Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@dsiver144 I think I'm horribly jealous of your ability to make pleasant color choices and I love everything you've made.

dsiver144

Peaceful Days Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@dsiver144 I think I'm horribly jealous of your ability to make pleasant color choices and I love everything you've made.
Oh wow. Thanks very much for the kind words. It means a lots to me. :kaocry:

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I haven't made a map in like a year lol, took me a while to get back in the swing of things~
L2m7Tdp.png

Last edited:

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Quigon 'Tis very good! It took me a LONG time to find anything wrong with it, but I noticed that the water is just a solid color. That's typically not very good. But it seems you pulled it off really well since it took me so long to notice! :)

I heavily condensed my Dusted Harbor map, is this better?
Map017.png
Again, ignore the desert area at the top, as I haven't finished that yet.

RabbitFire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Asian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nutty171 I like the overall idea but for some reason it feels empty and somewhat flat.
Maybe add some decoration?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Quigon It looks cool. A horror game? :D One thing that seems weird is the lack of a road. How could the police cars get there? Did they drive on the grass? I only see a sidewalk.

@Nutty171 Hey man, I tried to flip the tile around, but it ended up not looking very well. Very detailed of you, though. :p

As for your map, not sure what you plan to do, but I doubt you'll need a map with that giant size. Why are there random pots of plants at the bottom? Who would put them there, and for what purpose? :eek: I don't know about your game world, but it doesn't make sense for anyone to put pots of plants around the street for decoration. I am not liking the look of the stairs at the top, either. If you want to create the illusion of higher ground, at least make the stairs higher. Also, why the heck is there a tree at the middle? Surrounded by sea water? o_O

Last thing, I personally would move the streets at the bottom more to the center. The one on the left would be right in front of the door. The middle would be right in front of the inn's window. The right one would be in front of the flowerbed. :confused:

Last edited:

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RabbitFire What kind of decoration do you think I can add?

@Mr. Detective The potted plants I tried to put for decoration. If I remove the potted plants, then there will be no decoration, and it'll be WAY to boring and empty. I'm open to alternatives, but I don't have any ideas. :p The tree is supposed to be part of a park/square area... Maybe I'll at leas add little bridges so that the tree is accessible? Last thing, I don't think moving the docks would do very well for the whole harbor aesthetic. :p

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nutty171 I'd suggesting looking at real-life images of harbors for ideas... I don't know any harbors with only 4 buildings... That looks like it is made to take in at least three ships at a time that would require several dozen dock hands. I think you need to add more buildings even if they aren't accessible aka you don't want to map the interiors. If you filled up the space with more housing then you would need to fill it up with less decorations. Lastly... when you look at harbors... boxes... boxes on the docks. Look at other RPG harbor maps too for some ideas!

RabbitFire

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Asian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nutty171 Now that's the hard part.
If you ask for my advice, I think lamp would be a good addition to any city. How about Statues? the goddess one would look good placed on the middle of that blue flower garden. As this is a harbor city, adding barrels and pot in place and a market spot should do well, considering that historically, Harbor cities are major trade routes. Just a small inn and a few houses feels a bit underwhelming.

I also have suggestion about the desert area; why not fill it with tent? maybe some nomads are visiting the city, or maybe they sell camel for desert travel.

Well that's my two cent, sorry if I made a mistake :kaocry:

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bob Green The only thing I can add is the strange nature of your roof, in that I don't understand what it is suppose to be. It's strangely angled, this roof doesn't exactly make much sense.

My map is my first city, well, technically the second city, because the first city you don't see much of, as it is attacked. Anyway, the large street is "Main Street", as every city seems to have A big street where all the businesses are located on. I forgot to add some crops in the lower right area, but I'll fix that after I post this. ( =^.^= )/ Anyway, let me know what you think could be added, done better or what, because I am tired and sure I missed something. ( =-.-= )

NOTE: Do not give feed back when slightly falling asleep, you might forget the second portion of your feed back. lol

9f6514d2abba89293a8b2560cb1307d9-dbhwbcm.png

Last edited:

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bob Green I changed my feed back. ( =-.-= ) I thought I put down the rest of my feed back, only it never left my brain. lol. I was slightly tired when I wrote that, so please forgive me.

Bob Green

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bob Green I changed my feed back. ( =-.-= ) I thought I put down the rest of my feed back, only it never left my brain. lol. I was slightly tired when I wrote that, so please forgive me.
I knew what you were getting at. The intention of funneled areas on the roof are to collect snow, which slowly melts and funnels into each of the 10 rooms inside, as their form of running water in this perpetually frozen land. I agree that it looks odd, but it was done with functionality in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV