Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @IAmJakeSauvage Thanks! I kept thinking that area looks a bit weird, but I wasn't sure what I could add that wouldn't invade the extra walking space. More carpet is the perfect solution :kaoluv:

2. Starke

Starke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh how I longed for a thread like this, can't believe I just now figured out about it.

Here's a few maps I created for my game Fleeting Iris, I'd appreciate any sort of feedback, positive, negative, be brutal about it, I just want to improve! Keep in mind some events are out of place or don't have the right "clip", the mapshots script does that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shugo, Marquise*, Chaos Avian and 2 others like this.
  3. Szaleczka

Szaleczka Warper Member

A map made for a cutscene for my game, Aven.

[​IMG]

EDIT:
    @cabfe it is intended. It's just how flowers looks in this part of world, but trees... trees are big just like real trees in a forest imo.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  4. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Szaleczka - Is it intended that the player looks like a lilliputian in this map? The flowers and trees look much bigger than him, proportion-wise.

5. slimeborgi

slimeborgi Extra! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Monster Ranch In the works features a house and the monsters quarters.
    upload_2017-5-14_14-46-58.png
    The monster pick up/drop off processing. I think I'll have it display an image of the monster stored and it's level when you select it's name.
    [​IMG]

Marquise*, Chaos Avian and Amarok like this.
  6. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Starke: The mapping itself isn't bad at all at first glance. However, it's kind of sloppy.
    Map one - it's very big, but the middle area is completely empty. It's a restaurant, so why are the tables restricted like that? Maybe put more to the middle or even decrease the size of the map.
    Map two - toilet room? Well, looks ok. However, what is that toilet up there for? I mean, you have section for men, section for women... And one toilet for disabled people... And one toilet for nobody? Then a storage room and a shower room... Illogical, since shower rooms (for who anyway) are very humid and storage rooms needs to be dry.
    As for the hospital, have you ever seen a hospital up close? Cars, people, visitors, patients, ambulances,... Whatever. But it's rowdy and crowded. People come and go... Maybe you can try to open some windows too. Otherwise it looks very bland (so again unnecessarily huge). Then the area in front of the hospital looks kinda sloppy regarding realism. It's a dead end, yet there's a bus stop, 4 taxis and 4 normal cars... Where in the world does the bus turn around? I would understand all those cars, since cars are more maneuverable, but I definitely don't want to try that. The last thing I want to do with my birth giving wife is trying to park a car in the opposite direction.
    There's nothing bad to say about map 4. But you can again play more with the school, open some more window... Otherwise it's unnecessary to show such a huge school if it's going to have a monotonnous pattern. Maybe also decorate some windows with flowers.
    Map 5 looks like a disco bar to me. It has two cashiers, one who serves drinks and one who does whatever... But again, such a bland disco bar? Also, I'm not too sure about the vending machines regarding realism. Disco bars refrain from vending machines, because they want to sell their stuff.. At least in my country.
    Map 6.. Such a huge map... And a modern train. But where is everyone? Again, lots of empty space.
    Map 7 looks fairly good. Just the bathroom is too huge (for our country's standards though, not sure how is it in other countries) and a TV definitely should NOT be facing the wall (unless there are naughty children). And the half closet looks kind of weird next to the full closet.. Also, the kitchen could use some more furniture for food. You have a fridge for cold food, but what for bread and other stuff that needs warm storage?
    I'll keep out of any comments on the last map though, because I don't have any idea about beaches.

Starke likes this.
  7. Starke

Starke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    1) Dancing area. Might just add more tables and make it a live music thing only.

2) The other toilet is for employees, the bathroom is for a scene, the glass is see-through, it's also employers only.

3) Yeah... I need to make a place for the bus to be able to rotate and populate it a lot more, thanks for the suggestion!

4) There's one window for each room on the inside. The blocked window is for a specific classroom, part of the story.

5) It was meant to be cigar vending machines, that was the closest I could find, I'll probably make one myself. There's two people at the bar because discos get crowded, sometimes you have three or more barman/barmaid.

6) Yeah, pretty empty now that I consider it, adding NPC's is kinda dull because all of my NPC's in like 50 maps have dialogue.

7) Agree with you on the bathroom, will look into fixing it somehow. LMAO, just noticed the TV thing.

8) Alrighty ^_^

Thanks for the tips!

8. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

Switzerland (but originally from Germany)
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Love that map! And the lighting. Very nice atmosphere.
    The statue is really well done and fits the scenery.

9. huubz

huubz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Szaleczka Awesome map! Really like how well the background image blends in to the map!

10. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think that some people here remember an old Project of mine called "The Last Princess"
    Well...it suddenly turned into vikings invading the East with fantasy
    This is what happens when you need to practice your logos and you end up with this...without cleanning up

heavensblood.jpg

11. Slimsy Platypus

Slimsy Platypus Veteran Veteran

@Szaleczka Your map is phenomenal looking! That lighting is very beautiful.

@kovak I love that logo. Color pallet is great. Very cool!

Now for me, I haven't had much new to post in a little bit (which makes me sad because I love this thread!). But I've been slowly piecing everything together and am finally getting into the meat of being able to add content. Here's a general walk through of the menu system I've been fleshing out. I can't wait to show you guys more when it's ready!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

huubz, Shugo, Marquise* and 4 others like this.
  12. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thx @Slimsy Platypus but i've changed it a lot but i won't be posting it today.

I'd replace some icons on Library Menu, i'm pretty sure that you've figured something like this as well:
    • Heroes - A armor or a couple of hands holding weapons doing a three musketeers pose cuz would look badass
    • Legendary Items - Some legendary items instead would catch my eyes
    • Locations - An map that looks like a scroll half open

13. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Getting close to Kickstarter/Greenlight, it'll happen in literal days. In meantime, have at thee Gameplay trailer I whipped up.

14. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here is another update on my map, at first i went for a 16 bit snes aesthetic, but with pixel movement and collision maps avaiable i really want to experiment with different perspectives, like the pre rendered backgrounds in psx rpgs (only painted instead of 3d in my case)
    [​IMG]
    @Tuomo L good luck with the kickstarted/greenlight, the game looks great, i also love how speedy battles seem to be.
    @Szaleczka really cool mapping!

RocketKnight, Lithalean and Marquise* like this.
  15. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Amarok - The map looks nice. The character looks nice.
    Both at the same time... sort of clash. Like having a high res character on a low res background, not to mention the different painting styles.
    Try and see with a lower resolution char sprite. I think it'll surprisingly look better overall.

Amarok likes this.
  16. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, battles can get very speedy but some of that came from video editing (only 50% increase in speed though) since I didn't want to bore the viewers and wanted to show the crafting and such in the context. After all, it was just a simple battle against one enemy.

Amarok likes this.
  17. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L ah i see, still i like the speed, reminded me a bit of the old suikoden games.

@cabfe thanks for the crit! my idea was to get the aesthetic from old cartoons/anime where you can clearly see the difference between whats going to be animated and what not, but maybe i was a bit blinded by nostalgia haha. I will try another sprite with a painted style like the bg.

18. MacheteLove

MacheteLove Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So... I'm using Yanfly's Grid-free Doodads plugin.
    I wanted to add a huge tree as a focal point to the story/entrance to a dungeon.
    I just put the tree down, and I think it may look ridiculous with the way the pixels are blown out.
    Opinions?

Attached Files:

Marquise* likes this.
  19. Myst88

Myst88 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A waterfall in a forest.
    [​IMG]

20. PhotonDragon13

PhotonDragon13 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MacheteLove
    In my opinion, it does look a little weird. If it's possible, you could try adding more detail to the tree to make it less "blown out". If not, I would maybe suggest finding another tree in that style that fits the size you want. It's just an opinion though, it's your game, so it's your decision :kaothx:

Last edited: May 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.