Vandriette

Dark King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Akumai  Is that for the horror game you're working on, as you mentioned in plot and character feedback?  If so, appearances are deceiving.  

Either way, nice job.
Yeah, it is~

EDIT: And thank you~

Last edited by a moderator:

purplehills

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@HexMozart88

Thank you! ^^

Yes, you are right, I'm using MV (I've updated my profile too ;))

DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@dsiver144 It looks great, but I feel like there should be a wall separating the living space from the shop. Either that or move the entryway closer to the shop. The map has a kind of awkward invading someone's home to shop feel, LOL.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@beliziam: some of the furnitures are high up to the ceiling. Maybe you can add a stepladder so the characters can reach the top (if it were IRL)? Or simply make them lower.

JPaulC

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@dsiver144

I like how "clean" and colourful this is. 

@purplehills

That looks interesting is the water/waterfalls animated?

btw how do I quote?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JPaulC There are 2 ways.  One is to select that portion of a post that you want to quote.  When you do that a little black dialogue box appears asking you if you want to quote that.  Click on it and the forum software will insert it into your reply, complete with the name etc. of the person you are quoting.

The second way is to click the 'Quote' button on the post you want.  Big drawback is that it quotes the whole post.  This is rarely necessary, and doing so makes loading the page slower and scrolling down longer - a nightmare for people accessing this on their phones.  The further point to bear in mind is that the OP for this thread specifically asks that people do not quote images unless there is a very strong reason otherwise and then they should be in spoilers.  Quoting whole posts would automatically include the images, and this slows down the page even more.  

I would suggest, therefore, that you use the first method I've outlined.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JPaulC Doing it this way with the @ is really the best way to do it. Sometimes you have to wait a second or delete the @ and start over for the names to show up when you start typing them.

Corfaisus

RTP Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Halloween is upon us and I'm still not getting closer to finishing my chapter on Fear. My brain needs to get chugging if I'm ever going to see the Graveyard of Shadows rise.

Old Lefarnius.png

At least the event-heavy, multi-layered nightmare that is Old Lefarnius is all complete, so I've got that going for me. Also, if you're wondering why there's pots on the roofs and walls and such, those are set in place to decrease the number of events I need to establish proper passability all the while being invisible in-game.

Ronove

♫꒰・‿・๑꒱
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@PixelLuchi: I think it looks nice so far! You just want to watch out for the noticeable grid on the cliffs.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
@Ronove: Yeah, it's really difficult to get cliffs right. xD That was my fourth or so attempt to 'break' the grid, lol. I'll just have to keep practicing.

Corfaisus

RTP Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@PixelLuchi

I think it bears mentioning that you should stick to one style of ending cliffs. My personal recommendation would be to use what you've got for the dirt for the grass as well. The grass on the upper left hand corner causes the cliff to dip roughly 1/3 of a tile below the cliff next to it. I know you placed a chest there to disguise it, but my mind is still filling in the blank. Also I'd recommend making the grass along the top of the upper tiles of the cliffs more prominent so that they match up with the bottoms.

Another thing that's striking to me is that technically the curve of the tops of the cliffs would prevent the short one next to the path from sitting behind the cliff next to it. It should probably be combined at the upper left with the kind of cliff tile you used near the dirt. You might also increase the height of the cliff opposite it by one tile or combine it with the larger cliff next to it at the top, seeing as they'd be at the same height.

@Knayter

I would strongly recommend narrowing the width of the hallway by one to two tiles and moving the implied doorway/stairwell to line up with the door at the top.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Halloween is upon us and I'm still not getting closer to finishing my chapter on Fear. My brain needs to get chugging if I'm ever going to see the Graveyard of Shadows rise.

At least the event-heavy, multi-layered nightmare that is Old Lefarnius is all complete, so I've got that going for me. Also, if you're wondering why there's pots on the roofs and walls and such, those are set in place to decrease the number of events I need to establish proper passability all the while being invisible in-game.
This looks fantastic. I enjoy seeing RM2k3 projects in here. Are those custom tiles or RTP? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curos