonchalantly walking away. Jokes aside, I also love the lighting. It adds a nice ambiance. By the way, am I seeing things or was a bit of the vines on the church kind of cut off? Right by the window there seems to be a bit of missing vine.

16. Zero2505

Zero2505 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Princess Bananabelle Good work on your mine, it is nicely done. I was going to say maybe add some lights like Luiishu recommend, but you already got that fix. The only thing I would recommend but isn't really needed is maybe adding a minecart or two?

@Luiishu535I really like your town, nice touch with the shadows of the trees overlooking the town and you got the lighting perfect. Keep up the great work. :D

Here is a little snow map I made for MV. This is my first time making a snow map since the days of XP. The idea behind this map is that you have to used the environment such as trees, crates, and logs to sneak around the guards without being caught. I was thinking about adding in a fog, but haven't decided yet.

[​IMG]

Here is the full view of the map:

[​IMG]

waynee95, c0sa, RitoJS and 11 others like this.
  17. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

World map is mostly complete, it hasn't got any of the cities or such in it as they are done as events and that doesn't show in the save map screen. The shapes are totally intentional

18. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thankyou for the feedback pal :)  ive attempted to add some shine etc in the pipes. I think it looks so much better for sure.  Some really awesome maps on here. keep it up everyone.

View attachment 42334

Zero2505, Euphony and kovak like this.
  19. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Zero2505 As a Canadian, you would know better than I do about snowy terrain, but I was wondering about having a fog on a snowy landscape.  It doesn't sound very plausible to me

Marquise* likes this.
  20. hydro_sapien

hydro_sapien Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you all for your input on the Tropical Island Map. I'm still working on it, and all of your ideas are helping big time.

Here is the starting city of my game. I tried to give it a Castle Town + Tropical Weather mix (I am from Miami FL, I tried to base the city on that in terms of distance between buildings, neat layout of the city, sea side orientation, and plants). 

There is a sea side/port area on the bottom right side of the map, I do not know how to take a full map screen shot.

All feedback/criticism is welcomed, I worked really hard on this one lol. 

[​IMG]

Zero2505 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.