Game & Map Screenshots 8

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeraq

Emeraq Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @hydro_sapien Very nice thank you, gave me a good idea of what I'm looking for.

@Prescott Thank you as well for showing me the tiles. As for the shadows, I didn't use auto I painted those myself, thought big towers would cast large shadows, but if it's thought to be too messy, I'll remove them.

@Euphony Thank you, I'll take a look. I'll be honest I am having a hard time distinguishing what goes with what. I even used some pathways as walls in one of my towns, but I liked the look and just used the region restrictions plugin to prevent walking on it. I'll make another attempt here shortly and post what I have edited.

2. Emeraq

Emeraq Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Alright another attempt at the Castle approach.. and to answer any questions before they occur, the green inside the castle is to represent a courtyard.

Castle Approach.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  3. Acer2020

Acer2020 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi all, uploading a map I made. In my game, characters can run jump and climb within the environment, so made a map which requires more traversal than the standard Forrest. Feel free to share your thoughts, comments, anything. Thanks.

Mellow Meadow 1.png

Mellow Meadow 2.png

Mellow Meadow 3.png

SamGreen and Chaos Avian like this.
  4. Emeraq

Emeraq Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Acer2020 My eyes won't catch as much as others here but I am able to see that the 'islands' in the water there all look very odd, boxy or too square on all edges.

5. hydro_sapien

hydro_sapien Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @acer2020 Awesome! I love the whole Uncharted feel to it! Keep in mind that depth plays a role in nature. Take a look at the screenshot with the girl, on the right side you have a cliff that comes out one tile in to the water then recedes one tile... however the grass on the top does not reflect the depth. There are a few occasions where that is happening on the other maps. Otherwise looks awesome.

Acer2020 likes this.
  6. SomaelCK

SomaelCK Lv 99 Simple Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bura As always, your screenshots are fantastic. Coming from VXA, I'm too used to smaller screen resolution for RM games.

Anyway, before I could carry on with new project "R", I have to get back to my old project Wanda and updating the game base on the critic responses. Here are some explore-able indoor maps that will be in Wanda 2.0 update. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These maps are PUKKA!. well done :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  8. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm working on a Final Fantasy fan game, focusing more on the shinra side. I'm a newbie at parallax mapping, anyway ive made a few maps of a reactor in a video. Some feedback would be great, there not perfect. :)  ( no battles etc in video, just showing few maps ) thankyou

https://youtu.be/FLiR1kZfrQ4 < link to video.

9. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Your message windows look kinda weird with their positions. Do you use "Mapzoom" in combination with "Timed Message Popups MV" i tried both and Mapzoom kills the accuracy on the window positions. 

SoSick. likes this.
  10. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah I did think that also, when I use "mapzoom" I just use the \autoevent in my message box's though. I could create a blank event and move it so its positioned better, so the message box will appear there instead? will have to give it ago. thanks for feedback pal. :rock-left:

11. Stridah

Stridah The People's Champion Veteran

First Language:
    English
  12. Mako Star

Mako Star Ex-Crisis Avenger Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @SomaelCK and @Stridah, man both of those shots look great! Did either of you guys make those graphics yourselves?

I had to post this, because it gets me every time I see it.

astMenu2.png

c0sa and Marquise* like this.
  13. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    It is weird :D

Mako Star likes this.
  14. SomaelCK

SomaelCK Lv 99 Simple Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Mako Star Yes. Wanda maps are made with all original assets (mostly hand-drawn) by @HaruAkira

Marquise* and Mako Star like this.
  15. SamGreen

SamGreen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @2FaSt

Everything looks really nice, but the grammatical inaccuracies and spelling mistakes are killing me. The difference between "your" and "you're", "there", "they're" and "their" etc.

jonthefox, Euphony and SoSick. like this.
  16. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Sam, yeah I kinda rushed the grammar, its not my strong point either xD will be going through that once I complete the final map. Would maybe even consider trying getting help with that. I know what I want my characters to say, but not good at using the correct words :(  lol.

Finished final map Sam, will now add events etc and go through all of the grammar! don't wanna kill you :p  lol. then upload a demo. :rock-left:  there is effects going on in the map, it doesn't look as blurry etc in game.

Reactor - Final Room.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    Marquise* and SamGreen like this.
  17. Stridah

Stridah The People's Champion Veteran

First Language:
    English
     Mako yeah ive been working on those graphics for months!

Marquise* and Mako Star like this.
  18. Mako Star

Mako Star Ex-Crisis Avenger Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Stridah The hard work has payed off, my friend. I'd love to see some outside shots, though!

@SomaelCK Their artwork looks fantastic. I just watched the trailer for Wanda, and it seems like a really great game. I enjoyed it a lot.

SomaelCK likes this.
  19. Princess Bananabelle

Princess Bananabelle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is the upper floor of an Inn. The issue I have though is the stairs that go down. I think it looks weird and tried to fix it with shadows, but it didn't seem to help. Can anyone give me advice on how to fix it? Or does it look okay the way it is? 

[​IMG]

Marquise* likes this.
  20. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Princess Bananabelle: I think you have the right idea, just the stairs are slightly in the wrong spot to do what you want to do with them. What I do is I treat those stairs as you can only enter them from the top, and head down them, so I'd move them down 1 tile and block off access to them from any direction but the top with railings and such. Then shadow them as well so it looks like you are going down.

Edit: Example to show what I mean. This screenshot was taken in the editor as I had no saves near that point, so hopefully it is somewhat clear. The down stairs are at the bottom of the picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    padr81 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.