Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have been wanting to do something with a cherry blossom look to it. So I made a concept map for something a little bigger to be done. I wanted to see what kind of assets I was going to end up with before I started scaling up. I never took art classes, I googled complimentary colors for pink and this is the color palette I was steered towards.

If somebody who knows a thing or two about colors would like to suggest good offsetting colors for this I would appreciate it.

hLvW4PQ.png

Resources Used from: RTP, whtdragon, Town of Beginnings, Town of Seasons, MOG Weather EX Plugin

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Noobk For me the thing that stood out is that one type of tree has a hard edge and the others don't.  Maybe try softening that edge with an eraser set to partial opacity?  Or some other trick?  If you need help on that (or palette questions) you might try a quick thread in Resource Support which is all about dealing with issues arising from resource creation.

Loppa

☣ Town of the Dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ITALY
Primarily Uses
N/A
Town of the Dead Battle System Sniper Shooting Ultimate Test

Is a nice map, biggest city map i see. Buit doesnt it take a long time to load it ingame? if you have music and sound and this big tileset all animated with events and all,

it must be very laggy.

@Ursa Koda No lag, because maps are divided, there are about 40 maps of exteriors 50x33 tiles. ^^

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm heading to Thanksgiving dinner soon, but I just finished this map and wanted to post it :3 

wintercorner.PNG

Not much to see but I also didn't want to post the whole map, haha. Just a screenshot from in-game. There's a lot going on. Light rays, a fog effect (although not apparent from picture). Each corner of the map represents a different season with a corresponding portal to that season's "world." This is Winter - obviously :p  I'm also using Moghunter's weather effects and Yanfly's region events to display different weather upon approaching each season. (Spring has cherry blossoms! So pretty!)

Now - I have never done a floating island before and I'm not quite sold on how I have that presented (default sunset background, faded out cliffs). Any tips?

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@fallenlorelei: I like the fade effect on the cliffs, it's more beautiful than standard straight edges or endless tiles.

Since it's obviously not a 100% realistic setting this may not be relevant, but I don't think that trees grow on the edge of cliffs like that, unless there's been a recent landslide (poor people below!)

Also, the two big trees in the lower-left are on the same horizontal axis but the one on the right has its branches in front of the leafed one, throwing off perspective. Since you parallaxed it, simply move the left tree up by a few pixels.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When making maps, I can only make not-so-good mountains... :rswt:

I need to work on them...

Also yes, that crash screen IS part of the game.

Deka Soru Macith Force 11_24_2016 11_44_03 AM.png

Deka Soru Macith Force 11_24_2016 11_43_46 AM.png

Deka Soru Macith Force 11_24_2016 11_41_38 AM.png

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not a real screenshot, just playing with maps and characters in photoshop.
But an HD version is possible, and is not so bad :)
I prefer low resolution for my game, but is just my opinion.

illmap1.jpg

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Decided to whip out some old Humble Bundle Tiles made by Celianna into a parallax map. Also, i studying the perspective of the walls and some of the pieces of furniture. What do you people think of the way the walls look, it reminds me of the old Zelda game graphics.  =3

HumbleMap.png

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I love the perspective with the side walls.  This is how I want my castle walls!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Blue Shift well, they wanted Zelda walls, they're gonna get Zelda walls haha.

screen_ingame4.png

I need some feedback on this. My game, which is a visual novel, can have two people show up on the screen at a time. The player character (displayed on the right here), was never going to show up on the screen. She can be fully customized (hair, skin, clothes etc.), so it takes a bit of effort into displaying her correctly. Anyways, I did a test to make her stand next to the other character during a scene. It looks okay right here, but the issue is that she will never change expressions (she doesn't have any), whereas the actual characters do change expressions. So it might look quite odd.

Do you think I should just leave her out of the scenes anyway, or what would look better?

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Celianna I think you should leave her out, or else have the two face each other so it's like they're talking to each other (at the moment, it looks like he's talking to the player and she's just awkwardly standing there).

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna It doesn't look bad but I don't like visualizing the main character in a visual novel because I like to think I'm the protagonist and seeing him/her on the screen kinda breaks the fantasy D:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'd leave her out because I think it would look very strange to have one character with changing expressions and the other not.

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Celianna I think you should remove the main character. The other characters look like they're talking to the camera (myself), so it'd feel weird having my character off to the side. Breaks the immersion a bit for me.

---

(click for full size)

Entrance area to the Jungle Boss section in Timeblazer. There's a temple area ahead where the boss is but I'll post that section later :p

On a side note, these Jungle Tiles are frekin Gorgeous! Was fun playing with them.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tsukitsune: those waterfalls look really nice against those rocks! The path leading up to the cliff is quite cozy as well. Very jungle-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455