SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SOC I like what you've done with the default resources. You've managed to make it look really busy with minimum assets.

As for the bridge; you could maybe try dropping the water down one tile so that the bridge is over a drop? Also the bridge could carry on a tile, each end, onto the land by a tile, at the moment it looks like the ends could fall in.

Thanks! I was able to work on it a bit so I think it looks better without the bridge.

3pbJ2Oj.png
@SOCJoke aside, there are several nice additions for the ice cave and at least mine and Marus allow more layers which might solve your issue ;3

Those look great! Thanks for making awesome resources! But I don't know how to add them to the tilesets in database editor, I sent you a conversation, can you help with setting those up?

Also decided to make a random cave too, featuring a little rock have to push out of the way and mapped in such a way you can never get stuck, even if you come from behind. I seem to enjoy putting the exit in the top right corner...

AXt3TmM.png

Last edited:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Been ages since I posted something here.
cfScRoi.png

This is all MV RTP edited by me (except the parallax background).
I pretty much wanted to create a modern supervillain\criminal genius room, a bit in Kingpin style.

Credits: Kadokawa, Me.

Last edited:

Nathyn171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph A few things about your map:
- Those MV default shadows on the left. I hate those things. They're unrealistic, and, imo, really ugly. If you really need the depth, I'd recommend adding a *small* gradient around your floor autotile.
- Isn't the whole point of having a safe in the painting to keep it hidden? That knob and handle on the painting were pretty much the first thing that caught my eye in the image. :p
- It doesn't look like there's enough curtain to cover the whole window.
- I've been staring at this map for minutes on end and only just now noticed the guy sitting in the office chair. His hair blends in way too much. I thought he was part of the chair for the longest time. :guffaw:
- I'm not convinced the cat is looking out the window. It looks like he's looking at that control panel under the window.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Nutty171
Thanks for the feedback! Some things are intentional, like the visible cashbox in the painting (or else what is the point of even adding it if you can't see it or if it's too subtle?) and the cat there is just chilling. I dunno about the shadows and the curtain, I wanted the curtain short on purpose (some real curtains look like that) to show the city background or else it would be covered way too much. Give me an example of what you mean regarding the shadows if you don't mind but I'm not going to touch them, because that's just your personal preference. Will fix the rest, thanks again.

EDIT: Fixed what I think needed fixing, the villain now has gold hair highlights, the cashbox is even more visible and I added the upper curtains on the top of the window. Everything else will stay the same.

Last edited:

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually like how the boss blends into the background. Reminds me of one of those old mafia movies when the protagonist enters a room thinking it's empty and badmouthing the boss, then his chair whirls around and there he is sitting and sipping his wine. XD
I guess the purpose of the safe looking so visible in the screenshot is because it's a map for viewing, and to add to the atmosphere. Could be wrong, though.
For the curtains, I guess these could be used for references?:
23336b47301d72a2e246f6eb5998548e.jpg

f3a2ac3fdff44ffcde084941b4ab1971.jpg

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Susan
Yes, that's exactly what I was doing with the curtains, the only mistake I did there was missing the top part.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BCj is that a custom background image plugin mixed with SRD's Bust Icons alternative menu? I'm beyond impressed but what I may suggest would sound difficult and that would be to find a way to remove that highlighter in your command window. The way it contrasts the angled shapes of your icons feels off to me.

Otherwise I'm loving that comic book feel.

Reactions: BCj

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BCj Everything is low res, except the icons and the hand cursor. It'd look more harmonious if it were all in one style only.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BCj is that a custom background image plugin mixed with SRD's Bust Icons alternative menu? I'm beyond impressed but what I may suggest would sound difficult and that would be to find a way to remove that highlighter in your command window. The way it contrasts the angled shapes of your icons feels off to me.

Otherwise I'm loving that comic book feel.
I think that's definitely possible, yes, thank you for the comment :)

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
dd22icuj.gif

"Darling, are you really sure you want to stay here over night?! I heard a lot about people that went missing in this area!"
"Oh Honey, don't be frightened. It is a cosy little inn, what could happen?"

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@AceOfAces_Mod - I'd arrange the small windows in the tilesheet to have them at about the same height as the upper part of the doors. As they are now, they're either too low or too high.
And why are there so small houses on the right side? 1 tile high, even a door cannot fit.
Also, the slented roofs (red and blue ones) have too much saturated colors compared to the rest of the map.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made this illusion of animated water with some decent physic on a static parallax map, just by using some moving lines. Took us about a week to get it right, but I'm pretty happy with the end result. What do you think?

jiPaKKa.gif

VeggetoSSJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Re-designed one of the maps of the game:
XP86OMt.png

the windows and door combination in some of the houses doesn't make sense to me. Either some windows are close to the floor or some doors extent to the next floor.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Avery it looks amazing, everything blends perfectly.
@AceOfAces_Mod I agree with @cabfe, you need to change the roofs on those two buildings. Comparing to the other roofs it doesn't blend too well. If you want to use those tiles, I suggest you to edit them a little bit. The doors also pop out in a weird way, again, saturation. And I think you should make some of the houses bigger. I really like the idea of the fountain in the middle, and it is a pretty fountain, but it's kinda of misplaced. Also, the bridges connecting to the platform where the fountain is aren't necessary nor make sense. The area becomes too small and no one could walk there well. Maybe add some flora around outside the town...
@SomaelCK I think it looks pretty good! Great job on the water animation!

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SomaelCK It looks convincingly good, but I have a problem with the water depth. How can it be both at a robot's height and this high on the rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Posted some halloween freebies! Grab them while on season :kaopride:
hallow_cat.png
So my birthday was about a week ago! Just forgot to post it. I went to a Golden Corral, and it was soooooo good! :kaojoy: I also got some Animal Crossing in my life! Yay, Animal Crossing!
At this point, "unique and diverse cast of characters" might as well be slang for Every Character is a Human-Sue.
I found an absolutely brilliant lifehack on the internet today.

Screenshot_760.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grungewitch