Game & Map Screenshots 9

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celianna, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RabbitFire

RabbitFire Villager Member

First Language:
    Asian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @dsiver144 Oh! It's so colorful, I like it. Do you make the tiles yourself? :kaopride:

dsiver144 likes this.
  2. dsiver144

dsiver144 Peaceful Days Dev Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yup, I made it myself.

3. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @dsiver144 I think I'm horribly jealous of your ability to make pleasant color choices and I love everything you've made.

4. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh wow. Thanks very much for the kind words. It means a lots to me. :kaocry:

5. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I haven't made a map in like a year lol, took me a while to get back in the swing of things~
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  6. Nutty171

Nutty171 Adept at ineptitude Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Quigon 'Tis very good! It took me a LONG time to find anything wrong with it, but I noticed that the water is just a solid color. That's typically not very good. But it seems you pulled it off really well since it took me so long to notice! :)

I heavily condensed my Dusted Harbor map, is this better?
    Map017.png
    Again, ignore the desert area at the top, as I haven't finished that yet.

Marquise* and RabbitFire like this.
  7. RabbitFire

First Language:
    Asian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nutty171 I like the overall idea but for some reason it feels empty and somewhat flat.
    Maybe add some decoration?

8. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Quigon It looks cool. A horror game? :D One thing that seems weird is the lack of a road. How could the police cars get there? Did they drive on the grass? I only see a sidewalk.

@Nutty171 Hey man, I tried to flip the tile around, but it ended up not looking very well. Very detailed of you, though. :p

As for your map, not sure what you plan to do, but I doubt you'll need a map with that giant size. Why are there random pots of plants at the bottom? Who would put them there, and for what purpose? :eek: I don't know about your game world, but it doesn't make sense for anyone to put pots of plants around the street for decoration. I am not liking the look of the stairs at the top, either. If you want to create the illusion of higher ground, at least make the stairs higher. Also, why the heck is there a tree at the middle? Surrounded by sea water? o_O

Last thing, I personally would move the streets at the bottom more to the center. The one on the left would be right in front of the door. The middle would be right in front of the inn's window. The right one would be in front of the flowerbed. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  9. Nutty171

Nutty171 Adept at ineptitude Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RabbitFire What kind of decoration do you think I can add?

@Mr. Detective The potted plants I tried to put for decoration. If I remove the potted plants, then there will be no decoration, and it'll be WAY to boring and empty. I'm open to alternatives, but I don't have any ideas. :p The tree is supposed to be part of a park/square area... Maybe I'll at leas add little bridges so that the tree is accessible? Last thing, I don't think moving the docks would do very well for the whole harbor aesthetic. :p

10. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nutty171 I'd suggesting looking at real-life images of harbors for ideas... I don't know any harbors with only 4 buildings... That looks like it is made to take in at least three ships at a time that would require several dozen dock hands. I think you need to add more buildings even if they aren't accessible aka you don't want to map the interiors. If you filled up the space with more housing then you would need to fill it up with less decorations. Lastly... when you look at harbors... boxes... boxes on the docks. Look at other RPG harbor maps too for some ideas!

Nutty171 likes this.
  11. RabbitFire

First Language:
    Asian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nutty171 Now that's the hard part.
    If you ask for my advice, I think lamp would be a good addition to any city. How about Statues? the goddess one would look good placed on the middle of that blue flower garden. As this is a harbor city, adding barrels and pot in place and a market spot should do well, considering that historically, Harbor cities are major trade routes. Just a small inn and a few houses feels a bit underwhelming.

I also have suggestion about the desert area; why not fill it with tent? maybe some nomads are visiting the city, or maybe they sell camel for desert travel.

Well that's my two cent, sorry if I made a mistake :kaocry:

Arcmagik and Nutty171 like this.
  12. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Recently worked on refreshing some of the older content in TED - I'd love some feedback on the flow of this selection process!

waynee95, Marquise*, flirion and 3 others like this.
  13. Rabosion

Rabosion Retro Pixlr Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @IAmJakeSauvage , lovely menu. I like it. In my opinion, it's already great as-is.

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  14. Bob Green

Bob Green Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Varhelm Lodge, on Mount Varhelm.

Attached Files:

SOC and Marquise* like this.
  15. dsiver144

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @IAmJakeSauvage Wow, love that selecting scene. It's so well-made. Great choice of font and sprites.

IAmJakeSauvage likes this.
  16. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bob Green The only thing I can add is the strange nature of your roof, in that I don't understand what it is suppose to be. It's strangely angled, this roof doesn't exactly make much sense.

My map is my first city, well, technically the second city, because the first city you don't see much of, as it is attacked. Anyway, the large street is "Main Street", as every city seems to have A big street where all the businesses are located on. I forgot to add some crops in the lower right area, but I'll fix that after I post this. ( =^.^= )/ Anyway, let me know what you think could be added, done better or what, because I am tired and sure I missed something. ( =-.-= )

NOTE: Do not give feed back when slightly falling asleep, you might forget the second portion of your feed back. lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Marquise*, GolfHacker, RitoJS and 2 others like this.
  17. Bob Green

Bob Green Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The only thing I can say is about the bottom 12% of your town.

18. Caitlin

Caitlin \(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bob Green I changed my feed back. ( =-.-= ) I thought I put down the rest of my feed back, only it never left my brain. lol. I was slightly tired when I wrote that, so please forgive me.

19. Bob Green

Bob Green Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I knew what you were getting at. The intention of funneled areas on the roof are to collect snow, which slowly melts and funnels into each of the 10 rooms inside, as their form of running water in this perpetually frozen land. I agree that it looks odd, but it was done with functionality in mind.

20. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My game finally has shops!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The backgrounds as well as portrait will change depending on which shop you're browsing through. I just haven't gotten around to finishing each individual background. But yay, shops!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.