Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badweather4cast

Badweather4cast Master Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Freitzberg Thanks! It's supposed to look a little bit empty and wistful. And yeah, I've always liked the font (Vanessa) as well, though up until now I haven't gotten a chance to use it.

Your maps are pretty sweet, by the way, and while I feel that the non-chibi sprite flows better with the graphical style of the environment, the semi-chibi sprite has more definition and is a bit clearer. Perhaps adding just a bit more contrast (like Mlogan said) would help remove the contrasting issues you might have with the taller one.

I also like the idea of "high mana pollution." It's a concept I haven't seen yet, and it's definitely eyecatching! (I hope I'm not going too far off topic here, but...) I'm curious, does high mana pollution hurt your character at all, or impact them?

2. Ally

Ally Linked Rooms Games Founder - Fleshforward Member

First Language:
    Italy
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Rabosion, Marquise*, huubz and 10 others like this.
  3. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    All of this talk about interiors has got me wondering how I'm going to do them.

Technically, it would be useful if there were as little map changes as possible, for how my game is going to work. So it would be useful if there were no interior maps - just exterior ones that cut away when you enter a building.

Possibly something like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Amy Pond I actually really like that! However, some buildings would get too small, and you wouldn't be able to walk through it. It does look very nice visually though.

5. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    A bit small, yes.

I don't intend my players to spend much time indoors though. When they do it will likely be separate, large maps - castle interiors and such. I think the compactness could also play to my advantage, being able to show slum dwellings as literal cramped slums while expensive housing being much larger and grander.

I could also use the zoom plugin to zoom in on houses once they're entered allowing you to see more.

It will also convince me to stop filling my maps with the tiniest of houses and add some more variety.

Another quick example although the wall tops need a lot of work. It's just a real quick job to show what it'd be like. This is a guild meeting hall.

[​IMG]

Can see how as you progress through Tiben town you get from the slummy bits to the er... slightly less slummy bits.

[​IMG]

Where the houses would be a bit bigger. But that would contrast to a much richer city in general.

6. Abdulla Al-Farsi

Abdulla Al-Farsi Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
  7. J0pac

J0pac Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Amy Pond Looks cool,It's a bit small but I say go for it.I can totally see something like that in rpg maker mmo.
    Small houses with just an NPC giving quest, treasure chest etc.
    In the end it all depends on how hard would it be to set it up, I guess.I think It would be a cool and something new.

As for the town,as much as I love those buildings I hate when people, who parallax use premade buildings.That doesn't make the map bad tho,It's a nice map overall.

Few days back I've posted unfinished map.
    Here's the final version.What do you think?
    [​IMG]

Shake0615, Kvothe, flirion and 7 others like this.
  8. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It feels like it's been ages since I've been around here. Welp, tentative steps are being taken and at least the MAPPING aspect of the project is going pretty well.
    Testing the effect of the lighting script. Pretty happy with it so far, has not crashed or caused major lag. Yet :kaophew:

ligthtest.png
    (Waterfall bubble effects still missing, and sprites are subject to change)

9. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    @Indrah

Very nice, Indrah!!! I loved it!!!

10. astra_not

astra_not not astra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have all these Pixel Myth maps I made lying around so I might as well share a few of them.

roadmap.png
    forestmap.PNG
    townmap2.PNG
    townmap1.PNG

Feedback would be appreciated.

11. shadefoundry

shadefoundry Is Sinistar Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here's a small portion of the city map that my project takes place in. Just figured I'd post it here to get some feedback before I do the entire city in this style. Eventually there's plans to make the city consist of roughly 32 maps of this size (4 sets of two sided streets), with specific districts in each corner and a town square in the center to stop the player from getting too lost. Currently I'm not sure which part of the city this map sits in but I'm thinking it'll serve as some shops found in the residential district.
    [​IMG]
    As always, feedback and criticism are well appreciated :).

12. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @astra_not I love Pixel Myth. And your maps are really beautiful. Everything looks so natural. Neither empty, nor cluttered.:kaoluv:

13. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
  14. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Indrah I like your map a lot. (^_^)

My map, because I've decided that my old towers and castle exteriors were rather ... boring. Okay. But since I've been looking at my old games decided that I needed to step up my map. I got an idea from pop horror graphics to do a three window --single window castle window. (^_^)

Castle_Tiles.PNG

Marquise*, SOC, Chaos Avian and 3 others like this.
  15. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Caitlin : One of your trees, the one on top of the right side of the road, has lost a tile ;)
    Nice window you've made!

16. Indrah

Indrah Megane Berserker Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Caitlin I like the overall feel, but got a couple issues:
    >There are way too many trees, I think. I'm not too sold on their coloring compared to the grass, and maybe simply thinning out the trees would work best
    >WAYYYY too many windows, especially at the sides. The window coloring is also weirdly bright. I'd mesh it up with the wall's colors a bit.
    >The roof kind of clashes. A flat floor+border like the regular castle tile would probably look good.

Other than those nitpicks I like the rounded and economic approach to the castle. Not too ornate but diverse and interesting enough. Some of the pixelwork is still a bit shaky but that can be polished later. The color blending i'm a bit iffy on, since the grass and the castle walls are low saturation and some tiles (like the trees, columns or the tower tops) are so bright.

I realize I just went off unasked. Yikes. I LIKE the overall feel of the map, take this just as polish points, not a negative view :kaoswt2:

17. Princess Bananabelle

Princess Bananabelle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been working on a menu for my game. It's turning out surprisingly well despite my very lacking knowledge of Javascript. I edited Yanfly's save core plugin for the save screen and the book picture is from here. I haven't implemented it into my actual game yet... I'm dreading that day for fear I might break something.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Rabosion and kovak like this.
  18. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Indrah Thanks. I was never truly happy with the grass, actually and was having a bit of trouble with it. I handled the windows and redid the walls, because I noticed that there were parts that didn't look right. As for the statements, (o_o') when I get feed back I have to tell myself that it's not the end of the world. I was quite sensitive, but I have gotten better at handling feed back unlike the past. Right now, I am a bit stuck on recoloring the bushes and recoloring the grass. I might place the current map in the WIP section, actually. I just can't get it to look right.

19. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In-game screenshot of my dress-up game. This is actually so much fun to toy around with even though it only has a few options since we're still testing it.

[​IMG]
    And another:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  20. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.