huubz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I'll try to redo the whole thing a bit and try to see if I can edit some tiles to get some kind of engine looking thing out there.

Sadly the tileset doesn't include the monitor facing any other way and I also have an interactable event behind the monitor (the panel), so it will have to do :)

Thanks again dudes and/or dudettes!

nkuroo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again~
here the first floor of the apartment/idk what i want to called it
ps: inspired by an image that i found on google

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why are there two dining rooms? If it's meant to be an apartment complex with a front desk in the middle then you would need to have some privacy between the two apartments and the public area. If it's meant to be a whole floor public area then the two clocks don't work at all and it would have couches along the wall. I like the office area.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Akumai - I'd make the reflection at a lower opacity, but it's a good idea to have added a blur effect.
I think, however, that there is a lamp (just right of the furniture) that is reflected on the floor, but doesn't exist.
And to be nitpicky, the furniture itself cannot reflect its top... but I guess nobody will notice/care.
Also, I think that the light reflection would look better more diffused (blurred) and less visible on the bottom part.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Akumai @cabfe makes a good point; you cannot see the top of the furniture in the reflection. The reflection is nice looking, but you'll want to cut it off riiiight as the top of the furniture is showing, just erase it with a very soft brush so it'll blend in nicely. That said, it looks like a really nice map! Perhaps some wall lamps next to the doors? People would like to have light near an entrance/door.

RionFish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@huubz It definitely sells that engine room feel, but something about the rotating circle drum looks off perspective to me. I don't know what it is, perhaps the shape of the wall above it? Or maybe the shadows on it's top. I'm not certain, but somehow my brain is going all optical illusion on it and refusing to see it as coming out of the wall, instead thinking it's dropped from the ceiling. Otherwise extremely cool.

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New try at the ship engine room. Pretty happy with the result :)
This looks way better and much more like an actual engine room. I like.

huubz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@RionFish I totally see what you mean. I think I got it fixed now, just gotta add the fixes to the animation etc also. Your feedback is super helpful, so thanks again! (even though I'm so done with this map and would love nothing more than move on already :D)

Last edited:

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just finished a ballroom. What do you think?
Oh, btw those candles are floating in the air (in case you want to ask why I placed them there :kaoswt:)

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just finished a ballroom. What do you think?
Oh, btw those candles are floating in the air (in case you want to ask why I placed them there :kaoswt:)
I was about to comment on the candles - but that's cool! :3

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@callmedan - it looks... dark. Dismiss what I'm saying if it's intended that way, but usually a ballroom is where people entertain themselves. It's often luxurious and with bright colors.

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@IAmJakeSauvage Thanks! The flying candles in Harry Potter inspired me XD
@cabfe Yeah, I was about to make it darker XD Because it's in a evil castle :kaoswt:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Here's a room from the main hero's castle, a sorta storage room. The bottom left is empty because playing a tune on piano makes a secret staircase appear that leads to treasure room.

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@huubz I'm loving your screenshots! Your engine room looks great, but I agree that there is a bit of a perspective issue with the spinning pieces in the center.

What does everyone think for these map options? I'm on the fence on these:

ashikai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Slimsy Platypus I'm more partial to the top one... but if you have a map where players can unlock locations, you could always use the bottom option as places that the player can see but not travel to.

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Slimsy Platypus I'd definitely go for the first coloured version. Being a place of significance it grabs your attention quicker than the second image where it seems to blend into the background somewhat. It looks awesome, great work either way~

RionFish

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Slimsy Platypus I prefer the second one, but I think that's because something about the color palette of the first one doesn't jive with me.

@RocketKnight I like both versions of your map, but for different reasons. They feel as though they're from two different genre'd games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, now back in action Happy Christmas time, coming back!

Back in action to develop the indie game that has been long overdue... Final Fallacy. A game that keeps on giving! The development never ends as the developer thinks to be the smart cookie by coming back and beginning by saying... "Oh bother, this indie game has been long overdue..." How could one resist such? No-one c
So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:
To whom ever person or persons who re-did the DS/DS+ asset packs for MV (as in, they are all 48x48, and not just x2 the pixel scale) .... THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!! XwwwwX
It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
averofy