Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the feedback on my last post, guys! I really appreciate it!

@ksjp17I'm working on that, but I'm afraid that I'm not good enough with recoloring when it comes to the RTP.  I actually find it a lot more difficult to recolor/edit RTP tiles tham making my own graphics from scratch. The RTP's shading style is just too much for me ATM. Things would definitely be a lot easier if I just had an RTP palette to go from...

@DeviTheHumanI'm already using those tiles for a prison area in the game. ;) The project will probably go under a lot of heavy revamps though, so I can't promise anything ATM.

I've recently started uploading daily map-shots on my DA in hope of getting some practice done with different types of graphics. I've grown really fond of the Time Fantasy graphics lately.

I plan to use these graphics as a base for a future project of mine. Hopefully my pixel art will be a lot better by then so that I can make my own graphics in this style.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoePie

of Art/Game
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Setsuback.jpg

EDO RPG!

Yeah Me again. Stuck on something with Hotdog so I started something new to refresh the kick. Ain't you think there's too few RPG set in Edo Period? Always been a fan of Onimusha, Samurai Spirit RPG, actually I do this map based on their building design as I have ZERO knowledge in Edo's building. Only issue is, I had to use 144px sprite size to show character clearer in this style, and pain in da butt when doing parallax for it.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Crunchino Looks good! Kind of a dark pallete but it works. Reminds me a bit of phantasy star 2.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@kovakThe Ogre sprite from Ace or MV?  If you want it all sides take the one from the free DLC or get @Matseb2611 sidebattlers if you like it.  Ack just thought of it; All hits animations are made from the side POV thought!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@JoePie

Looks lovely, but the hyper-stylized graphics work well in an art project, not a game. I feel that the style of the map makes it hard to navigate in the top-down perspective of the usual RPG Maker product.

@Crunchino
Looking forward to seeing you fill out that map, but I love the sprite. However you may want to consider making maps have more color as they look kind of gloomy compared to your character. Also impressed at the retro style in what I presume an MV creation.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@kovak If you wanted to discuss your sprite you should be posting in the Resource WIP Thread.  This is for discussing your maps and screenshots.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
@dsiver144: Love your use of colour. =) It's so vibrant but the style is still distinct enough that I don't confuse it with all the Earthbound/Pokemon style of pixel art that seems to be popping up now.

TheReboot

The One Who Knocks (Politely)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just wanted to share something I stitched together.

MeshedTown.png

It's a springtime snow village and the port of the port town, stitched together for what I feel is a nice little town~

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@dsiver144 Your windmill is missing its shadow.  On your shadows generally, I wonder if they need a slight tweak - I put it like that because this is not a style that I'm particularly familiar with.  Your buildings have strong shadows thrown only forwards, as far as I can tell, indicating light from the north, at an altitude lower than zenith.  Other objects e.g. lamp posts, have totally circular shadows.  If the light were coming from the north, then their shadows would fall southwards as well.

@TheReboot  The player will not be able to see all that water to the south, so you could easily delete it.  Will you be adding port clutter to the quay?  It looks a bit bare at the moment.  And actual screenshots are always preferable to just giving links.  People don't want to have to go somewhere else to look at your map before commenting.  So you could delete that link now.

TheReboot

The One Who Knocks (Politely)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@dsiver144 Your windmill is missing its shadow.  On your shadows generally, I wonder if they need a slight tweak - I put it like that because this is not a style that I'm particularly familiar with.  Your buildings have strong shadows thrown only forwards, as far as I can tell, indicating light from the north, at an altitude lower than zenith.  Other objects e.g. lamp posts, have totally circular shadows.  If the light were coming from the north, then their shadows would fall southwards as well.

@TheReboot  The player will not be able to see all that water to the south, so you could easily delete it.  Will you be adding port clutter to the quay?  It looks a bit bare at the moment.  And actual screenshots are always preferable to just giving links.  People don't want to have to go somewhere else to look at your map before commenting.  So you could delete that link now.

True, but for now while I flesh out the map it's not something I'm going to bother with unless lag becomes a problem, and I will add some eventually, when I tossed it in I couldn't really think of hat to add, I'm only using the included tileset so my options are a little limited. I do plan to make each of those warehouses though, it'll mostly be crates but hey, it'll be a fun place to put secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkscythe25