Game & Map Screenshots 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My progress this month so far has been abysmal, so to make myself feel better, I made a gif of my already completed maps.

Parallax mapping in combination with events that do not align with the RMMV grid are proving extremely frustrating )-:  

Game 2016-09-19 23-09-55-03.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Fudge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian That's a really nice way to structure your map, I like the effect it has. I have to ask though- are all those tiles you're using from the rtp, or are some of them (the crumbling pillars and the tree trunks with the vines up them) edits? 

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Fudge: Thanks!~ Actually apart from the second map (which uses a couple edits like the statue with the small vines around it and rocks/shrubs with pearls), it's all normal RTP with no edits. I just used the 'pseudo layers' to put the vines on the trees for example and the crumbling pillars are on Tile C of the Dungeon Tileset~

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Testing out my evented portrait system which allows me to be able to create any kind of expression I want (like a hundred of them). I see a small flicker in the graphics when his face changes, I need to fix that, still wondering how.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna Nice work! Are you pre-loading your graphics? If not, you could try the following script call directly after using Show Picture in the event (which I am guessing that you are using).

this._waitMode = 'image';

In theory that should trigger a wait within the interpreter of the event until the ImageManager is finished loading and processing the bitmap used for the picture. I haven't tested that out, though. Might help, might not.

EDIT: Or the picture may be getting erased before the other is loaded, causing a few frame gap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Wow, I've liked every screenshot on the entire page...kudos, guys. Come on, give yourselves a cookie; you deserve it.

Additional graphics and effects have been made for my current project, so I decided to give the first area a bit of a makeover.

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Chaos Avian Man that looks nice. I don't know why but that second map reminds me of Ruby Chronicles. I still cry a little knowing Ruby Chronicles is on hiatus. That's what made me love using RM.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Practice, practice practice. Pretty big image btw. I'm not sure if I want to detail the balcony and the character or not, or just keep it as a silhouette. Thoughts? It's got a little more work and then I think it'll be done!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Quigon I'd leave the balcony and character as is.  Very evocative, and I think details would detract from that.

Lycanimuss

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Quigon nice graphics bro, really liked the futuristic atmosphere you make, well done!

I'm working with some parallax layers and animation parallax together, only a few tests for some scenes of my project! Thanks

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, just wanting to know what everyone's opinions are on beds..

In the picture, I have one flush against the wall, and the other isn't. Only problem is, having it flush against the wall (which looks better imo) also kinda ruins the ability to have a little bed side cabinet next to the bed, because its either at the foot of the bed or would be embedded into the wall lol. What does everyone else do in this situation?

Capture.PNG

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Move the cabinet closer to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveelynn