Status
Not open for further replies.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Sure why not? It's just a mix match of EB resources with just a very minor personal touch. and I don't even know if that's the final version of what I'd be using. I'd be more than grateful to be on the credits though XD
I literally searched for some big screen opening that made the credits official and showing I was a proud user but like if it was a bit like in big budget movies.  XD  I thought I would get Kadokawa and Degica, but THIS kinda covers Enterbrain and the engine as well.  :p   (I hate leaving anyone behind in my credits)

PS will use you on credits too :D

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's a map I put together months ago when MV first came out to test the tiles out. Not really sure what I'm going to use it for just yet but I'm thinking as the entrance to the first dungeon in my game since it will contrast nicely with all the lava and goblins running around inside. As always feedback and criticism is well appreciated :)

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It looks pretty neat! Some ground details near the middle would be nice (it looks a tad too empty ATM IMO). You could also add more trees to decrease the empty space a bit. I also feel like you could replace some of those rocks with some other objects (you could remove the timber from the cliffs and add them to the ground instead).

Trying out the Winter tiles from the Time Fantasy set in MV. 

EDIT:

@SomaelCKWhoa, dude, check out your like counter! o_O

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya. Been a while since I've posted. Have some screens.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Corridors and lowlight is what player is gonna expect if playing No Longer the Earth.

Hope you like it.
Really cool! When it comes to having really dark shadows in your game you probably want to diffuse the edges a bit more - right now the shadows seem very harsh/hastily drawn. When I do shadows of that nature I tend to have two layers of shadows to blend the edges and get a bit of a creepier vibe.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @IAmJakeSauvage

Could you have a visual example? I'll try to imitate it.
I'd suggest checking out some screenshots of "The Witch's House" and "Blank Dream" - there's a lot of shadow/shading techniques you might like (although Witch's House is definitely more black-on-map in some areas).

VicWhite

Star rover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will do, @IAmJakeSauvage!

Just downloaded them both.

I'm very thankful! This hint is highly appreciated!

Zonen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm working on learning to parallax map, but one huge difficulty for me is in making good looking bridges. I've attached an example.  Does anyone have some great tips and tutorials on making good looking bridges for maps?

Also, any guides on making the dirt more realistic, not like it is currently?  I would like to get a realistic looking terrain, but dirt also seems to be one I struggle to figure out.

View attachment 51713

Edited 2 hours ago by Zonen

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm merging this with the Game & Map Screenshot thread. It's the best place to get input on maps.

The only thing I can think off the top of my head is to add some shadowing to the bridges. IMO, oftentimes with parallax maps, people forget shadows and it tends to make things look like they are "floating". Shadows help anchor them a bit.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Zonen I can think of one quick reason why your earth looks off.  The path you have put in does not look like a formally laid path - edges are blurred, the shapes are very rounded.  They look like the sort of paths that have been created by people walking.  However, that would mean that the soil there is very thin, with stone just below the surface.  That's not uncommon and is not a problem in itself.  Where the problem may lie is that if the soil is that thin, then you are unlike to also have large patches of dirt showing, with no stones.  You've mixed two very different sorts of terrain, and they clash.

Looking just at the dirt patches - they need to have edges which are more indistinct/blurred with perhaps odd bits of grass in them.  At the moment they look like they've been laid down on top of the grass.  

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm working on learning to parallax map, but one huge difficulty for me is in making good looking bridges. I've attached an example.  Does anyone have some great tips and tutorials on making good looking bridges for maps?

Also, any guides on making the dirt more realistic, not like it is currently?  I would like to get a realistic looking terrain, but dirt also seems to be one I struggle to figure out.

Edited 2 hours ago by Zonen
Yeah, the road definitely looks weird. With any laid road you might want to just draw it in the editor - and then, if you want to make it look "overgrown" or whatever you can paint at the edges with grass or whatever else you like. Same with the dirt - make sure it's a layer below the additional painted grass - not on top.  :p

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So many hours on a one-shot map that will never be seen again in the game... but it's the first one seen by the players.

It needs to make a good first impression.

I'm not sure about the blank space on the top-left. Does it work anyway or should I try to fill it with something. Dunno what though. Plants make it look like a greenhouse and another staircase looks too heavy.

Zonen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Zonen I can think of one quick reason why your earth looks off.  The path you have put in does not look like a formally laid path - edges are blurred, the shapes are very rounded.  They look like the sort of paths that have been created by people walking.  However, that would mean that the soil there is very thin, with stone just below the surface.  That's not uncommon and is not a problem in itself.  Where the problem may lie is that if the soil is that thin, then you are unlike to also have large patches of dirt showing, with no stones.  You've mixed two very different sorts of terrain, and they clash.

Looking just at the dirt patches - they need to have edges which are more indistinct/blurred with perhaps odd bits of grass in them.  At the moment they look like they've been laid down on top of the grass.  

Thanks for the ideas, I'll mess with the dirt alittle and try to get that to cooperate better with the rest of the terrain.  Any ideas on a better way to do the bridges?  I absolutely hate the way they look currently. 

Any particular brushes you use when making dirt?

How about these changes?

map74.png

Zonen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I could also use tips and pointers on light through windows.  This is what I have at the moment.

map6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkscythe25