mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MacheteLove I've merged your topic with Game & Map Screenshots.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@esby (o.o) Very nice from the way it is done and the graphics... ^_^

I have decided to work on my mapping style from the typical style of dungeon, town mapping to a sort of Final Fantasy Tactics mapping only without the isometric part. I will have to do edits for the path and a couple of things for the exterior. I am a bit concerned about how I am going to do the exits and such, but I will figure that out. (I'll have to) I am concerned if I got the height correct or not, but as this is a test map, I hope I did.... Graphics by @Avery

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@just1witness - Maybe because I'm not a native English speaker, or simply because of the font used, but I find it hard to read. The voluntarily made spelling errors don't help either.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cabfe

Yeah, it has been hard to find the balance between "hard to read 5 yr old writing" and "impossible to read who cares what it is writing" This is a portion of NPC character development and doesn't HAVE to be read, so I'm not OVERLY concerned with the difficulty. That being said I've already gone through two font changes to better balance it and will likely continue to tweek it.

After thought: It's also bigger and more clear in game. For some reason I couldn't upload the full size version.

Last edited:

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your lighting needs some work, but you´re on the right track. That said, nice screen shot.

Annastasija

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah it's a little intense I guess.. I was trying to make the house look dark.. I need more practice with photoshop.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Meging this with 'Game and Map Screenshots' which is where feedback on maps is given.

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah it's a little intense I guess.. I was trying to make the house look dark.. I need more practice with photoshop.
The intensity is not the problem, I think.
Sometimes intense light effects can lead the player to a specific point without making him feel forced.
But try to soften the edges of your lights. Light doesn't just "stop", it fades into olbivion (wow, a poet here, albeit a bad one).
Even if the fading happens over a very short distance there's almost never a clear edge to light falling through a window.
In way, this also applies to your lamp lights. Try to make the light gradually fade out and not use these "areas" that are present now.
(Might also just be the resolution of the uploaded image, though.)
Also, why is the light from your window so "pointy"? Is someone shining a flashlight through the window?

Apart from that, I like your map. Altough, I would maybe shorten the corridor a bit or add some details to it.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel like my maps are really bland and there's not much color. I'm trying to make it look darker because it's set on the inside, but it's a little bit harder to do that. I tried adding pollution but I feel like something's missing.

apocalypse.PNG
apocalypse2.PNG

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KerriganSaila well one issue I spot right away - you have no lights! I can see a billboard in your second screenshot with lights that are supposed to be on, but your entire screen is dark. There are also neon signs in your first screenshot that are off as well - you need some lights! If you don't want to use a light effects plugin, I recommend using a picture to lay over the map (since it is unaffected by the tint), but you'll need to lock the picture to the map though which requires another plugin. You can add the neon lights to this image :)

JackCL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
So, I just made these map today... wondering if they are any good.. Or if anyone has any tips.View attachment 64579
((oops, forgot to get rid of the event letter in the dark lol))
Amazingly beautiful tiles. But there is a typical mistake with carpets, which should go under the bottom wall.

In addition, the carpet and fireplace are a flammable combination. Near the fireplace should be a metal floor (and a protective screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
Just got MV and am working on porting over my new game from VX Ace to it! I haven't done much with my new game so it should be pretty quick.
I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lacy