Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thought I'd post a screenshot of a commission I finished. Rather proud of the result. Everything is in the same theme, including the results/level-up screen etc.

[​IMG]

Rabosion, huubz, Myst88 and 4 others like this.
  2. shadefoundry

shadefoundry Is Sinistar Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @BCj Wow that's gorgeous! Do the attack/item/magic/guard options rotate around the circle for selection?

3. Freitzberg

Freitzberg Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Just imagine the middle one as a bit bigger, forgot to reference the size while I was drawing it lol.
    I actually think i'll just go with the first one as a sprite style. I think the other two won't really look nice when they only move in 4 directions unlike the first one as they're not as... basic rpg looking?. What do you guys think?

or maybe i'm just bias 'coz it's the first one I made and it's already animated LOL

@Amy Pond That's some amazing mapping. Although if you're going with that kind of open world style thingy.. I think bigger infrastructures would be awesome.

Marquise* likes this.
  4. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Resized boss character.

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Freitzberg I think the right one suits the tiles best, mostly due to coloring. I personally like the middle one better the body has a lot of personality.

6. Heretic86

Heretic86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engrish
    Hey lookie, MOVING PLATFORMS!

[​IMG]

Less about mapping and more about an interactive environment. Like?

7. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, they do :)

shadefoundry likes this.
  8. Loppa

Loppa ☣ Town of the Dead Veteran

First Language:
    ITALY
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    New Town of the Dead Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rabosion, Marquise*, Amarok and 3 others like this.
  9. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Loppa - Usually, I like your maps and have nothing to say to help you improve them. Not this time, if I may :ninja:
    1st pic: how did they access that "roof" or pedestal or whatever in English. There are no ladders nor doors.
    And why are there two crosswalks where it doesn't even look like there's a road on the left?

2nd pic: It lacks windows in that room. It doesn't look like it's underground, I think I can see a window at the bottom of the screen. Also, with the 1 tile indentation for the entrance door, that makes the aforementioned window (if it is one) really thick.
    And I'm not sure about the many carpets in there. That looks random.

Loppa likes this.
  10. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Managed to finish another FF7 Shinra Soldier map nearly today using a lot of RPG Maker MV RTP stuff, i don't know if it looks quite right, the map is bigger and the left side is cut off, will add some characters etc. It's the Recruitment Center , at the start of the game, basically the tutorial. Thank you.

Capture8.PNG

Rabosion, Marquise* and Pern like this.
  11. Sarah_yt

Sarah_yt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My world map - creative criticism very much appreciated :)
    [​IMG]

Resources used
    • MV RTP
    • VXAce RTP
    • Shaz's Change Tilesize plugin
    • Dungeons and Volcanoes (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Creator- Sherman3D; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)
    • Pixel Myth Germania (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Artist - Lanea Zimmerman; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTDVI)
    • Ancient Dungeons Base Pack (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Artist - Celianna; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)
    • Samurai pack (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)
    • Valentine Tiles (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Creator- Sherman3D; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)
    • Arabian Nights (Developer/Artist - Lunarea; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)
    • Classic School (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Creator- Sherman3D; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)
    • Royal Tileset (Developer - ENTERBRAIN, INC; Creator- Sherman3D; Publisher - DEGICA Co., LTD)

Yusha, Rabosion, Marquise* and 2 others like this.
  12. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Sarah_yt - At first, I wondered what the light colored area in the center was before I realized it was a watermark :guffaw:

A few things I noticed with a quick look:
    Top of the map: while it's possible to have forests near deserts, it's not that often and not as luxuriant as you're showing. A transitional area, like in the top-right, would look more realistic.
    Also, having a desert next to... ice? Really? Unless it's a magic desert, that's... odd.
    Another thing, you have an oasis and a town, but not in the same place. People would tend to build their town near water whenever possible.
    Center: what is that yellow area with a small village in it? If they're fields, the covered area is huge!
    General: Rivers usually have their origins in moutains. Yours are often coming from flat lands.
    Also, no roads?

13. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I agree that it's odd, but not because of the placement. Cold deserts are actually common, however they tend to be rocky. The snow line also looks odd, like the weather completely ignored the mountains.

14. Sarah_yt

Sarah_yt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @cabfe and @Sharm - thank you so much for the critique! I'm working on fixing those (very good) points up now :D

15. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A screenshot from the classic "picture with text that explains the backstory". What do you all think?
    [​IMG]

Marquise* likes this.
  16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @GoodSelf The cliff wall on the left with the crack in it has a straight tile at the top (correct) and then switches to corner tiles lower down.
    I'm not 100% sure what you're asking us to comment on. The font is clear. err... don't know what else to say.

17. callmedan

callmedan Friendly Stranger Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    An alternate map of my game (to replace the old ugly map). What do you think? And.. Hmm.. Should I recolor the statues and maybe scale it down a bit !?
    [​IMG]

18. Outlaw-77

Outlaw-77 Lvl 9. Neet Member

First Language:
    Something
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wowo these are some talent im dealing with

here a thing im make for a contest but im not sure if i will make it in time
    [​IMG]
    there's something that bugs me about the busts i made for this critter but i cant afford to redo it again so ill just have to rollo

Marquise* and SoSick. like this.
  19. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Outlaw-77 - Is that a room? A corridor? Why are there pieces of furnitures, a sofa, a dressing table, rolled carpets... in the same place? That does not make much sense without context, in any case.
    About the bust, I find her cute in her way. Maybe the eyes are a little too bright?

20. Outlaw-77

Outlaw-77 Lvl 9. Neet Member

First Language:
    Something
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    it none of those things because its a bad map because im bad at using the royal tileos

i'll be replacing it with a proper throneroom background that'll match the style of the portrait

the eyes are bright because she's got devil eyes, which are often glaring in thet they have the black slit and are beautifully glowy
    [​IMG]
    im try to develop a style i can draw quicker than this level of detail though because i've got at least 24 busts to do for this project and less than 6 days to have it all done

once i get done with it ill go back to working on my other project full time
    [​IMG]
    based on an image i drew detailing several details in the room (that i then totally didnt crop, scale and make into tiles for the tileset itself nope i'd never do something like that ever!)

window is custom built and some of the tiles are heavily edited

it's a game based on three girls who's garments are enchanted by the spirits of four angels whom each largely resemled a bold animal, the Lunar Hare, The Solar Monkey and the Sanguine Bat and there are lots of shenanigans thats all im gon say on it right now coz otherwise well be heer all the day long

Marquise* likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.