Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cranky Construct The map is brilliant! However, the first thing I noticed was the character there, who looks WAY too detailed for the art style of the rest of the map. You have what, four different shades of each color throughout? I'd recommend lowering that for smaller characters and objects, like the flowers. I can only see two different shades of "white" on those. Plus the character just has a lot of detail in general.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Eviticous if you don't want critique on the map this isn't the thread to post in. Check out the Resource Support section, it's made for those types of questions.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Back with two more school designs. Which one do you guys like better? :p

I'm probably gonna end up using the first one, since I can show the laptops on every desk. Without the windows, the maps feel kinda... dark, given the colors of the tiles. :p

Eviticous

Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're room is too large, too empty and too many desks. I get that most class rooms are generally empty but this feels ... wrong.

Moonport

初心者
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Mr. Detective I actually like the first one! As for the windows, I guess you can probably draw one behind the whiteboard? Also, letting the daylight shine through the sides of the map (implying the windows are on the side walls) works too!

Here's another one of my current WIPs that just came into being for no big purpose. *sigh* For some reason my computer is lagging out whenever I try to take a screenshot so this may be a tad small... >_>

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I continue to play around with Time Fantasy... This isn't completed, I realized afterwards I forgot a few things, and I want to add a bit more to make it look less empty. Plus I haven't even touched the sourthern part of the continent.

Capture.PNG

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You're room is too large, too empty and too many desks. I get that most class rooms are generally empty but this feels ... wrong.
It's too empty, but also has too many desks? :o Well... What do you expect to see in a classroom? XD

@Mr. Detective I actually like the first one! As for the windows, I guess you can probably draw one behind the whiteboard? Also, letting the daylight shine through the sides of the map (implying the windows are on the side walls) works too!

Here's another one of my current WIPs that just came into being for no big purpose. *sigh* For some reason my computer is lagging out whenever I try to take a screenshot so this may be a tad small... >_>
Thanks. I thought about adding some light graphic as well, but not sure where to look for them yet. :p
I changed the map a little. The entrance to the class is now on the right side. I played around a bit with the laptops. XD I could increase the number of desks by adding more of them along side the walls. But perhaps that might be a bit much. :D

Is your map in Ace or MV? That bridge looks very nice. You did a good job with illustrating the cliffs. I tried to do something similar, but it didn't look as well as yours. :p

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Haydeos That's quite an improvement! GG!

@Solwern I don't have the time to fully analyze an hours's worth of gameplay, but from skimming through some bits, I can say that I like the enemy battlers quite a tad. A lot of the maps look pretty empty, especially the city towards the end. I advice you to make your maps smaller if you're finding it difficult fill the maps with either content, or other environmental details.

@SoSick. I like the clean style of your tiles! I don't know if it's my OCD, but I'm finding it a bit frustrating that the characters aren't centered. xD It's probably just my OCD, though!

@RocketKnight Looks pretty cool! The floating head at the bottom is...quite interesting in a somewhat creepy way. xD

@somenick I like the thematic idea for your dungeon, but mapping-wise, it does look a bit empty IMO. I advice you to either make the maps smaller, or add some additional details from the B-E tiles (additional ground details from A5 could also help). Also, the ship in the second screenshot is currently clashing quite a lot with the RTP graphics.

@MercuryLegba I like your palette and art style. GG!

Been experimenting a bit more with my new main, trying to diversify the locations a bit.

Still WIP, of course!

EDIT: Whoops! All of my feedback is meant for the posts on page 40. I apologize for this, I'm kind of tired. Dx

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently my phone didn't up... I already posted this. Sorry, removed!

MercuryLegba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is another work in progress shot from our ongoing project Path Out. Still some elements missing, but the direction should be clear. Map will have some fog and slightly darker tint in the end.

Moonport

初心者
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Mr. Detective I think I like your new map even better! Personally, I've been in classrooms like this, so it seems pretty real to me. As for the light sources, if you can't find one, what I usually do is draw a white circle with blurred edges in Photoshop, turn down the opacity and split it in half to be used as left side and right side lighting (just a suggestion though, since I'm pretty used to parallax mapping). Also my map is in MV and thank you for the compliments! I guess cliffs are easier to draw in parallax. :)

@Arcmagik Beautiful layout! I have the most difficulty drawing world maps so this is just amazing!

@Luiishu535 Love the details to your maps! It looks very intricate.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MercuryLegba It's off-putting that the roads are nice and smooth but the river isn't. Also, at the northern end, it kind of just... ends. And there's an abrupt transition between the grass and sand in the northern area near the end of the river. Otherwise you have a really good map there.

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
The roads are also odd since they're so curved - most roads are straight lines, especially in towns. Only when outside of towns do they wend and wind, usually to avoid obstacles like hills and rivers.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The roads are also odd since they're so curved - most roads are straight lines, especially in towns. Only when outside of towns do they wend and wind, usually to avoid obstacles like hills and rivers.
Yeah... unless the town is built in the hills and valleys... *glares at his town and all the curvy roads* My wife gets car sick atleast twice a month...

MercuryLegba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot for the feedback, you guys! Gonna set those roads straight again, at least inside of the town or make some obstacle they curve around. And remove that darn tree ;)

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey thanks @Luiishu535 , I used the quasi pixel movement or something , so there not locked to the grid :) I love the art style of your maps dude
could add some animation again somehow?
@Mr. Detective I love the map with the windows! I love seeing windows and light from maps, but the other is still nice, so to add some sort of light doodas/animation would make it look dope.
If anyone could tell me if my new character set I made looks fine in my map then that would be great..its the tallest I could go with it tbh..thanks guys...and gals :D p.s there are 4 styles in map, I'll only be sticking with one.
Capture newss.PNG

Last edited:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SoSick. - The thing that bothers me is that the heads are of different sizes. Since the guards' heads are the right proportion, that makes it even more obvious that the chibi style looks bad and unrealistic in comparison.

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cabfe sorry I forgot to mention that there are 4 different styles of character sets in this map, and this is where I have been testing them..to see what looks best, been hard getting the right head size xD most people love chibi, including me..I'll only be sticking with one style once I get some feedback on which looks best and suits the map I make. Thanks buddy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A hilarious video at the beginning

What kind of drinks does a bar populated entirely by monsters serve?
Ami
--- Cheating Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Ahh,This item really expensive!
F.Mage: What should we do?
Hero: Don't worry,i can use this (Activate 999999999G,Suddenly The Game Police Is Watching)
Game Police:Ehem!!! (I See You Gesture)
Hero: (Gulp)...Just...forget it...

Second bust is almost ready. I have to stop for now, but I wanted to show him off. Just have to do a handful of edits and the rest of his expressions will be done.
Kupotepo wrote on casper667's profile.
Thank you @casper667 for make many amazing plugins. Do you see right @hiddenone make the blogs about your plugins?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tallic