Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lithalean still looking super cool! You're breaking the engine. :kaojoy:

This scene took me so long to get right (at first it kept bugging out and wouldn't let the player reselect their choices etc. but that's only because I'm dumb sometimes)!

2. huubz

huubz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looking pretty dayum good! It really shows that you're putting a lot of effort on this game, so hats off to ya!

Hopefully we'll get to play it at some point :)

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  3. IAmJakeSauvage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Of course! :kaocry:

4. Lithalean

Lithalean Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Amarok
    • I love the detail in the floors. Nice! As for starting your parallax mapping... welcome to the winning team.:D
    • I used to use a number of mapping systems, Soulpour's included. @Quxios makes tools to go along with his plug-ins. Check out Qmap.
    • QMovement will give you glorious pixel movement, and then only your events will be restricted by the Grid. QMovement also gives you pixel based map transfers, as opposed to the limited 48x48 the Grid limits you to.
    • I used to use Galv's Plugin also, but then I started using Qsprite by @Quxios. The capability differences are massive! Idles/Expressions...
    @IAmJakeSauvage
    LOL. I prefer "having it reach its full potential". Also @Quxios deserves a large amount of credit for what I've been able to accomplish. It's @Quxios who is "jailbreaking" the MV Javascript Engine. I don't mean to sound like some @Quxios groupie, but his plugins are just superior. What they enable the user to do is just unmatched. Period! Thats just his plugins. Once you factor in @Quxios 's cross platform (and open source) external tools... QMap destroys Sakan, and its Free!
    Go to his QPlugins page, and check out a video I posted about how I do my QMap development. Even a more top down approach can be unleashed with QMap.

IAmJakeSauvage and Amarok like this.
  5. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Lithalean whoa thanks a lot for those recommendations, you solved a lot of my problems in one comment haha i have taken a look at @Quxios stuff, the pixel movement and the Y scale for sprites are glorious! only thing i noticed is that Galv diagonal pluging doesnt seem to work along with those.

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  6. Lithalean

Lithalean Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Amarok
    QMovement has a diagonal option in it. QSprite can do diagonal sprites. QSprite has a tool you can use. It's more than just for your character sprites too. A QSprite time-lapse video is the next I'm making for Quasi. Also, I noticed you're using "place holder" sprites while you figure out your mapping. Might I suggest the game YS: Oath of felghana for your temp sprites. You can find those over at Spriters-Resource Dot Com

Amarok likes this.
  7. nkuroo

nkuroo Villager Member

First Language:
    Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi i'm new here
    So here here my map using default tileset.. what do you guy thinks?
    [​IMG]

CallMeKerrigan, SoSick. and Amarok like this.
  8. shadefoundry

shadefoundry Is Sinistar Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So I'm playing around with 2003's tiles in VXA and decided to experiment with slightly transparent water over a moving parallax to get a sky reflection effect. I think it looks pretty good.
    [​IMG]

9. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    It's so subtle it's barely noticeable... maybe lower the transparency?

Ad some roundness to the sand or at least patch the edges looks too flat and square.

Marquise* and Guiguimu like this.
  10. Slimsy Platypus

Slimsy Platypus Veteran Veteran

Well I'm back at it with a new project. I'm working on getting everything functional and just got one of my first world maps finished. Let me know what you guys think! (it's a work in progress still :) )

[​IMG]

Leanne, SoSick. and Guiguimu like this.
  11. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @nkuroo I like the idea - I think you're making an apartment building with balconies, right? Then the wall that's above the greenish rooftop (the one without any windows) needs to be deleted. There's no way people's apartments span two stories, or have no windows at all if this was a single apartment. It would probably work out better if you moved the rooftop to be directly below the balcony of the previous apartment.

nkuroo likes this.
  12. IAmJakeSauvage

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Was playing around with Moghunter's HUD plugin today and I'm really happy with what I was able to come up with. :kaothx:

Note: Don't mind those skill descriptions - I was just testing out the text boxes and forgot to remove them. :kaoswt:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  13. huubz

huubz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Fading out the ship lights after landing, but is it too subtle? I don't want it to pop out too much, but I wonder if a player even notices it as it is now? :|

14. SomaelCK

SomaelCK Lv 99 Simple Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @huubz nice map! I love the ambience effect and the map is overall, very great!
    Love that door effect.

Trying to test dash button for mobile build for Wanda Remake. Do you think the button location is okay?
    [​IMG]

15. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It should be on the other side, the bottom left should be only for directions. Otherwise it interrupts flow when actually using the controls on a phone.

AllyJamy, SomaelCK and IAmJakeSauvage like this.
  16. huubz

huubz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I agree with Sharm, but if you can't move while toggling dash then maybe it's not an issue if the button is on left side.

SomaelCK likes this.
  17. SomaelCK

SomaelCK Lv 99 Simple Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now that I think of it, it is indeed weird to put it on left-hand side. I will try placing at the right-hand side.

huubz likes this.
  18. slimeborgi

slimeborgi Extra! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Deciding to redo the World Map along with the other maps also.
    I'll have two versions of the game. The better looking tileset will have larger maps for the towns and such.

Old map of Rock Pass
    [​IMG]
    New Map
    [​IMG]

Various Areas on the world map
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Slimsy Platypus

Slimsy Platypus Veteran Veteran

@IAmJakeSauvage I absolutely love your Battle UI. It looks really good, but if I was to nit pick I'd say say your text used for damage seems a little inconsistent with the style of your command window and battle status window. Also, your spark spell effect follows that same suit as well with the rest of the look and feel. Regardless, looks very cool, well done!

@huubz The fading of those lights on the ship is a great touch, very cool. Though I would agree that it is a bit subtle. Being that they are on the edge of the map as well, the player is likely going to move down and may not notice them. Maybe make them a bit faster or add a flicker to draw attention (a rapid decrease then flare-up maybe)? Just thinking out loud. Also, both the ship interior and exterior look so great, very cool!

I've been working through the general look and feel of my recent project. I've stumbled upon an interesting look, though I'm not sure if it will clash with my fantasy theme. Always happy to hear people's thoughts!

[​IMG]

20. HasdrubalBarca

HasdrubalBarca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Trying my hand at an outside map.
    [​IMG]

Dragonarkon and Marquise* like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.