Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@atasuke10@Ursa Koda@Faye Valentine

Nope. I will never learn. :p

So here I come again...  I kinda didnt completely give up on the parallaxed / prerendered / wathever images.  But I decided not to make them walkable, at all, and would only sit in a second plane, or farther plane, as complementary decoration.  So, tilesets are in the close plane, parallaxes in the far plane.  I should probably make a fence or something to bring this idea home real quick to any potential players.  Think this is any better than any of my previous attempts?

testrpg4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@IAmJakeSauvage I think overall it's a lovely little map. Did you parralax it or do it in editor? There's just something about the way the roof pieces fall against the brick that bugs me. I think it's the lack of shadow - I can see there's a very faint shadow in some places, but it just doesn't seem to be enough for some reason. I dunno, can't quite place what it is. I like the sign you did though, looks good.
   I'll be honest and say that shadowing is something that I struggle with a little. That's good feedback though - I'll go through and edit those to make them a bit more separative!

I make most of my maps in the editor, export them with Mapshot in different layers and then move things around. The paths, sign etc. were definitely done in Photoshop though.

@ksjp17 It's supposed to be a school/dormitory but I think you might be right. Inside all of the buildings I painted snow in the entryways to account for that - but it is architecturally dumb in the first place. 

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@IAmJakeSauvage - I think the bottom of the doors should have snow too, because they look like they're floating, or not attached to the building. :D

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is getting spammy. Please no more posts about crystals and saving the world, by whatever means. Let's stay on topic.

Thanks.

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ksjp17 Allright boss.

@Canini  Yes I know.  Map is too square in some places. Working on some complementary tiles to help with this such as diagonal tiles etc.

Dragonspeech

Lady Dragoness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Uhm. It's been a while since I've actually sat down and made anything. I've scrapped so many ideas and concepts over the course and then I transferred all my ideas over to MV instead of VX Ace. Hah. But anyway, this time around I'm trying to sit down and throw together maps as a starting point, then connect plot points but that's for another thread. So for my very first rpg game from RPG Maker my World map! 

In addition I'm definitely looking for some feedback and critiques if ya'll could, please and thank you! I'm very leery of the overworld tileset and I've never tried to use them before. This map is currently WIP, but approximately 90% done. (Oh but I am very happy with its progress enough!)

Edit: I hope I've done this right. I'm sorry if I am not displaying the image correctly! Thanks @ksjp17 For pointing out it wasn't displaying and a download link instead! 

IMG_1077.PNG

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
I have yet to touch on my mapping as I've been working on Battle aspect of my game.

I hope battle screenshot is ok? :3

Gonna put up a video soon, once I get the skill animations ready

I designed the UI & icons by myself while commissioning @Lecode to program it and make it alive from my JPEG mockups. Gosh, he's really good at it ^^

The actors are designed by me while a friend of mine, Vayreceane, made the chibi. I designed and sprite-d the monster myself (I can't cel-shade for my life thus the striking design clash between the monster and the actors, but I hope I can get away with it)

> and yeah, those two dudes are the one on my signatures :3

Name

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
finally finish some redos on my lost tiles added with rural farm tileset by celianna (Hospital Lobby)

(havent done the nurse outfits yet, so imma add them later :) )

Hospital Lobby.png

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have yet to touch on my mapping as I've been working on Battle aspect of my game.

I hope battle screenshot is ok? :3

Gonna put up a video soon, once I get the skill animations ready

I designed the UI & icons by myself while commissioning @Lecode to program it and make it alive from my JPEG mockups. Gosh, he's really good at it ^^

The actors are designed by me while a friend of mine, Vayreceane, made the chibi. I designed and sprite-d the monster myself (I can't cel-shade for my life thus the striking design clash between the monster and the actors, but I hope I can get away with it)

> and yeah, those two dudes are the one on my signatures :3

finally finish some redos on my lost tiles added with rural farm tileset by celianna (Hospital Lobby)

(havent done the nurse outfits yet, so imma add them later :) )

View attachment 49173
New page, so I'm taking these with me so that more people can see them and provide feedback.

@IAmJakeSauvage Wohoo! I love sky settings! The snow is an interesting touch as well since I don't see that kind of climate a lot in games that utilize these settings. You did a pretty good job on the mapping too, mang! It would be a nice touch if there was little bit of snow on the doors though.

@somenick I'm not too sure about what you're cooking up ATM. To be constructive, the parallax doesn't scroll, the placement of the rocks feel a bit repetitive and the map is overall pretty empty in terms of details. With a bit of work, this can become a pretty cool map, I believe!

@Canini BEST. TITLE SCREEN. EVER!...maybe not the actual best, but at least it fits the title of your game.

@cekobico The battle HUD and layout look pretty clean to me. Battlers look pretty fancy as well.

@Sugar ZooZoo Love the graphics and the size of the map! I think that the door and the sticker/get-stuff-done board at the upper right could be placed a bit to the left. The door is a bit too close to the ceiling tile IMHO.

I've been experimenting a bit with tilesets/recolors/character designs lately. Which one of these look best?

I'm personally leaning towards the first one, mainly since all of that redness really adds to the psychological aspect and setting I'm going for. 

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First one. The second one looks like a system of paths cutting across stony ground, which is a bit weird for indoors.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Luiishu535 I too prefer the first one.  However, I think that if you go for that one, you might need to tweak the colour of your pillars (or whatever it is that the lamps are standing on) as the grey stands out as odd against the floor and walls.

cekobico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
@Luiishu535 I like the first one, but I think the outer tiles color look better in grey like in the second one. 

DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Luiishu535 I think the first one looks best for an indoor space, but I really like the second one too. Hopefully you can reuse that scheme in another part of the game :)

Caramell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey I was hoping to get some feed back on these two screen shots, I purchased MV about 2 weeks ago so these are some of the first attempts at mapping.

Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (12).png

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I was hoping to get some feed back on these two screen shots, I purchased MV about 2 weeks ago so these are some of the first attempts at mapping.

The elevation of that house on the cliff is a little bit weird. You might be want to try a smaller ledge. Also, the houses aren't bad - the tile for the "roof" would be changed to something else though. It's not separate enough from the flooring.

Caramell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The elevation of that house on the cliff is a little bit weird. You might be want to try a smaller ledge. Also, the houses aren't bad - the tile for the "roof" would be changed to something else though. It's not separate enough from the flooring.
You are talking about how there is a floor on the roof, correct? if you are yeah I thought those were apart of the roof tile set. and yeah the roof elevation and cliff needs a bit of correcting, hmmm... I may just re-make the whole map. Thanks for the Feedback! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galgar22