Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solwern

Solwern Dead person. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow... well this is really good and really bad for several reasons.

The Good:
    - The attempt to give a top down perspective is easily recognized with the expanded opening ceiling going towards a smaller floor. Excellent!
    - The mat is ok for the simple design, the detail put into it with the shading and the solid border to distinguish it makes it really nice
    - The calendar is a cool thing too but my nitpick would be to make it unrecognizable as it can give the impression that it'd be the same day everyday in your game (Unless it is short of course!)

The Bad:
    - The chair looks like it has fallen flat on the floor (Not sure if intentional or not but your gfx style make it hard to determine)
    - The bed makes it hard to see where the mattress begins. May I recommend you change the shading of the pillows and add some detail to the mattress itself?
    - I am not sure if the paper is on the table or on the floor, again you need to work on shading here because it is hard to recognize.

Overall, great attempt, no one can really go this far making the entire game out of their own drawn graphics so kudos to you! Good luck!

TheAnnoyingBox likes this.
  2. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

Posting here because I'm not really sure if this merits its own topic, but I'm looking for ideas on how someone would map a kind of steppe...a grassland area with no trees. I did this just now in like 10 minutes, it's a lot smaller than I would need but figured I'd first look for feedback. I think adding more elevation would make it a "better" map, but would take away from the kind of map it's supposed to be....the party is supposed to be wandering through a flat grassy valley, looking for an encampment.

Attached Files:

3. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Play with elevations - so have some 2 height cliffs, and 1 height cliffs to create a sense of wildness. Right now it looks more like a battleback due to the linearity and straightness of it.

4. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Map 1 of 4 for my micro game! Had fun figuring out my key locations (cave entrance, character entrance, and resting point) and then structuring everything around it for some fun atmosphere.
    [​IMG]

SwiftSign likes this.
  5. callmedan

callmedan Friendly Stranger Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I bought the AD Jungle pack last year but I totally forgot trying it, so I did it today. Those tiles are so gorgeous :kaoluv:
    I'm gonna use these for the final "chapter" of my project. Well.. The final boss is around there XD
    [​IMG]

Lycanimuss, somenick, flirion and 4 others like this.
  6. Alex Nearwoods

Alex Nearwoods Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

Blair Pendragon and anonamix like this.
  7. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It'd be good to add in a little variety in the ground cover itself, maybe imply some direction for the player. A little clumping would also help. I'm not a fan of the mixed pixel sizes.

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  8. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Been awhile since I last post a screenshot of my project. I have too much things need to be done recently. I don't have much time to work on my project but It still get some progess :3
    [​IMG]

9. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh my god that's so adorable. I love all the animals and the art style overall :kaoluv:

dsiver144 likes this.
  10. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you very much! :kaojoy:
    Maybe I need more advices from you guys :3

11. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    In all physical manuals I had borrowed and read from the 30's to the 80's Metropolis has always been made and presented first at the UFA Palatz in 1926 but half the funds from US Parafumet made it clear that it was to be heavily cut and edited to be mocked as as less than a third of the length and meaning in the US. You want an ol'geezer on the forum to get a stroke you continue the Wiki and IBDM misinformations. Enough that a 2000's movie director from my place was publicly humiliated in a game show a few years ago by telling the release date of his own movie and getting the answer wrong even if he was the one depositing the project and getting the funds and book premiere! Please... That IS the reason I get paranoid on the internet. Folks calling informed folks ignorant for things they studied for more than 20 years or done by themselves and... just to go with the flow... not being certain anymore if they really copyrighted at the said date. (Best way to get stolen and accused of plagiarism! Wouldn't sign a rent for the next year I need an apartment but might get in court for it been proven via internet that I just did. o_O )

RocketKnight likes this.
  12. thepsyche

thepsyche Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that.

IAmJakeSauvage and Marquise* like this.
  13. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let's not venture off topic please :)

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Sorry! Kinda... well... let's call it my kryptonite! ;)

15. RionFish

RionFish Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made some changes to the town map part I showed before (moved some things around), and finished mapping out the main character's home.

[​IMG]
    Upon looking at this here, I realized I still need to fill in the windows for the main character's house and the neighbor's house that you can later enter (lower left).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the only map not parallax.

[​IMG]
    As a note with this map, the wall to the main character's bedroom is opaque until you enter the door, then it changes to this mostly transparent view.

Chaos Avian, Marquise* and kovak like this.
  16. AllyJamy

AllyJamy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First time I've actually posted a screenshot of my game. But yeah here's the Imperial city Kinallen, the south gate. From my game: Afterfall.
    [​IMG]

dsiver144 and Marquise* like this.
  17. Celianna

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RionFish I really like the kitchen design there, with the pillar/counter combo. I don't think the window make sense though, if there's still a room behind it (windows only go on the outer walls). You don't want to look into your bedroom from the kitchen after all.

18. RionFish

RionFish Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @AllyJamy I like it! The only nitpick I have is that the white flower in the middle seems very out of place as far as the color palate goes. Is that intentional?

@Celianna Haha, there's no room. That door beside the kitchen leads out to the alley behind the house. Thanks for the feedback though!

19. Celianna

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still totally RPG Maker MV:

Mute it if the high ping sfx annoys you haha.

20. AllyJamy

AllyJamy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @RionFish Ah! Well spotted. No not really intentional, I just hadn't changed all the sprites in my tileset to the colors in the new region. I'll fix that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.