Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't like the way the entire inside area is paved. It would look much nicer with more green space -- and adding parks, orchards, allotments etc would make the space feel more lived in without requiring you to design more buildings.

There should be a central focal point where people can meet, and where most of the important buildings tend to be located. You already have the eye-catching pond in the middle of your city, so with a bit of rearrangement, you could make that the pond in the town square. (By the way, what is the purpose of the pier?)

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aurawhisperer First things first, get rid of those horrendous shadows. MV's default shadows are terrible, terrible, terrible. Otherwise, the map seems rather unpolished. The autotiles are messed up for the blacksmith's wall and the church's roof. The borders of the ground don't line up well with the backs of the houses. P.S. the ground tiles for the ground are extremely similar to the tiles for the top of the wall, which could cause some confusion. :p

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The prier is suppose to be limited resources for fishing. All water is achieved under the cities pave. Like a pipeline. City was also meant to have little grass cover as possible, let alone natural. If anything, man made development. What shadows would you recommend though? That's what I've been using the whole time, and this project is technically finished, prologue wise. Just doing some touch ups is all, and figure to share my city for any inputs.

As for tilesets, what would also be recommended? Kind of limited to what I have. :p

Edit: Ew. I see what you mean now with the autotile. ugggh This isn't good. Oh heavens no. How on earth can I fix this? The building is suppose to be behind the house, and even with shift + autotile it doesn't look the same

Last edited:

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aurawhisperer If you right-click a tile, and then shift-click to place it, it will be exactly the tile that you right-clicked, ignoring autotiles.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you!
Also, what is wrong with the church? I can't find any errors on it

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aurawhisperer Free feel to take this suggestion or to leave it. Your city is way to random, most city planning is a bit more organized than that.. You could try using two tiles, one for the street and the other for walking to make it appear more organized. Benches, street lamps... (^_^) Just a suggestion.. Feel free to take or leave whatever advice I give.

Anyway, since restarting my game and I had to start over, I am sharing an updated version of the main character's grandfather's house. I know that there is a bed in a strange place, but honestly, his house is kinda of on the small side. Hence, why her grandfather doesn't have a bedroom of his own. The side with the book belongs to her brother, who now lives in the temple serving one of the Gods, but he doesn't seem to be able to keep his stuff picked up. lol I haven't created a 'toilet' of sorts for the bathroom.

COH_Updated_Ailena_house.png

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yea, again. What would you recommend? I tried doing my homework on tilesets. Came to nothing but dead ends. Would use FSM if there was a castle set, but at the moment found none.

I do appreciate the feedback. Finding the sokution though, I tried everywhere on the web

Gletschernadel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback.

@Caitlin Thank you for the link. I'll try to make the tint "better" and post an update later :) Oh, and I like the level of detail of your (your characters :D ) grandfather's house.

NhatNguyen

Peaceful Days Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Nutty171 Thanks for the detail comment. It will help me a lots :kaoluv:

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aurawhisperer You see the ridge at the top of all the roof tiles? There's that ridge just below the second story.
Error4.png There's a line there where I circled it.
The solution to your problems isn't in another tileset. I've seen some great things done with RTP, and I'm in fact making my own game with RTP. Speaking of which...

I made a new map, the Dusted Harbor, named after the Dusted Wasteland that lies to the north.
Map017.png (Ignore the top half, which I haven't finished yet. :p)
To me, this map just seems a bit too empty and undecorated, but I have no idea what to do about it. :/

Gletschernadel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a new version of the forest. Its brighter and I think better than the dark version. Personally I really like the shadows so I keep them for now. In my opinion they add a lot to the atmosphere. With the right sound effects its like a real forest :D And the tint helps to "hide" the shadows from the border areas.

forest.png

RabbitFire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Asian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making a post-post apocalyptic story.
The current area is mostly focused on "Post-Apocalyptic" part. I Have to make do with basic tileset because I can't figure out how to use custom tile.

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-5.png

Untitled-7.png

Untitled-10.png

Criticism would be appreciated.

Eviticous

Node Js Developer By Trade, FF14 Player By Heart
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aurawhisperer I find it too open, and there's weird borders around the buildings. I would clutter it up, give it some life. Also cities in the middle ages were rarely all stone, there was lots of life growing.

@Nutty171 You map feels too open, like theres nothing for miles but a few trees and a couple buildings.

General Tip:

One of the things I see a lot, is large maps with large open spaces. There's nothing wrong with a 17x13 map. Pull it it, make it tighter, for example @Caitlin has the right idea, its larger, but its pulled in, its cleaned up and its detailed. Never underestimate smalls maps and their detail.

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll see what I can do with the life part. This kingdom is base on stone though, for it's surrounded around mountains. If only I can slap quarry related designs, I would.

Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for directing that error on the church. Now I see it

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aurawhisperer Looks like you have a tile error with the blue-roofed house at the top of this screenshot. :p (p.s. you double posted)
It is much better now, but both the bottom story and the top story are exactly the same length. Since the roof slopes inwards, the upper story should be slightly shorter in both length and width. :p

Last edited:

Solwern

Dead person.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

A simple sword AOE skill made using the action sequences from Yanfly.

NhatNguyen

Peaceful Days Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still practice drawing interior tileset. This is a test library map I made using my tileset. What do you guys think about the color?
14_by_dsiver144-dbhn42w.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiromori