Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks great and foreboding! I might get that tileset myself. It feels like the lamps at the bottom should cast their light a little farther, but that could be me being wrong.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Macbeth: How can the light poles cast a long shadow of themselves?

Other shadows do not match the light sources too (mostly the left side of the screenshot). Since it's obviously a separate layer, it should be an easy fix though.

Macbeth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
yes it's a separate shadows layer, that map was made quickly to show those Celianna resized tiles but i think those shadows need to be shorter :D  thanks for your comment cabfe!

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been a bit of time and work but finally ready to show a new screen...

hakovo%20good%20castle_zps2drrhzdj.png

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@McSundae Very nice pixel art it's nice to see we have so many developers branching out and creating their own art now a days.  It would be easier to give feedback if you posted the whole map...it's really good i think you could make it look a bit more lived in if you parallax, some clutter on top of the tables and cabinets, flower pots or something.  This is just a suggestion to take it to next level as its really nice as is.  

btw that coin is sick pixel work in bottom left.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Knayter Your first map - I would blur the window frames within the lights.  Light just doesn't come through that sharply.  Also, if you have what appears to be bright sunlight coming in through the windows, would you actually have all those candles lit?

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@McSundae Looking good. Are you still using the hiddenone template for sprites?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That last map looks really sweet. :D

Tektrix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just started parallax mapping recently. I've been trying my hand at experimenting with some lighting effects in GIMP but not sure I'm happy with them yet.

Church.jpgCave.jpg

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Loppa That looks great!! As you're going around shooting baddies, the map looks larger than it really is. Awesome use of space. Also - the sound of the gun shooting was so soothing, haha! Not sure why.

@Tektrix Those are some light effects for someone just starting out! I wonder if you should lessen the saturation a bit on the stained glass lights, and maybe make it a little larger / longer? My reasoning is that because the shaft of light is so long on a short wall, its as if the sun is setting, which would make the window light... stretched a bit. Or, just make the shaft of light shorter (bringing the colored light closer to the wall) if it's afternoon.

~~~~

I haven't posted here in a while! It's good to be back. I've decided to give new life in an RPG I have written from start to finish, but never bothered developing. Here's a map I threw together last night of the first village. It's supposed to be an underground village of bunny people, so I tried giving it a rabbit-hole feel. What do you think? I have to make 3 of these (there are 3 levels in the village), so It'd be nice to get feedback now instead of when I'm finished. ^^

Full size (had to shrink it for the forums)

manaweed01.png

In game with some tinting:

manaweed02.png

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@fallenlorelei Very cool. I like the cave town idea and you executed it well.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fallenlorelei I always think that windows on stone looks a little strange - you might want to edit some cracks from B and just have it look like they're peering into a home or something (or even just use the square "hole" windows). Also, paths/ground look great - but your clusters seem really "purposeful" rather than overgrown and natural if that's the look you were going for.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@KerriganSaila Nice feel to the map, but there are a couple of things that need some attention.

Your cafe - you go up a flight of steps, and then the grating level starts at the same level as the base of the building.  It should be partway up the building.

The wall top tile (can't think of a better word for it) on the right of those stairs starts at the same level as the pavement, and ends up at roof level.  It needs to have some wall tiles at various stages to 'lift' it up in elevation.  Say a couple at street level, and then a couple more where it reaches the table and chairs so that it rises in line with the grid at the back.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I knew something was weird, I couldn't figure out what it was. 

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello everyone.

I'm very new to this - but wow, there are some absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful maps in this thread. Well done to all of you! 

I've just started with RMMV and I don't really know what I'm doing - but I'm trying to follow the basic tutorial as best as possible. Here is my first map:

Obviously I have only used the default resources available as I'm still trying to get my head around the logistics of building a map. Just a simple set up here, but I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers about where I might have gone wrong fundamentally, or if there's any glaring obvious flaws. Eventually, I want to be able to build some of the amazing maps I've seen screenshots of here.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't know what to do with this character, but it mine

IMG_20210419_121108.jpg
I really truly hate to come off as insensitive but I have recently downloaded moghunter's theatrythym MV and I didn't expect them at all to delete their website. I do hope everything is okay with them truly. But, I have no clue on what to do. I tried to find a Youtube tutorial or a thread but there is none. If anyone could help me or share their master demo or any demo with me I will be really appreciative.
Doing RPG Maker News #15 | Mog Hunter Plugins Gone, HQ Realistic Tiles, Mimic Chests, Metal Enemies
HEY LISTEN
Any of you can recommend me desert tilesets for MV? Free and/or paid?
Thanks in advance for your time! Take care!
PS: Yes, Steam DLC tilesets are included in the "paid" category.
I do sincerely hope that MogHunter is doing alright. As sad as I am to see their site and contributions disappear, I'm more concerned for their own well-being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silver217