mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seeing these screenshots, and comparing it to mine, makes me just want to quit developing games.

Let it inspire you instead. I used to a lot - and still do to some extent - come through here, find maps I liked and tried to recreate them. It really, really helped me get a better sense of how to lay things out, how to work with proper sizing (empty maps is the #1 rookie mistake, imo), how to get just enough clutter without it being too much, etc.

@Dizzledorfs It's definitely an improvement - that resizing definitely can mess with you. There is still a something about it though, perhaps it's what Ms Littlefish suggested.

@Reapergurl I really love the UI. I didn't see it before, but this is lovely.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kovak I think what could possibly help out your title screen is to use up more of the negative space. That could be done by making the text larger or by introducing a new design element to the screen.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's somenthing i need to practice and study :v

huubz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
@kovak I agree with Ms Littlefish that you maybe could increase the title size a bit, but other than that I like it!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Amy Pond
I really like the UI! The only thing that bothers me are the rat icon and the dark helmet, they do not share the same palette and outline color as the other icons. I'd recommend to swap the colors instead of recoloring the whole icon.
I quickly made those possible replacements, you can use them if you want :)
57d4ibr9.png

@kovak
I think a fitting border might helpt you with the empty space. I don't know the theme of you game, but the title looks like a flickering tv... so maybe the border of a monitor as overlay?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kovak I dunno, I really like the simplicity of it. I think all I would do is enlarge all the text just a bit as Ms Littlefish suggested.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Some parts of it were a bit tricky for me to put together but I think it's the best title screen I've ever made for a project. The project is called 'Sin Tax - Welcome to the USB', which is a play on Syntax, but is also a real word. It refers to the tax on unwanted items like alcohol or cigarettes. I'm still doing planning and such so I won't share much else information about the project for now.

The title screen and the saving/loading will be done to look like someone is using a computer. I'm writing this into my project as the main character saving a text document of his as the means of saving the game.

Last edited:

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it looks great! Looks like there is a great attention to detail and the animation is nice and fluid.

It shows that you put a lot of effort into it. :)

Ally

Linked Rooms Games Founder - Fleshforward
Reaction score
First Language
Italy
Primarily Uses
RM2k

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lee Sang I'm very curious to know how did you do that o.o Very good to the eyes!

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Lee Sang - TwwT the destruction is soooo beautiful!! I wanna learn how to do that!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks good, but does not belong in this forum which is specifically not for feedback on individual projects.

You can either have this moved to Resource Support or I can merge this with game and map screenshots. Lease confirm which you want to do so that this thread can be moved or merged.

Thanks

directed at AdamSakura's post, before it was merged; this edit by mlogan so things make sense :D

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AdamSakuru Actually Resource Support is not for individual feedback topics either, only for getting help creating game related things. So I'm going to go ahead and merge it with the Screenshot topic.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PandaMaru Fun! This is an amazing use of the world map tiles. The difference in scale really gives the feeling that you're flying high in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap