Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here is another update on the campaign map guys, the 100 picture limit made rethink my approach, now im using individual unique sprites for each location you can visit in the game, the locations you cant visit yet look darker and monochrome.

Once you enter a city or another spot a new scene opens and you are given a set of options, im using mount and blade as my ref here, you can join factions (or form your own) to progress in the game you need to accumulate military, diplomatic and economic points, once enough points of each category are gathered a new history mission unlocks.

The rest of the map may change aswell each time a new story mission is unlocked to reflect the changes of the world during the story.

[​IMG]

@SoSick. thanks dude! those arrows teleport the player to the opposite side of the map, though there are 3 world maps in the game, earth surface, earth orbit and the moon. For your sprites, i would go with the cloud one, it fits the rest of the assets much more.

Marquise*, Kvothe, c0sa and 3 others like this.
  2. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @SoSick. I think the second battler (the one in the background) fits more to the style of the monsters (which are very cool by the way :thumbsup-left:)

3. Luiishu535

Luiishu535 Coffee Machine Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Amarok: Pretty cool!

I've been working on some Game Boy graphics lately. Still suck at pixel art, but I'm making some progress at least.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I may release these resources (minus the sprites) for free later.

huubz, Farfala, RocketKnight and 10 others like this.
  4. IttleRPG

IttleRPG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wowza @Luiishu535 the gameboy inspired graphic is DOPE! Love it!

Here's some map and battle scene from "Who's Santa", which inspired much by 90's Arcade & Comical expression!

You can see more of it from our less-than-1-minute trailer within "Who's Santa" GreenLight page!

sc7.jpg

sc5.jpg

5. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Luiishu535 I like those graphics, as they make good maps! (^_^)

Me: On the other hand, I have been playing around with RPG Maker MV and blown away. I still love the layering and here, I thought I'd never get to play around with it. My first non-demo map. Of course, I always thought that Pandamaru's stump always reminded me of Oracle of Season for some reason, but that just might be me, of course. (^.^)

First_None_Demo_Map.PNG

SOC, Marquise*, AllyJamy and 5 others like this.
  6. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @IttleRPG I really like your style. The game looks like a lot of fun. :kaojoy:

7. esby

esby eejit Veteran

[​IMG]
    @Caitlin - i think the tower on top of the wall and the one rtp tree look a little odd but i like the map

SOC, LMichelle, Marquise* and 4 others like this.
  8. Crazy_Leen

Crazy_Leen Secretly a Teddybear ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @esby
    It's cute! I love the DS resources >W<

I've been doing some mapping (both in RPG Maker and in my grafic program) again lately when I'm bored after work.
    I made this one for a challange at one of the german forums I'm in, which just asked for a snowy map but hey, that would be boring!
    We need some drama! What exactly happened is unknown, but it obviously was bad.

[​IMG]

9. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Crazy_Leen now I am curious to find out... Maybe they were dating in the woods when that monster showed up, the guy died protecting the girl, and then the girl, in the middle of the fury, ended the monster's life as well. Who knows....
    Can someone give me your opinion on my map? It still is kinda blank, but I wanted some opinions on what to do in the water. So, please ignore the missing life above the water XD
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

RocketKnight likes this.
  10. Solwern

Solwern Dead person. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do game videos count? How is the intro video for my game PSI Magic looking?

Marquise* and Leanne like this.
  11. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New level for Save Your Mother which will be a free update.

[​IMG]

Marquise*, Leanne, jjbones123 and 3 others like this.
  12. slimeborgi

slimeborgi Extra! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For my DQ Fan Game I've took a newer route with the mapping.
    I've gone in the vein of DQ5 (SNES) and having building walls slightly taller and added in actual outdoor castle to enter. This game also featured shadows on buildings and I tried adding those in manually.
    [​IMG]
    I'll probably end up changing the style of the bricks/ground tiles to look much more detailed. These are acting as place holders until I figure out the quickest way of doing this. (I don't want it to look like DQ3 remake that looked almost like they ported the graphics from the SNES)

I'm also making custom Battle backs that still retain a GBC style in terms of color and implemation.
    [​IMG]
    I'll post the other ones I finish later.

Thoughts?

13. IttleRPG

IttleRPG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thoughts? It's Awesome! Like it so much!

and @mara_vertin , many thank for your kind word! Here's the game's Greenlight page, which have more screenshots and here the trailer showing more of the game! Cheers! P.S: I hope it's good to post here, since most of'em is map/battle in-game scene in the trailer?

Marquise*, jjbones123 and slimeborgi like this.
  14. slimeborgi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Very interesting, I love the comic book style in battle. Almost reminds me of All Caps music video in game form.

edit
    in the forest with crazed critters
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. Verador

Verador Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello, Its been a while since I've posted here but here is a map to a project that I am currently working on. Please let me know what you think. This is using mainly Celianna's Ancient Dungeons.
    [​IMG]

16. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Verador looks really nice! I like the layout of everything, it's not boring at all, and each spot is interesting. The only thing you're missing, are shadows next to the cliffs, because some parts ends up looking fuzzy, so they don't look like a cliff, but just some grass. You're parallaxing anyway, just add some black near the right side of the cliffs :)

17. IttleRPG

IttleRPG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And I thought your signature is posted here @Celianna , so amazingly gorgeous.

18. SomaelCK

SomaelCK Lv 99 Simple Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @slimeborgi Wow! Amazing job! You retain the charm of DQ of NES era well. The map reminded me of the first town in DQ4. Nostalgic moment for me :D

Okay, while doing my current game project, One Loves the Sunset, I've got the idea to port the previous game, Wanda to MV and release to multiple platforms. Instead of making a direct port, I've decided to remake the entire game from scratch, with better visual quality, deeper gameplay and smooth pacing.

Here is the screenshot of the very first map of Wanda Remake.

[​IMG]

Compared to the original one, I'd say it is a great improvement.

[​IMG]

Please have a look and let me know what you think of it.

19. slimeborgi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Showing how I'm changing the graphics, I'm making a much better tileset using the style found in the Dragon quest monsters gbc games.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I may do away with the shadows since they didn't really exist in gbc games (unless it was a tile shaded differently to be )

SOC, jjbones123, kovak and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, since this is the screenshot topic, not the resource WIP topic, I'd better keep my option to the mapping.

A functional castle wouldn't have windows on the first floor, far too dangerous. I like the inversion of which parts stick in or out, it feels more realistic. The balcony has a mapping error, to get it to match up you either need to make the floor a tile deeper or remove a tile of depth from the wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.