Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I want to die on purpose, I always save the game beforehand and any at least reasonably intelligent person would do it too, so don't worry about that one :)

firststef

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Hi guys!

I have something to ask you, if you would be so kynd.

What do you guys think about black and white maps?
(Using Time fantasy and something similar)

Last edited:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@firststef Time Fantasy looks more SNES/GBA to me and I don't think that black and white are the best match for it. You mentioned the characters being stick figures so maybe the sprite throws me off too? Even so, the default MV sprites are a lot more modern than the SNES style so it looks odd. You may also want to consider using a smaller resolution.

Alice's hat trick

Abraca....what was that again...?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan Whoops sorry! I have no idea there is this thread~ I thought posting in General discussion is already relative enough. (having a hard time distinguishing all these sub-categories:confused:)

Thortuga

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Now I'm really really interested in your game! Please have you published it yet?:kaohi:
No, I still am in the very early stages of making it. So far I pretty much only have one town and one mission completed. It will still be quite a while until it's anywhere near complete :/
But I'm happy to hear about your interest in it :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Alice's hat trick , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

(I know, there's a lot to learn around here. :) )

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seriously a Hitler themed Game Over screen, not even remotely funny. Nazi imagery doesn't belong here and images containing it should be removed imo.

Thortuga

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Seriously a Hitler themed Game Over screen, not even remotely funny. Nazi imagery doesn't belong here and images containing it should be removed imo.
Sorry if I violated your safe space

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thortuga I am the first one to say if that game over was relevant to your game, to keep it, but if it's not, I'd change it. Of course, there is, also, the importance that in Germany there are laws (which I will NOT be stating my opinion of these laws) make it illegal to show certain things. Since we have so many people from Germany, I would suggest that you put a warning up with said imagine in a spoiler in respect for other people. It isn't a 'safe space' issue, but more of laws. My father served in the army, so my parents told us about the laws in Germany..

Just thought you'd like to know.

Thortuga

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Thortuga I am the first one to say if that game over was relevant to your game, to keep it, but if it's not, I'd change it. Of course, there is, also, the importance that in Germany there are laws (which I will NOT be stating my opinion of these laws) make it illegal to show certain things. Since we have so many people from Germany, I would suggest that you put a warning up with said imagine in a spoiler in respect for other people. It isn't a 'safe space' issue, but more of laws. My father served in the army, so my parents told us about the laws in Germany..

Just thought you'd like to know.
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, but ok.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is no need to throw insults around. @Thortuga It is best to put such things in spoilers with a warning.

However, there is nothing about it that warrants us forcing it to be taken down (though Thortuga did so voluntarily). While some may find it offensive, there was no way to know the context of it in the game, and it does not violate our rules.

Alice's hat trick

Abraca....what was that again...?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan I just read all the rules , isn't deleting a post against the rules?

(oh no! blue text is bad!!!):kaoback:

Thortuga

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@mlogan I just read all the rules , isn't deleting a post against the rules?

(oh no! blue text is bad!!!):kaoback:
From a PM that I received from a moderator for an unrelated occurrence:

"Hi, just to let you know that you can't delete a post, as such. Mods only delete them when there is a serious reason. What you can do is delete the images, if that is what you want. Click Edit, chose More Options. You will then be able to see your uploaded images beneath your post. On the right side you will see a delete button for each one."

So as you can see, it's not against the rules to delete a picture. Which is what I did.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you can't delete a post. If you find you've double posted by accident, just report it and let us know. It's not really a big deal, unless you repeatedly do it when we've asked you not to do it.

Blue text isn't bad. It's just a way to let members know we are speaking as a moderator, as opposed to some other member trying to tell you, if that makes sense. Red text is more serious and may be accompanied by warning points. Though, in a year and a half as moderator, I've never had to use red text.

At any rate, if you have any other questions about forum rules or workings, feel free to send a message.

And now back to your regularly scheduled screenshots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think Kipling said it best.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
⁠And never breathe a word about your loss,
(...)
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
⁠And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

Do you feel like your modern cities are too clean? I made some dumpsters and trash variations. Visit my MZ resource thread (link in signature).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave_lk1