cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tsukitsune - There is a 1 pixel shift in the diagonal wooden floor on both sides. :ninja:

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tsukitsune looks amazing! love the feel of the map and lighting..did you make the tiles yourself?

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Gletschernadel I actually like the initial forest map, with the tree shadows. The tinted one not so much, its too dark like you mentioned.

I did not give feedback before because I don't seem to be very good at mapping myself. I can't say if its OK to make that forest with the tree shadows or not. Solwern recommended clouds, and while it gives a totally different vibe I suppose Solwern knows better than I.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Caitlin The stairs look really awkward and weird in that position. You might want to try a different tile to make it looks more convincing. I also can't tell what sort of map it is going to be, because at this point, it's pretty big and empty. Are you going to fill it up with stuff?
One more thing: Your room looks like it's set in an Asian setting, but those hats at the bottom look pretty fantasy, modern-ish. A little out of place, I think. :confused:

@Gletschernadel I want to like your map, but I think the shadows are a bit too much. :eek:

@Tsukitsune I wish I can make stairs as convincing as you can. :rolleyes:

Here's my new map. I think I might add more blood on the windows as well. But let's see what you guys think of it first. :p
vvyhRhi.png

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective Er... Obviously some psycho really hates somebody... But wouldn't said psycho position the letters on the cake so that they're not upside-down to whoever's in the room reading it? I mean, I know that it should be easy for the player to read, it's just something I noticed. :p

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr Detective Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled about that and I am working on more graphics to fill it out a bit more.

csevans84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Test room for the 1st part of my project i haven't added any bedroom stuff just yet. I like it but would love feed back.
!room1.jpg

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update of the previous map and some other maps I've been working on for Legion Saga MV.

upload_2017-7-23_1-1-25.png

Share.PNG

Share2.png

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@csevans84 It looks like you upscaled it, so now it's pixelated, which doesn't really look good with those tiles. :/

@Arcmagik These are really good, but there are still some MV shadows in the third picture. :/

@Skunk It's quite nice, but there are a few things: First, get rid of those shadows. MV's default shadows are awful. Second, there's no punctuation on that message...? Third, uh... What's going with the grass just beneath the player? It's so dark It's impossible to tell.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skunk It's quite nice, but there are a few things: First, get rid of those shadows. MV's default shadows are awful. Second, there's no punctuation on that message...? Third, uh... What's going with the grass just beneath the player? It's so dark It's impossible to tell.[/QUOTE]

Lol this is just a test map I am playing around with different things with the lighting system. I promise you the shadows are going asap. The message was just a quick blurb to test out the lighting/time system I was working on.

NhatNguyen

Peaceful Days Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recently drew a interior tileset. Still missing a lot of things. This is the map for testing the tileset. I'm really bad at drawing floor, I can't make it fit with the rest... Any idea?
13_by_dsiver144-dbhdn7p.png

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skunk Oh lol. About the lighting though, I think to make it work best, you'd need a dark overlay for the whole thing, because the way you have it now, there's a black tint, and then white light over it. As you probably know, transparent black + transparent white = transparent gray, which you probably don't want. Instead you just get white circles that don't illuminate anything. :p Secondly, I think it would be nice if the lights had more AOE, as the light on the house doesn't even reach the ground. But that's just me. :p

@dsiver144 This looks really good! :) But here are a few things I would like to point out. You don't seem to have much variety in the bookshelves, and with so few books, it's much more easily noticed. And is that a giant pink glass pane on the floor? I know some buildings have glass on their floors as decoration, but just a normal house probably isn't high-budget enough for such an installment. On the welcome mat, the W is way bigger than all of the other letters. Can't it just be an upside-down version of your M? As for the flooring, I would suggest making each tile two or four tiles rather than three, if you know what I mean. That way it'd be a nice checkerboard pattern throughout. ;) There's also an inconsistency in the map itself. There's trim on the edges of all the walls except for the inside edge of the left room. Speaking of walls, I noticed that the walls kinds blend in with the floor. Nothing a baseboard wouldn't fix.

Eviticous

Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skunk The building on the left, the window is so far away, it looks weird, I would use some parallaxing to align everything beside each other and then place the lap over the window. Other wise it just looks bad.

@somenick Your windows and doors don't work well with that tile set, are they apart of the tile set? If not, don't mix and match when they don't look good together, also your windows and doors are all over the place. I've never seen a building in real life with windows and doors in the positions you have them.

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@csevans84 Well, now it's blurry, which is always a big no-no. And what's going on with the stairs on the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.
I forgot that forums have profile walls that you can post or comment on, guess I found a new platform to specifically rant about game-related deranged thought or problems that I have. Salut mes amis!
I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loyalvib