Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well.. the reason it's supposed pointy is it's suppose to be light rays shining into the dark dusty house ... and they we highlighting areas like you said. ... I tend to like really intense light beams.. I guess I watched to many JJ abrams movies:p
He sure loves his lensflares :ehappy:.
Still, I think you should try to broaden the light fall. This way, it looks unnatural, imho. Plus, the window doesn't fit the light coming in.
It seems to be dark outside or at least the sun isn't showing. That makes it look even more like someone is shining a flashlight through it.
Can you make them look a bit lighter? I think that would make the beams less unreal.

These are just my thoughts, so there's no obligation on your side. To do what I say. :ewink:

King Gerar

Sword of the Morning
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An amazing map, @Nicke ! I just would place more lighting on the crystals, even because the mine has "Crystal" in name, then they deserve highlight. My opinion, of course.

Well, I bring a little tavern from a simple city. It's raining and the moon is in the middle of sky. The innkeeper washes the cups to go sleep, as whole city already is doing.

Last edited:

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've tried to make a worldmap without using any tilesets. It should look like it is an actual drawn worldmap. I'm not sure, but something is still missing ^^° There are a few things I still want to add though (like small sprites that indicate you can enter that location).

Kvothe

The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BlackRoseMii : I think that is coming be nice, your world map draw... but, I think also that you can improve him, if u wanna, I can send for u by M.P, several cartography maps for reference.
[hr]
Check out some updates from a game that I'm helping to do.

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@King Gerar I love your map! With the tileset and the light effects (and your mapping skills of course) you created a great atmosphere. Looks like a thieves tavern. Super interesting.:kaojoy:

Kvothe

The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A
I open my Photoshop and I start to imaginate how would be if the current GUI of the MV, were make by me: So, was this that exited...

Lithalean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kvothe
Yes, I did something similar. Although, mine had the toolbar running vertical on the left just like in photoshop.
What our ideas had in common, are the monochromatic icons.
Anything outside of monochromatic icons for a toolbar is just bad design!
Clearly, the UI designer for MV was channeling their inner 5 year old, when designing the crayola icon garbage MV unfortunately ships with!

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small progress on the main project, formely known as Project Timeless (i need to trademark the new one yet)...the one whose database got corrupted to the point where even the backup files got corrupted. I'm glad that this just affected scripts who were changed when the project was saved.

No custom stuff besides the windowskin yet

menusample.png

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kvothe and @Lithalean Please remember that this thread is for maps and game screenshot only. Maybe something for General Lounge?

Kvothe

The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kes : Sorry about this, I forget of this. Well, to don't make a "empty" comment.

@kovak : Your menu makes me remeber of Earthlock. Well, I think that is gonna pretty well, keep in good work

Unmith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An amazing map, @Nicke ! I just would place more lighting on the crystals, even because the mine has "Crystal" in name, then they deserve highlight. My opinion, of course.

Well, I bring a little tavern from a simple city. It's raining and the moon is in the middle of sky. The innkeeper washes the cups to go sleep, as whole city already is doing.
I like it, the simple style of the lights makes a comfortable atmosphere.​

I've tried to make a worldmap without using any tilesets. It should look like it is an actual drawn worldmap. I'm not sure, but something is still missing ^^° There are a few things I still want to add though (like small sprites that indicate you can enter that location).
Maybe you can play around little bit with textures, like grass, water, for the mountains and so on. But i like your layout, looks interesting for exploring.

I open my Photoshop and I start to imaginate how would be if the current GUI of the MV, were make by me: So, was this that exited...
Nice GUI, you added the buttons like Notepad, Setup by yourself? It must be very comfortable to have shortcuts to softwares
outside from RPG Maker. :ahappy:
RPGScreen1.png

Im very happy with RPG Maker MV, with the right plugins its very easy to customize everything. I used the Tiled-Plugin from
Yami and Archeia and combined different open-source resources + some tiles from RPG Maker 2003 RTP. I will add a few
decoration-tiles too, and the cutted wood need some recolor. Some tiles like the walls + windows is selfmade.
The sprite is based on a NPC from Lachsens game Velsarbor (https://www.multimediaxis.de/threads/137420-RM2K-Velsarbor-Die-letzte-Version)

If you wanna see the full map:
RPGScreen2.png

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Unmith Sadly neither of your images is showing up. Could you edit your post and try again? If you click on the 'Upload a file' button at the bottom of the post, and then click 'Insert' the image will appear wherever your cursor is.

Unmith

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Unmith Sadly neither of your images is showing up. Could you edit your post and try again? If you click on the 'Upload a file' button at the bottom of the post, and then click 'Insert' the image will appear wherever your cursor is.
Ohh, I used my own FTP-Host, but I uploaded now through your describtion, it should work now.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BlackRoseMii I think your choice of the colored version was the right one.
@Unmith Yes, showing up now. I do have one thought - under no circumstances could I ever imagine anyone having such a big tree slap up next to their window the way it is for the bottom right house. Given the depth of the portion of the house jutting forward, the back branches must be breaking in through the glass. Similarly, though not quite so extreme, with the house on the left. I did wonder at first if this was meant to be an abandoned place, so that the trees were taking over, but decided against that because the paths are too defined, and the sacks are all in perfect condition. I would thin those trees out a bit.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BlackRoseMii I love your world map- both versions! But the colored one would probably fit in a lot better.

This is my first time doing a dungeon in RPG maker. I took celianna's advice and started adding light to my maps to add value to the color.

dungeon.PNG

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@King Gerar this is very nice and clean! Which tileset out of curiosity i like the pixel work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo