Reactions: Spy

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Elder Forest area for my game. The area is meant for lv.1 to 10. Issue is, I'm not exactly good with exteriors and I am currently debating on how to fill in all that empty space.

Last edited by a moderator:

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Amy Pond I love the tight item placement near the inn and barn. I cannot say much about the environment, since you have not finished the map. You do need to make a better river though :^)

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was joking ^_^. What size of sprites are you using? The structures seem a bit small. (I might be a bit out of touch)

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
REFMAP VX.

The tileset actually has the inn set out like this with an extra storey:

But the perspective seems off to me. (But looks better than the before shot so I don't know which to go with).

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TimmyTheNerd It does not look natural.

like a bit of a mix between a park and a medieval suburbia. Churches would be usually at the center of a settlement, as this would be one of the first building built.

Also why a goblin cave in the middle of the town area?

What is the idea you try to convey in your map?

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@TimmyTheNerd It does not look natural.

like a bit of a mix between a park and a medieval suburbia. Churches would be usually at the center of a settlement, as this would be one of the first building built.

Also why a goblin cave in the middle of the town area?

What is the idea you try to convey in your map?
The entire area isn't a town, only the walled in section of the map. The rest is suppose to be a forest.

Would be adventurers go to the area to receive training. Rogues go to the Thieves' Guild. Warriors go to the Military Academy. Mages go to the Magic Academy. The Magic Academy use to be used to also train Clerics, but now they go to the Church of Solaris for their training. The church wasn't built until after Elder Village went up. It went up ten years before the game starts off, the construction ordered by the High Priest of Solaris after the man received a vision of Terron, God of Destruction and father of Monsters and Demons, and his release. The Tower of Trials also serves as one of the Focus Towers that keeps Terron imprisoned. It also marks the location where Argos, Champion of the Gods and the world's first heroes, did battle with Terron when the dark god was threatening to destroy the entire world. It is due to the location that the Thieves' Guild, Military Academy and Magic Academy were built there. The people behind the initial construction 500 years ago believed the location would serve to inspire those they would train there.

The two houses were built to house servants of the buildings. The Flaming Arrow (The Inn/Diner) was built when the Guild and Academies ran out of room for new students. The Blacksmith, Tailor and Alchemist came along later to take advantage of fresh adventurers who wont be too picky about the grade of gear they get. When Goblins began to come out of the cave, a wall was quickly built as the students battled against the goblins. By the time the wall was finished, however, all goblins were eliminated from the cave. So the Military Academy began to send out hunters to capture goblins and bring them into the caves to be used to test new students.

So over the course of 500 years, it went from just the Tower (Originally called the Elder Tower) to the location where all new adventurers go to be trained to become heroes in the tradition of Argos. Argos himself became a god after imprisoning Terron, being called Sentinel, the God of Protection.

EDIT:
Sorry if that went into too much detail, did my best to paraphrase as much as I could. This is based off the world I've been using to run games of Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons in since 2005.

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

But the perspective seems off to me. (But looks better than the before shot so I don't know which to go with).

@Amy Pond I like the second one better. The placement of the building looks better to me. The first one looked like it was too close to the river's edge.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I redid my "Alto's Room" map today.

Before:

There's not much difference between this and the version afterwards before I decided to remake it again. All I did was remove the papers scattered all over te floor and remove the chest by the table.

After:

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Realized that my mistake was trying to fit everything into one screen. So I decided to divide everything up.

This is the Elder Adventurers Academy (Combined the starting locations for the four classes into one building). Near it is the Goblin Cave, used as the first of the two final tests used to see if a student is ready to graduate.

EDIT:
This is not complete, still unsure how to fill in all the empty space.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@timmy, maybe also put the cave in another map too, with a dirt trail leading to it. Also make a clearing appearing more round than square, to look more natural.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DantonSlip
I really like how you set the cobblestone path into the grass! And the parallax trees in the front!

DantonSlip

Commissions open.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Thank you ! I'm glad you like this map ! :)  

GotMop

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
REFMAP VX.

Really nice water effect 

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is definitely a big improvement! However I'd love to the the glass dome, if you can get the perspective and geometry right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you manage to make a game that people play for hours, then reminding them to take a break gives that “This game cares about me” feeling and also lowers chance of burnout with your game.
Well... things are slow. I'm still waiting to get called back into my position, but I do have some time to design my games.
Suddenly wanna hear this ...
The best way to end your day? Cuddle your kitten! :LZSproud:

Explorer's Log:
September 29th
Silent Hill 4pm, 91F, air quality forecast of 301 AQI

The mask upgrade appears to be working great, I've had less hallucinations of weird fleshy creatures today... Some even look like people. Though I remain unconvinced of such. Still in hindsight, I probably should have treated previous "weird fleshy creatures" better, just in case.

Still no Pyramid hat though, I'll keep searching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ivanzoughe