aboynamedearth

Onion Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna That style without outlines is so rad! It looks so cute and whimsical, especially that park background!

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Loving the new FSM tileset. Been playing around with it a lot since I brought it. The most recent map I've done is a village Bar.

QqhBsSk.png

[\spoiler]

Name

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna thanks. i haven't done the shadows or lighting yet. just the basic map layout :)

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's super small, but just started a project, and this is the map on which the player starts the game. It's possible to walk behind the front walls, so it's not as cramped as it looks. Using RTP, for now, but might consider making my own tilesets for it later on.

Intro_Map.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Milennin Looks pretty good so far. I like the size. If anything, the top right-hand corner is a little crammed with stuff, whereas the bottom left-hand corner is pretty empty. Maybe get rid of that big crack at the bottom of the wall and put something in the empty corner? That's just me being nitpicky, though.

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@fallenlorelei I like your underground town concept! Neat idea! But it looks strange to see gardens underground. How would the plants get sunlight in order to grow? Maybe you could punch some "holes" in the cave ceiling and show some sunbeams shining on the garden patches...

aboynamedearth

Onion Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Selhan I didn't make them! Found them on VIPRPG and I'm still looking to find the original creator. I've been messing around making edits for them though and emulating the style. I really want to allow the player to choose between a male or female protagonist, so I'll also be editing good 'ol Alex to be female as well!

@ksjp17 I tried doing the signpost thing for the command menu!

giphy.gif

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@GolfHacker That would look really cool on that map.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Milennin: Is it a prison cell? If so, I don't think the inner wall should be here. The guards won't see the prisoner so he can escape unnoticed or attack them behind the wall.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cabfe, it's a gladiator's cell, that wall is the only thing that gives him a bit of privacy. :D But yeah, the gladiators aren't treated that greatly, but they surely aren't prisoners.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@cabfe, it's a gladiator's cell, that wall is the only thing that gives him a bit of privacy. :D But yeah, the gladiators aren't treated that greatly, but they surely aren't prisoners.

Ah, that makes sense now.

With this door and barred window, it looks like a reformed cell. Instead of a solid stone wall, maybe you could make it a wooden one? Like an afterthought for the gladiators living there.

The stone wall was obviously not there at first and I doubt the owner of the place would build one in it. I don't know the MV RTP stuff so I can't suggest any particular tile.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cabfe, I know what you mean, unfortunately the RTP doesn't feature wooden texture on the dungeon tileset, and only features thick and fancy looking wood on regular inside tilesets. So if I'm going to change it, it'll be once I create my own map graphics.

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@fallenlorelei I like your underground town concept! Neat idea! But it looks strange to see gardens underground. How would the plants get sunlight in order to grow? Maybe you could punch some "holes" in the cave ceiling and show some sunbeams shining on the garden patches...

Thanks Golf!!

Actually that's part of the plot ;)  Some of the bunnies are Plant Mages, which makes it work. That level specifically are the "farmers." The other levels include nobility, merchants, lower class, and then the "Wilted" - criminals. The top-most level are the Carrot Farmers, the most prestigious class! And that map has sunlight filtering from the top, as you mentioned. The main character is shocked when she first sees the sun, thus beginning her quest~

In VX Ace it looked like this: (moving it over to MV)

tumblr_nwzo22GnnJ1uktjito4_1280.png

Unfortunately the game might have to take another break because the ABS script I had my eye on doesn't include party support yet. Oh well! Thinking of another game to occupy my time...

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Milennin  That grate/window on the bottom wall is bothering me.  The wall is super thick, there's no way you could see the floor like that.  I think if you had it black behind the grate it would look better.  BTW, did you use shift clicking for the top walls?  There's a repetitive line that shouldn't be there.

Milennin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm, didn't think of that. I wanted to have the character visible from behind the grate. :( Oh, I'll have to check on the top walls to see if I can get rid of that.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Ursa Koda Thanks for the feedback, I don't mean to make the room look dark, i will fix that  :p  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaze163